Dave Gilmour's Live at Gdansk

Steevo

i much as i love gilmour and enjoyed his show at radio city music hall, i don't really feel the need to buy this in any format (except maybe vinyl...) because i bought the Remember That Night DVD about a year ago. as far as i can tell it's the same setlist. maybe i'll get the cd so that i can listen to it but as far as the dvd is concerned it seems a bit unnecessary for people who bought RTN.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 21 2008, 01:39 AM)
I'll be blowing a huge wad on the box no doubt. Has anyone picked it up yet?? common001.gif 653.gif common001.gif 653.gif

You mean like Jack Black is doing in your avatar? laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 23 2008, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 21 2008, 01:39 AM)
I'll be blowing a huge wad on the box no doubt.  Has anyone picked it up yet??  common001.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  653.gif

You mean like Jack Black is doing in your avatar? laugh.gif

Hey, hes havin a boogie, nothing more!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (heartofcygnus @ Sep 23 2008, 04:24 PM)
amazon says the vinyl set is being released nov 25. is this true? i assumed it'd be released tomorrow with the rest of them?

Wierd, so would I. See what turns up here when I pick up the box soon.

I might re-consider getting the 5 disc version.

$115 on Amazon. Over a $60 markup from the 4 disc version ($35). Plus the music thats available on the 5th disc is also avaliable for a free downolad on the 3rd disc.

The extra stuff (beside the extra disc) on the 5d version is some photos, a poster, a guitar pick, souviner ticket/backstage pass/artists pass, and a 20 page booklet as opposed to the 12 page booklet in the other versions.

And like I said the music that is on the 5th disc, is avalable for free download via the third disc.

So if all the extra stuff is worth a $60 markup for you, then I'd reccomend you get the 5 disc, if not (like me) just go with the 4(2cd/2dvd) version

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 24 2008, 02:47 AM)
I might re-consider getting the 5 disc version.

$115 on Amazon.  Over a $60 markup from the 4 disc version ($35).  Plus the music thats available on the 5th disc is also avaliable for a free downolad on the 3rd disc.

The extra stuff (beside the extra disc) on the 5d version is some photos, a poster, a guitar pick, souviner ticket/backstage pass/artists pass, and a 20 page booklet as opposed to the 12 page booklet in the other versions.

And like I said the music that is on the 5th disc, is avalable for free download via the third disc. 

So if all the extra stuff is worth a $60 markup for you, then I'd reccomend you get the 5 disc, if not (like me) just go with the 4(2cd/2dvd) version

I know, I've been put off from it since Ive had time to wait for the box. Inititally I thought there were much more substantial extras to nab, but no way angry.gif

i saw it today. best buy has it for $49.99 and just the album for $11.99

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 28 2008, 09:49 AM)
Saw it on TV last night on BBC 4, his tone gets better as he gets older...

Truly. And how many can you say that for? A rare gem. I only saw him once live, and that was with the Floyd on the Momentary Lapse tour in the late 80s. Ahhhh, such good memories cool10.gif

Archived