Miami Dolphins 2008/9 Season Thread

Huck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 18 2008, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 18 2008, 05:01 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Nov 17 2008, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 11 2008, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Nov 3 2008, 03:45 PM)
What about those Dolphins, win number 4 and in Denver ohmy.gif 

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

I don't wanna seem premature, but I am sensing we might even get a wild card spot if we can keep it up. I just don't think it's out of the question. I know you are with me on this Huck trink39.gif

GO FINS!!!!!!

I'm with you there MM, 6-4 who'd of thunk it? ohmy.gif

Play-offs are a definite possibility, big game on Sunday v Pats 1287.gif

I'll be watching this game closely. If we can beat them again this year I'll feel more confident about a wildcard spot.

The Phins need to go for the division title, they have a better shot at that than a wild card, as long as the Pats misfire...

They need to have the "10 wins" mentality. Just get 10 wins and your in. Well, most likely. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 23 2008, 08:55 AM)
Are they going to break out the WishBone Today?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Hell no! But they're gonna bust out the Wing-T this weekend laugh.gif They may even introduce the forward pass to their mix.

Just busting your nuts Huck biggrin.gif

Damn we did it again. Would be nice to see us finish like 11-5. With a record like that a playoff spot would surely be a likelihood. Not holding my breath but the phins have shown that it is possible. Superbowl team??? not a very realistic scenario at all. But hey you never know. LOL.

Come on haters tell us how they still suck.

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Dec 7 2008, 08:36 PM)
omg im so happy there are other dolphins fans that are also rush fans trink39.gif

Welcome. Any fan of the dolphins can't be all bad!! wink.gif I would say Huck and I are probably the biggest phins fans on TRF.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Dec 15 2008, 05:12 PM)
Damn we did it again. Would be nice to see us finish like 11-5. With a record like that a playoff spot would surely be a likelihood. Not holding my breath but the phins have shown that it is possible. Superbowl team??? not a very realistic scenario at all. But hey you never know. LOL.

Amazing, it's not pretty but we're doing it 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 15 2008, 05:56 PM)
Damn we did it again. Would be nice to see us finish like 11-5. With a record like that a playoff spot would surely be a likelihood. Not holding my breath but the phins have shown that it is possible. Superbowl team??? not a very realistic scenario at all.  But hey you never know. LOL.

http://th276.photobucket.com/albums/kk23/Jerseygirl1126/th_1f4e2188393c802a749fb4f99feb581e.jpg

QUOTE (Inthend @ Dec 16 2008, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 15 2008, 05:56 PM)
Damn we did it again. Would be nice to see us finish like 11-5. With a record like that a playoff spot would surely be a likelihood. Not holding my breath but the phins have shown that it is possible. Superbowl team??? not a very realistic scenario at all.  But hey you never know. LOL.

http://th276.photobucket.com/albums/kk23/Jerseygirl1126/th_1f4e2188393c802a749fb4f99feb581e.jpg

Oooo we SHALL go to the ball. bncegrn.gif

You weren't as bad as your record last year and you're not quite good as your record this year. You are an improving team with solid coaching that needs to add talent. With that said, trink39.gif to having a fine season so far and trink39.gif to turning your team around.

QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 15 2008, 04:56 PM)

The Bill Parcels motto. biggrin.gif Who better to turn around the fish than the tuna?

I'm glad that Dallas East is competitive again. I don't know why, but it's always a more interesting league to me when the fish are good.

im a huge phin fan. brought up in a dolphins house and grew up idolizing marino. then i saw him retire and they havent done shit since. but wow 11-5 is a total possibility!!!!WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?! i told my friends before the season started i would be happy with 6 or 7 wins and 2 weeks left and were guaranteed a winning season. LETS GO PHINS!!

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Dec 17 2008, 04:00 AM)
im a huge phin fan. brought up in a dolphins house and grew up idolizing marino. then i saw him retire and they havent done shit since. but wow 11-5 is a total possibility!!!!WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?! i told my friends before the season started i would be happy with 6 or 7 wins and 2 weeks left and were guaranteed a winning season. LETS GO PHINS!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif Welcome to the thread!

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 17 2008, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 15 2008, 04:56 PM)

The Bill Parcels motto. biggrin.gif Who better to turn around the fish than the tuna?

I'm glad that Dallas East is competitive again. I don't know why, but it's always a more interesting league to me when the fish are good.

Dolphins are mammals tongue.gif

But yes I agree it's a much better division when the Fins are competitive.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 16 2008, 08:57 PM)
You weren't as bad as your record last year and you're not quite good as your record this year. You are an improving team with solid coaching that needs to add talent. With that said, trink39.gif to having a fine season so far and trink39.gif to turning your team around.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

If the Seahawks beat the Jets and the Jets beat you guys next week and The pats beat the Bills, the Pats win the division with an 11-5 and you go out...

Just so you don't get carried away...

And errr the Seahawks are winning at the moment...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 21 2008, 05:31 PM)
If the Seahawks beat the Jets and the Jets beat you guys next week and The pats beat the Bills, the Pats win the division with an 11-5 and you go out...

can i just ask what your team is before you come in and bash the feel good story of the year in the nfl?

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Dec 21 2008, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 21 2008, 05:31 PM)

can i just ask what your team is before you come in and bash the feel good story of the year in the nfl?

laugh.gif

THE SAINTS

unsure.gif

Well at least we won today...

bolt.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 21 2008, 06:58 PM)
The Seahawks duly defeated the Jets, who will be desperate now to win at home next week...

even if they win next week they wont be in the playoffs. so they wont really be desperate. im actually sad they lost because now the pats can get into the playoffs and maybe the miami ny game wont get switched to sunday night. plus buffalo could still shake things up

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Dec 21 2008, 08:44 PM)
The Seahawks duly defeated the Jets, who will be desperate now to win at home next week...

even if they win next week they wont be in the playoffs. so they wont really be desperate. im actually sad they lost because now the pats can get into the playoffs and maybe the miami ny game wont get switched to sunday night. plus buffalo could still shake things up

If Buffalo win at home next week beating the Pats and the Jets beat the Fins then the Jets win the division. That's a good enough incentive to win I think.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 22 2008, 02:23 AM)

If Buffalo win at home next week beating the Pats and the Jets beat the Fins then the Jets win the division. That's a good enough incentive to win I think.

yea but mangini also hates belicheck. well ok everyone hates belicheck but he hates him extra. I still cant believe that the denver san diego game got the sunday night game over the miami new york. When you can win your division with 9 wins who the hell cares which team wins. denver and san diego both suck this games a joke. Instead you could have the comeback team of the year with a qb playing against his old team and a coach playing against his old team plus its for playoffs. good call networks your officially retarded

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Dec 22 2008, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 22 2008, 02:23 AM)

yea but mangini also hates belicheck. well ok everyone hates belicheck but he hates him extra. I still cant believe that the denver san diego game got the sunday night game over the miami new york. When you can win your division with 9 wins who the hell cares which team wins. denver and san diego both suck this games a joke. Instead you could have the comeback team of the year with a qb playing against his old team and a coach playing against his old team plus its for playoffs. good call networks your officially retarded

I can't believe The Broncos have let it go this far, the Chargers were dead and buried a month ago...