Dukes of Hazzard

Alex

I recently bought Dukes of Hazzard Season 1. And I mean the original show, not the embaressment of a remake with Jessica Simspon. And I was just curious to know if anyone else here is interested in the Dukes of Hazzard TV Show? Or if the older folks here used to watch it as a kid? It would be cool to know!

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 7 2008, 10:06 AM)
It was my favorite show when I was kid. Still love it.

My fave is Roscoe.

Roscoe is hilarious yes.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 7 2008, 10:33 AM)
James Best is a great actor. He was in a episode of the andy griffith show where he was a rebel guitarist.

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p448/tangdog/reelectroascoe.jpg

Sweet!

I know I may get flack for this but.... I like both the show and the newer movie. I'm not sure if CMT still shows Dukes or not - I think they stopped for some reason.

But, yeah, I love them Dukes!

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 7 2008, 03:36 PM)
http://www.cglfc.com/santi_general_lee.jpg

drool1.gif drool1.gif

I hated this show. It did more to screw up everyone's perception of Georgians. Thanks to Hollywood, the rest of the nation had the idea that we were all cow-tipping, Dixie-lovin' Confederate secessionist wannabes who never made it past 7th grade.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 7 2008, 08:02 PM)
I hated this show. It did more to screw up everyone's perception of Georgians. Thanks to Hollywood, the rest of the nation had the idea that we were all cow-tipping, Dixie-lovin' Confederate secessionist wannabes who never made it past 7th grade.

Yeah, I didn't care for it either...Never watched it back in the day at all, and I'll NEVER see that abortion of a movie remake... 062802puke_prv.gif

I thought it was OK during it's run. It had its funny moments, but it's not the kind of show I'd watch nowadays.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Sep 7 2008, 07:02 PM)

Isn't that whate Georgians are? unsure.gif

tongue.gif

I LOVED it back then! It's still likable now (to me) as simple entertainment, nothing more. I like the new movie, too. I was in junior high/high school then and a total gearhead. Spurred my interest in musclecars into high gear. tongue.gif I had a Road Runner like Daisy Duke's for awhile ( a 1973.) Someone up here has one of the actual cars that survived the show.

Dukes of Hazzard

A-Team

The Incredible Hulk

My t.v diet circa 1980-84

The characters on The Dukes were just awesome and so entertaining.

Daisy Duke made me realize what it's like to be a man...if you know what i mean

I wont get into the details