Spoilers

Slime

to quote 2 the Ranting Gryphon, is death too nice for these people? tongue.gif

What about people who go out of their way to ruin the ending of movies or books for other people? I've seen a few YouTube videos where the important part of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was spoiled for dozens of people waiting in line at a book store. These guys literally had a megaphone and were shouting "******** KILLS *********" (I'm a lot kinder than they are). The same thing happened for book 7, due to the leaking of it on the internet. I remember taking very proactive steps that day, even if they were in retrospect rather silly tongue.gif . I got home from work and my book was there, but I also knew that I had to walk the dog. During my walk, I was actually listening to the world around me to make sure I didn't overhear anybody talking about the book, and I was ready to plug my ears if that happened.

Another question: What is the statute of limitations on spoilers for big name movies, books or shows? How many years? Can I reveal that Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader's relationship is slightly more significant than adversarial after 28 years? tongue.gif

Spoiling is so unnecessary and ignorant. The people who do it are worthless assholes who think its funny to ruin something for someone else. Why? Just because. How's that funny?

I'm a Potter fan. I've never been to an opening but I've heard plenty about these people.

I like you try and avoid spoilers before such big releases, such as movies/books/games..etc.

I usially try and stay away from internet sites that could contain such.

And I have to admit I did do the Midnight release for the last HP book, though I did not dress up (because that would make me a dork).

You also bring up another good point.

Jack can we speak freely of what Rosebud was?

Ugh, I actually SAW that YouTube vid with those assclowns, ruining the end of Half Blood Prince! Fortunately, I had already finished the book...

I'm a big HP fan too, and when the 7th book came out and I read it (in 4 days), I made it a point NOT to discuss it with anyone (unless it was in a SPOILERS thread online), cos I know it would really piss them off...

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 9 2008, 02:02 PM)
I like you try and avoid spoilers before such big releases, such as movies/books/games..etc.

And I have to admit I did do the Midnight release for the last HP book, though I did not dress up (because that would make me a dork).

You might be able too, but Charlton Heston's location during the first "Planet of the Apes" movie is probably still too hot a topic.

Don't even TOUCH the "Soylent Green" ingredient list.

A very awesome piece of clothing called "Spolit", a shirt that spoils lots of things

WARNING: THE SHIRT CONTAINS SPOILERS. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS (seriously)

http://www.threadless.com/product/844/Spoilt#zoom

WARNING: THE ABOVE SHIRT CONTAINS SPOILERS. SAME WARNING AS ABOVE, BUT WITH MORE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS.

Sorry I had to yell tongue.gif

Personally, I don't mind spoilers. My attitude is if the movie is well made it won't matter. I've read spoilers about The Dark Knight and my enjoyment and surprise watching it was not ruined one bit. I thought it was that good of a movie. But, I would never reveal spoilers myself. It's not right.

QUOTE (Slime @ Aug 9 2008, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 9 2008, 02:02 PM)

You might be able too, but Charlton Heston's location during the first "Planet of the Apes" movie is probably still too hot a topic.

Don't even TOUCH the "Soylent Green" ingredient list.

Just use your own discretion and bear in mind that there are people who have never seen these movies. When in doubt, put a spoiler warning in the topic heading. I myself have posted "Soylent green is peeeeepullll!" several times without giving it a second thought. I suppose thirty or so years is a long enough statute of limitations on movie spoilers.

I'm not too keen on spoilers.

For the past two years, I've more or less known who the main villain will be in Doctor Who, and this season especially it ruined it for me because all I wanted to see was the last two episodes and couldn't care less about the other episodes.Well, I could care less, but they felt like a stop gap for the big'un. That feeling is awful.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 10 2008, 07:00 AM)
. I suppose thirty or so years is a long enough statute of limitations on movie spoilers.

Yeah

Citizen Kane: Rosebud!

Peter Griffin: Is was his sled! There I just saved you three boobless hours!

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 11 2008, 08:00 PM)
It sux when the trailer for the movie spoils the freakin' movie...

Yes, I agree. That kind of defeats the purpose of suspense. laugh.gif