Moonraker's "Name That Rush Tune" #5

Moonraker

Moonraker's Clip Contest #4

Begins Thursday, Feb. 17th, 5pm EST (2pm PST)

THE PRIZE:

The remastered 3 DVD set of Rush playing Radio City Music Hall during the 2004 R30 tour. This prize is being generously donated by BB&B (thank you bekloppt.gif )

RULES:

This contest is comprised of 10 randomly selected Rush songs, each .75 seconds in length. Total length will be 7.5 seconds.

All songs are from studio album only, no live material. All songs will be recorded by Rush, no other artists will be featured. This ranges from Rush in 1974 to Feedback in 2004. It is possible that more then one clip will come from the same Album or even the same song.

To enter a guess, make a list of what you think the 10 songs are. You must provide a complete list of 10 guesses with every guess. I will check the board as often as I can and will give a reply in the form of "3/10 correct" (or 4/10 correct, 7/10 correct, etc.) and will say nothing more. I reserve the right to offer hints if I feel the contest is dragging out.

The first person to correctly guess all 10 songs will recieve the prize. If multiple people give the correct answer before I have time to reply, the first person to post will be declared the winner.

***NEW RULE***

Only one guess may be submitted for the first 24 hours of the contest, so only one guess for everyone until 5pm EST, 2pm PST regardless of when I respond to it. After that point, all previous rules apply

WHERES THE CLIP:

The location of the clip will be disclosed at the start of the contest

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to private message my TRF handle, or email me at EvanMacD03@yahoo.com. Good luck to you all on Thursday biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 15 2005, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2005, 06:15 AM)
Moonie, why don't you just skip the formalities and go ahead and send the boot to sfuentes?  laugh.gif

I wonder how much he is gonna wanna be in this one, considering the prize is the same thing he won a couple contests ago wink.gif

I can see the pic now. 10 Rush Forum shirts pressed and laid neatly on the bed with the caption:

"Upper left corner is the one I won in MoonRaker #4, Upper middle is the one I won in MoonRaker #5. Then you pretty much work your way right and down which brings you to present with MoonRaker #22 at the bottom there. Oh yeah, see the one far middle right there? That one was close, Snowdog almost got me that time."

"I'm still working on the pic of all the boots I've won. Can't get them all in frame for some reason. Should be up soon though."

"I do feel kinda bad that I've been winning so much. The last 5 contests I've limited myself to just one guess but somehow still have come out on top. I think next time to make it a bit more challenging I'll play the clip just once on $2 headphones while at a crowded soccer stadium in double overtime. There's hope for you folks yet."

Moon, perhaps you could offer a consolation prize for second place? A Rush t-shirt tag maybe, or an empty cd case that once housed a great bootleg? We're desperate, we'd take just about anything.

(No hard feelings sfuentes - we all know you da man!)

cool.gif

Schro

Moonie, why don't you just skip the formalities and go ahead and send the boot to sfuentes?  laugh.gif

I wonder how much he is gonna wanna be in this one, considering the prize is the same thing he won a couple contests ago wink.gif

Yes, it is the same performance from the

first night at RCMH on August 18, 2004.

But, the audio is synced from DAT audio which

is better than the audio on the 2 DVD set.

The video/audio synchronization is also better.

http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/datab...ecordingID=1635

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 15 2005, 10:52 AM)
"I'm still working on the pic of all the boots I've won. Can't get them all in frame for some reason. Should be up soon though."

omg Schro, i'm in class right now & am about to have a heart attack from trying to suppress my laughter!!

icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 15 2005, 07:52 AM)

I can see the pic now. 10 Rush Forum shirts pressed and laid neatly on the bed with the caption:

"Upper left corner is the one I won in MoonRaker #4, Upper middle is the one I won in MoonRaker #5. Then you pretty much work your way right and down which brings you to present with MoonRaker #22 at the bottom there. Oh yeah, see the one far middle right there? That one was close, Snowdog almost got me that time."

"I do feel kinda bad that I've been winning so much. The last 5 contests I've limited myself to just one guess but somehow still have come out on top. I think next time to make it a bit more challenging I'll play the clip just once on $2 headphones while at a crowded soccer stadium in double overtime. There's hope for you folks yet."

Moon, perhaps you could offer a consolation prize for second place? A Rush t-shirt tag maybe, or an empty cd case that once housed a great bootleg? We're desperate, we'd take just about anything.

(No hard feelings sfuentes - we all know you da man!)

cool.gif

Schro

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Blast it, why are these always so hard for me?!?! sad.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 17 2005, 05:07 PM)
Blast it, why are these always so hard for me?!?! sad.gif fists crying.gif

Don't feel alone

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 18 2005, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2005, 09:15 AM)

sfuentes is lucky I haven't been playing these.... tongue.gif

So true...I have witnessed 1's domination of this game. He kicks ass!

yes.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 18 2005, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 18 2005, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2005, 09:15 AM)

sfuentes is lucky I haven't been playing these.... tongue.gif

So true...I have witnessed 1's domination of this game. He kicks ass!

yes.gif biggrin.gif

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 is awesome. trink39.gif

I have no idea, I have heard every rush song as much as anyone but I can't figure out what a one second section is. I can get most but not all 10 and I don't feel like sitting there for hours figuring it out. I can tell which album most of them are on just from the sound. I get 6-7 right off the bat but that's about it. I can't let my online business suffer too much. Good luck to whoever plays.

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 18 2005, 01:14 PM)
I have no idea, I have heard every rush song as much as anyone but I can't figure out what a one second section is. I can get most but not all 10 and I don't feel like sitting there for hours figuring it out. I can tell which album most of them are on just from the sound. I get 6-7 right off the bat but that's about it. I can't let my online business suffer too much. Good luck to whoever plays.

Did you put in your guesses then for the 6 or 7 you know?

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 18 2005, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 18 2005, 01:14 PM)

Did you put in your guesses then for the 6 or 7 you know?

No, I'll let people figure them out for themselves.

Archived