Rush songs that would ROCK live..

Phantom

Over the last 3 tours, there are certain Rush songs that sound so much better live than I'd have thought.

It got me thinking, what other Rush songs would come off better live than expected.

Having just listened to it, I'll start w' this one:

The Body Electric. The last 60 seconds are Neil at his best. I'd LOVE to see it live.

I think any of the 80s keyboard stuff gets a kick in the pants because of how the bands sounds live now. Force Ten, Mission, Between the Wheels, Digital Man, and the others from that period really sound fresh on the recent live versions. At least there's a pretty good live version of The Body Electric on the 1984 Largo soundboard bootleg.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Aug 17 2008, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus-1001001 @ Aug 17 2008, 07:29 PM)
Imagine a beefed up emotion detector  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

It would be so frickin cool

goodpost.gif 1022.gif

Ah yes, the one song from PoW that they didn't perform live on that tour...

sure would be interesting to hear that one!

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 17 2008, 12:45 PM)
Double Agent... for sure

MitA had a snippet of a very annoyed Geddy saying "You might have noticed we're not playing" while the spoken portion of DA was playing. I assume this was from a soundcheck which means they must have played it live or something and now I'm just babbling.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Aug 17 2008, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Aug 17 2008, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus-1001001 @ Aug 17 2008, 07:29 PM)
Imagine a beefed up emotion detector  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

It would be so frickin cool

goodpost.gif 1022.gif

Ah yes, the one song from PoW that they didn't perform live on that tour...

sure would be interesting to hear that one!

I love, love, love Emotion Detector (see signature), but just don't think it would "go" live.

Really?

I'd have LOVED to see/hear that !

Get the pro-shot Auburn Hills Counterparts tour video. Double Agent from that show was on youtube but it's been taken down. The one thing I didn't like about the way they played it live is the riff that follows the lines - Some are phantoms, some are real/And the cross of holy fire/Is that which I believe, where the music goes up a half step on the record they raised it a full step on the live version every single time and it just went from a dark sound to a more major happy sound that really hurt the song. I have no idea why they did that but it really stood out.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Aug 17 2008, 03:17 PM)
Really?

Get the pro-shot Auburn Hills Counterparts tour video. Double Agent from that show was on youtube but it's been taken down. The one thing I didn't like about the way they played it live is the riff that follows the lines - Some are phantoms, some are real/And the cross of holy fire/Is that which I believe, where the music goes up a half step on the record they raised it a full step on the live version every single time and it just went from a dark sound to a more major happy sound that really hurt the song. I have no idea why they did that but it really stood out.

Where might I find that video?

Your best bet is to go to the Different Stages subforum and search or ask for it. I've still got the concert on VHS from a bootlegger I bought it from around 1995. I need to get the cleaned up version on dvd but I just haven't yet. If you're completely unfamilar with the show you can see a sample of it here to get an idea of the video/audio quality. This is Dreamline from that show:

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Lock and Key

Countdown

Kid Gloves

War Paint

Red Tide

Face Up

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

Cold Fire

Carve Away the Stone

Vapour Trail

We Hold On

Jacobs Ladder

The Camera Eye

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 17 2008, 04:30 PM)
Emotion Detector
Open Secrets
Lock and Key
Countdown
Kid Gloves
War Paint
Red Tide
Face Up
Neurotica
You Bet Your Life
Cold Fire
Carve Away the Stone
Vapour Trail
We Hold On
Jacobs Ladder
The Camera Eye

War Paint-

Kid Gloves-

Jacobs Ladder- ESL

Lock and Key-

Cold Fire-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOnX5Xhi4Y

and alot more you mentioned are up on youtube. Dont you just love it

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 17 2008, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Aug 17 2008, 03:17 PM)
Really?

I have that too. Love it...love it. If someone NEEDS it, what about trading? I wanted to get in on that, but I don't have very much in the way of material to trade.

they couldnt play it live now...but.....

lessons wouldve rocked live......has the coolest Geddy bass riff ever....

i just rediscoverd how good this song is while wipping out 2112 as i mowed the lawn yesterday!

If you havent listened to this gem in awhile.....GO DO SO!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived