The Lactose Intolerant Compassion Thread

Ya_Big_Tree

Are you like me, and cant enjoy a piece of cheese without becoming violently ill.

Well than I think you will agree that it is time for some compassion for this horrible condition.

Argh... feel free to vent or cry without fear of ridicule.

http://www.justcleanfun.com/blog/uploaded_images/NO-CHEESE-732922.jpg

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 22 2008, 10:08 PM)
Are you like me, and cant enjoy a piece of cheese without becoming violently ill.
Well than I think you will agree that it is time for some compassion for this horrible condition.

I would hate that. I can live without milk, yogurt, or even ice cream, but I loves me some cheese.

I have a friend like this. She's fine for a couple of hours after eating dairy, but when it strikes - she says she's always sure she's just eaten her last meal.

So. . .no chocolate for you either? sad.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 22 2008, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 22 2008, 10:08 PM)

I would hate that. I can live without milk, yogurt, or even ice cream, but I loves me some cheese.

I have a friend like this. She's fine for a couple of hours after eating dairy, but when it strikes - she says she's always sure she's just eaten her last meal.

So. . .no chocolate for you either? sad.gif

Well I do love chocolate. Actually chocolate doesnt do anything bad to me except make me gain a ton of weight, LOL

Ice cream and cheese though lemme tell ya.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 22 2008, 07:08 PM)

I think your picking on goober's thread unsure.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif tongue.gif

BTW.. I hate milk 062802puke_prv.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by troutman

QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 22 2008, 10:19 PM)

I think your picking on goober's thread unsure.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif tongue.gif

Not at all. All this talk about cheese and making me feel sick even talking about it made me realize we dont have a thread like this in existence and there should be one. So voila! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 22 2008, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 22 2008, 10:19 PM)

Not at all. All this talk about cheese and making me feel sick even talking about it made me realize we dont have a thread like this in existence and there should be one. So voila! biggrin.gif

Just buggin you also laugh.gif tongue.gif trink39.gif

Oh HELL no! I'd better be dam allergic to the sh*t for me to stop eating/drinking it all together eh.gif

Ach!!! I'm one of the unfortunates that is LACTOSE INTOLLERANT!!

And the sucky part is I love cheese and ice cream (but not milk so much), and if I should decide to indulge in either, forget about it!!

As a matter of fact, I had some yummy ice cream yesterday, and today did I ever pay the price!! The gas cramps are enough to make me wish I were dead...

God, I hate this, for it never used to be this way...

I used to think I was lactose intolerant because when I woul eat dairy (well, milk and cheese) I would get very stuffed up and/or have a runny nose. I thought it was related to an allergic reaction, but apparently being lactose intolerant has more to do with an inability to digest it properly. I didn't realize that!

For years I didn't have milk or cheese because the physical reactions would be so unpleasant when I did, but one day decided to try it again and I didn't have the same reactions anymore, so I continued. Mind you, I don't ever drink milk anymore, but I still do regularly indulge in cheese. Thank God too, because it was heartbreaking for me to give up cheese. I feel for people who can't eat it for whatever reason.

Then again, I still stay away completely from sugar as I've gotten terrible reactions from eating it. I don't really miss it though. It's hard to miss what you just can't have after years of getting used to not having it...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 22 2008, 11:51 PM)
Ach!!! I'm one of the unfortunates that is LACTOSE INTOLLERANT!!

And the sucky part is I love cheese and ice cream (but not milk so much), and if I should decide to indulge in either, forget about it!!

As a matter of fact, I had some yummy ice cream yesterday, and today did I ever pay the price!! The gas cramps are enough to make me wish I were dead...

God, I hate this, for it never used to be this way...

Its funny you should say that it never used o be this way. I remember when I was a kid and dairy products were fine on my stomach but one day when I was a teenager all of a sudden no more dairy products unless I wanted to not sleep that night. 062802puke_prv.gif Im wondering if around that time farmers or the dairy industry changed something about their dairy products.

I hardly ever drink milk. Only in foods that my mom makes for dinner and boy do I pay for it later.

Where's geddyfan13 to weigh in on this? tongue.gif tongue.gif

My husband can come in from mowing the lawn or whatever and go straight for the milk jug. I don't get it. Milk is not at all thirst-quenching. It just gives you thick spit.

I used to argue with the cafeteria ladies in high school all the time; we HAD to take the milk, even though all I ever did was toss it right in the garbage unopened (I brought soda from home, with the can wrapped in foil to keep it cold).

Soy milk isn't bad. I use it in protein shakes.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 23 2008, 07:12 PM)
Where's geddyfan13 to weigh in on this? tongue.gif tongue.gif
My husband can come in from mowing the lawn or whatever and go straight for the milk jug. I don't get it. Milk is not at all thirst-quenching. It just gives you thick spit.
I used to argue with the cafeteria ladies in high school all the time; we HAD to take the milk, even though all I ever did was toss it right in the garbage unopened (I brought soda from home, with the can wrapped in foil to keep it cold).
Soy milk isn't bad. I use it in protein shakes.

Ditto on soymilk. For years I had an almost constant low grade sinus infection. Dental hygienists would always point it out to my dentist, and he'd say it's nothing to worry about. I once asked him what can I do, and he said move from New Jersey (he was serious).

Anyway, a couple years ago, for no good reason whatsoever, I tried soy milk, vanilla flavored. I drink it or use it on my cereal all the time now, instead of milk, and the only time the congestion seems to come back is when I've been having a lot of ice cream or cheese. The soy subsitutes for those don't cut it for me.

Cappucino flavored soy milk is great as a treat, and there's also a hazelnut soy "creamer" for coffee that rocks.

Ick..... I can't stand milk unless I'm eating chocolate or cereal, and even them it's only a small amount. 062802puke_prv.gif

I really do feel bad for you guys because I couldn't live without cheese and ice cream and chocolate. no.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (eguy @ Aug 23 2008, 07:25 PM)
Where's geddyfan13 to weigh in on this?  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
My husband can come in from mowing the lawn or whatever and go straight for the milk jug.  I don't get it.  Milk is not at all thirst-quenching.  It just gives you thick spit.
Soy milk isn't bad.  I use it in protein shakes.

Ditto on soymilk. For years I had an almost constant low grade sinus infection. Dental hygienists would always point it out to my dentist, and he'd say it's nothing to worry about. I once asked him what can I do, and he said move from New Jersey (he was serious).

Anyway, a couple years ago, for no good reason whatsoever, I tried soy milk, vanilla flavored. I drink it or use it on my cereal all the time now, instead of milk, and the only time the congestion seems to come back is when I've been having a lot of ice cream or cheese. The soy subsitutes for those don't cut it for me.

Cappucino flavored soy milk is great as a treat, and there's also a hazelnut soy "creamer" for coffee that rocks.

Ya soy milk is great for you. Also if you are a woman it gives your boobs a bit of a boost because of the estrogen in soy. yes.gif

Ok, so, here's one for ya.

I can have cheese, ice cream, chocolate. But, the first moment I drink a glass of milk, I'm done for.

Why is that? If I put milk in anything, I am a hurting woman. It's only milk too.

Marathonist, I dig the thick spit comment. laugh.gif

Meh, dairy is over-rated anyway.

And personally I think cow's milk is for cows........well calves.

There are plenty of other ways to get your calcium.

Yaya I feel bad for you. sad.gif I'm so sorry you can't have the world's greatest food (cheese). I've never been lactose intolerant but I do know that if I became LI I would probably cry for weeks. I'm sorry again. sad.gif

wub.gif you even though you hate cheese

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 25 2008, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (eguy @ Aug 23 2008, 07:25 PM)
Where's geddyfan13 to weigh in on this?  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
My husband can come in from mowing the lawn or whatever and go straight for the milk jug.  I don't get it.  Milk is not at all thirst-quenching.  It just gives you thick spit.
Soy milk isn't bad.  I use it in protein shakes.

Ya soy milk is great for you. Also if you are a woman it gives your boobs a bit of a boost because of the estrogen in soy. yes.gif

I watch my intake. I don't plan to add a mansierre (aka "bro") to my wardrobe anytime soon. no.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 25 2008, 02:22 PM)
Yaya I feel bad for you. sad.gif I'm so sorry you can't have the world's greatest food (cheese). I've never been lactose intolerant but I do know that if I became LI I would probably cry for weeks. I'm sorry again. sad.gif

wub.gif you even though you hate cheese

Awww I wub.gif you too Tarky! biggrin.gif