enjoy RUSH or act normal?

MMCXII

Air-guitar/bass/drumming while driving can be dangerous. I've actually almost had an accident or two as a result.

Damn you, Rush. I wonder if Geddy's insurance covers people air-bassing to his lines while driving confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushdownunder @ Aug 29 2008, 12:42 PM)
All this talk of air instruments reminds me of this great picture, that I'm sure most of you have seen before...

http://media.tumblr.com/ZvoOZ39aR3xjifo2GEXOkKYx_400.jpg

No air guitar, just real guitar. But I often play air drums or bang on my desk.

But that picture is the funniest thing I've seen all week - I needed a good laugh. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (rushdownunder @ Aug 28 2008, 10:27 PM)
Speaking of air instruments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8UrUEw6pFU

Just had to post to say ... I love the avatar! laugh.gif

Anyway, back on topic, I don't usually get to wild, usually just singing quietly to myself. But my older brother always goes crazy ... singing, air bassing/guitaring/drumming ... it's particularly scary when I'm in the car with him ... and he's diving ... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Aug 28 2008, 10:40 PM)
Just had to post to say ... I love the avatar! laugh.gif

Thanks Drew! biggrin.gif I wasn't sure if anyone would get that it's a kangaroo or not.

I'm also hoping that Mr. Syme is O.K with my 'butchering' of his classic artwork, as a friend pointed out to me the other day it might be too close to the original. Though I dont see a tail and huge ears on the Starman!

Someone also said to me that if Rush do make it to Australia that Neil should put that logo on his front bass drum skin. Now that would be cool! bncegrn.gifapplaudit.gif

Another semi-embarassing Rush moment at school today...the bitchy girls in my class were controlling the radio as usual...my friend Jamie changed the station for me and The Spirit of Radio happened to be playing. I yelled "RUSH!" and thrust my fist in the air. Pretty much everyone in the salon stopped and looked at me. blush4.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 28 2008, 11:04 PM)
Sometimes I'll "drum" on the shifter.

oooohhhh SHIFTer, thought you said "shitter" I DO THAT!!!

yeah ok driving along sure...I even somehow forgot how YYZ started then ah HAH! YOU TUBE!! the Rio version then the Foo Fighters version with Taylor hawkins on drums Ged on bass coming in from stage left, and Al from stage right...and a very capable skin banger he be!

So I plug in the MP CD..and ding ding ding ding d ing ding ding in the air then

DUN dun DUNDUNDUN dunDUNDUN DUNDUNDUN on the wheel...gas is the kick and well let's just say it's way easy to run a red light and/or stop sign when attempting these air instrument antics z7shysterical.gif

back to the shitter....well wherever I'm working...feel the urge? get in shut the door...bored? not anymore

nothing to read...no problem.....bring which ever song to mind and 2.gif ON!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 28 2008, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Aug 28 2008, 12:51 AM)
ok here's my offering for "dumb thread of the day"... 

when I'm listening to RUSH in my vehicle, the entire dashboard/ steering wheel/ console become a huge drum kit and I try to keep up with Neil the best I can (unless of course I'm beside someone at a red light!). well today I was driving with someone and had on AFTK, well during Cygnus I instinctivly burst into an air drumming fury!!  then I remembered I wasn't alone and awkwardly pulled back into the usual little finger tapping but it was too late anyway.... I was busted!!  doh.gif

anyone else have this happen??

I hope you weren't drummin' on your dash as you were haulin' ass down Whitemud.

wow, didn't see that coming! I take it you live in Edmonton? lol and yeah... I don't descriminate, whitemud is fair game baby!!

QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Aug 28 2008, 11:44 PM)
Another semi-embarassing Rush moment at school today...the bitchy girls in my class were controlling the radio as usual...my friend Jamie changed the station for me and The Spirit of Radio happened to be playing. I yelled "RUSH!" and thrust my fist in the air. Pretty much everyone in the salon stopped and looked at me. blush4.gif

how do you get all the Rush on comercial radio? sad.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Aug 29 2008, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 28 2008, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Aug 28 2008, 12:51 AM)

when I'm listening to RUSH in my vehicle, the entire dashboard/ steering wheel/ console become a huge drum kit and I try to keep up with Neil the best I can (unless of course I'm beside someone at a red light!). well today I was driving with someone and had on AFTK, well during Cygnus I instinctivly burst into an air drumming fury!!  then I remembered I wasn't alone and awkwardly pulled back into the usual little finger tapping but it was too late anyway.... I was busted!!  doh.gif

I hope you weren't drummin' on your dash as you were haulin' ass down Whitemud.

wow, didn't see that coming! I take it you live in Edmonton? lol and yeah... I don't descriminate, whitemud is fair game baby!!

No I don't live in Edmonton, I know it pretty good though.

Have had many an adventure there.

I've noticed when I'm singing along (which I don't do often, cause I suck at it), my hiney comes up off the car seat when Geddy hits those high notes. I'm sure that gets some looks.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 29 2008, 09:59 PM)
I've noticed when I'm singing along (which I don't do often, cause I suck at it), my hiney comes up off the car seat when Geddy hits those high notes. I'm sure that gets some looks.

just wanted to say thank you Miss, didn't realize that was you biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mfratt @ Aug 28 2008, 10:29 PM)
Air-guitar/bass/drumming while driving can be dangerous. I've actually almost had an accident or two as a result.

Damn you, Rush. I wonder if Geddy's insurance covers people air-bassing to his lines while driving confused13.gif

I agree. Air guitar, air bass and air drumming while driving is very dangerous.

Especially when you try to imitate Peart by throwing the air drumstick up over your head.

Two weeks ago while stopped at a light, I was in the middle of air keyboarding to Tom Sawyer. As I began singing the 5th verse, "No his mind is not for rent", I looked at the guy stopped next to me doing the very same thing. We air fived each other and continued on our separate journeys. How cool was that?

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ Aug 30 2008, 07:27 AM)
Two weeks ago while stopped at a light, I was in the middle of air keyboarding to Tom Sawyer.  As I began singing the 5th verse, "No his mind is not for rent", I looked at the guy stopped next to me doing the very same thing.  We air fived each other and continued on our separate journeys.  How cool was that?

biggrin.gif You've got to love those rare instances where 2 strangers on the same wavelength cross paths if only for a moment. It's not something you experience a lot, but when it does happen, you always remember it.

I'l never forget being in a CD store once, going through the Frank Zappa albums. A guy came up and said "ah, Zappa!". I looked up to see a middle aged guy wearing a small silver party mask across his eyes - kind of like the Lone Ranger - and we chatted about Zappa for a few minutes. He asked me if I could recommend any music to him, so I told him to go buy Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica" before we parted ways.

It was kind of weird and surreal, but cool. I often wonder if he did go buy that Beefheart CD. laugh.gif

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Aug 29 2008, 02:24 PM)
I "air drum" harder when people watch me at a traffic light.

you're my hero! lol

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ Aug 30 2008, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (mfratt @ Aug 28 2008, 10:29 PM)

Damn you, Rush. I wonder if Geddy's insurance covers people air-bassing to his lines while driving  confused13.gif

I agree. Air guitar, air bass and air drumming while driving is very dangerous.

Especially when you try to imitate Peart by throwing the air drumstick up over your head.

Two weeks ago while stopped at a light, I was in the middle of air keyboarding to Tom Sawyer. As I began singing the 5th verse, "No his mind is not for rent", I looked at the guy stopped next to me doing the very same thing. We air fived each other and continued on our separate journeys. How cool was that?

oh I do the stick tosses too... I fling it into the air and stare up at my invisible stick until it returns back to my hand.... it's all good though cuz I got a sunroof! I almost catch it every time too!!

air fived each other <--- rofl3.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Aug 28 2008, 05:51 PM)

when I'm listening to RUSH in my vehicle, the entire dashboard/ steering wheel/ console become a huge drum kit and I try to keep up with Neil the best I can (unless of course I'm beside someone at a red light!). well today I was driving with someone and had on AFTK, well during Cygnus I instinctivly burst into an air drumming fury!! then I remembered I wasn't alone and awkwardly pulled back into the usual little finger tapping but it was too late anyway.... I was busted!! doh.gif

Bravo, I have a double yes.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif This is about all the drumming I get to do nowadays but it is so much fun and I NEVER miss a stick when I toss it up in the air. I got caught singing madly the other day blush4.gif but I love to do this while drumming as well.

Archived