Alex mentioned in Gibson.com Article

PhilCastro

Good catch Phil. trink39.gif

Anytime that Alex gets his hard-earned credit, I'm all for it.

Additionally, nice to see the real Les Paul, even if he's showing his age. 20 years ago when he was in his 70's, he was so limber anyone could have mistaken him for a 30 y/o guitar virtuoso.

Honorable mention for Keith Richards as well. It's very good to be reminded how talented this zombie was back in his heyday. Check out the video for Bitch a little further down the page if you don't believe me. There was a time when he was truly fantastic, and the whole band was relevant. (Especially Watts.)

And the "meh" moment: When the soft-rocking guitarist from REO was favored one spot above alex. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 27 2009, 12:18 AM)
Nice props to Alex!

trink39.gif

Can anyone tell me exactly where Frampton uses the talk box on "Baby I Love Your Way"?

unsure.gif

The writer shows his age, eh?

And of all the Neil Young out there to honor, he picks that little tidbit he did w/ Pearl Jam. Wouldn't "Down by the River" have suited much better?

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Feb 26 2009, 03:42 PM)
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Feat...c-Les-Paul-225/

He's the 4th one down.

Pretty Cool confused13.gif

Thanks Phil! If you hadn't posted this, I never would have known. That is awesome for Alex. It's great when the guys are recognized.

Side note: Why is none of this type of info on their official website? No offense, but that website is missing some valuable pieces of information.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 27 2009, 12:03 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Feb 27 2009, 12:18 AM)
Nice props to Alex!

trink39.gif

Can anyone tell me exactly where Frampton uses the talk box on "Baby I Love Your Way"?

unsure.gif

The writer shows his age, eh?

And of all the Neil Young out there to honor, he picks that little tidbit he did w/ Pearl Jam. Wouldn't "Down by the River" have suited much better?

Good point there!

laugh.gif

• Like 2

Nice props to Alex!

trink39.gif

unsure.gif

Sarcasm Goose? Cuz he uses it all over that song!

Nice props to Alex!

trink39.gif

unsure.gif

No he doesn't. That's the acoustic song. I think you're thinking of Show Me The Way.

• Like 1

Nice props to Alex!

trink39.gif

unsure.gif

No he doesn't. That's the acoustic song. I think you're thinking of Show Me The Way.

Oh yeah, you're right! Brain fart!

• Like 1