Digi-pak albums

Steevo

These versions are beginning to creep in more here. I had Rio and a couple of comps lined up but saw them and thought twice. They are sealed so I cant see the difference, but they do look smaller than standard. Is this format happening in the US/UK as well?

Every album from Rush In Rio through Snakes and Arrows Live has been in this format. To be honest, even though it wears down easier, I prefer digi-paks to jewel cases.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Sep 17 2008, 07:05 PM)
Every album from Rush In Rio through Snakes and Arrows Live has been in this format. To be honest, even though it wears down easier, I prefer digi-paks to jewel cases.

So do I. The boring reason being that I got sick and tired of nearly giving myself a stroke trying to get to the CD. They put enough security tape to tie down the Budweiser Clydesdales on the damn jewel cases.

Can't say i mind either. Digi packs are better from an artwork and package point of view...and make a nice change. Jewel cases are more robust and offer more protection...but..boring tongue.gif

I prefer Digi-pack over Jewl casing as well. Espically when dealing with double or multi CD albums.

I hate Double CD's when dealing with a jewl case, I eventually wind up breaking the thing that folds out to get to the second disc.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 17 2008, 07:10 PM)

So do I. The boring reason being that I got sick and tired of nearly giving myself a stroke trying to get to the CD. They put enough security tape to tie down the Budweiser Clydesdales on the damn jewel cases.

ain't that the truth

And the shit is hard to tear off in one piece!

I hate the security tape!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 18 2008, 01:04 PM)

And the shit is hard to tear off in one piece!

I hate the security tape!

and you certainly can't get that crap off while driving down the highway at 60mph... i'm always in a hurry to hear it, cant wait till I get home and never remember to do it in the parking lot.. other than that I prefer the jewel case as the other one's don't stand up on the shelf.. I hate the packaging on the new Metallica.. it's going to get ruined in no time..

The only jewel cases I see on the shelves these days are from local artists that nobody ever listens to.

Most major labels are putting out some pretty fancy digi-pak packages.

I prefer the Jewel case. it protects the cd better. I irritates the hell out of me when I see multiple Cds out of their cases stacked on top of themselves. I think I'm the only one that keeps CDs in their individual cases anymore. It's a hold over from the whole LP thing. I catch myself holding CDs from the edges sometimes! Habits are hard to break.... biggrin.gif

Archived