Office Space

Show Don't Tell

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 09:12 PM)
I love this movie too, especially the part where they're destroying the fax machine, at least I think it's a fax machine... laugh.gif

OMG ... I haven't seen that Ged pic before ... and that is saying something. I would love to see the unedited version cool.gif

Btw, I think it is a printer or copier ... either way, it is a great scene. Especially with the soundtrack ... lol.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:16 PM)
I love this movie too, especially the part where they're destroying the fax machine, at least I think it's a fax machine... laugh.gif

OMG ... I haven't seen that Ged pic before ... and that is saying something. I would love to see the unedited version cool.gif

Btw, I think it is a printer or copier ... either way, it is a great scene. Especially with the soundtrack ... lol.

And which Gedd pic is that? the avatar or the one on my sig??

And yes, the soundtrack is funny as hell in that scene!!

I also like the part where Jennifer Aniston shows off her "flair"!! z7shysterical.gif

"Samir Naga.... Naga.... n'ganna work here any more."

The answering machine messages- Yeah, hi it's Bill from the office- about 16 times. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Aug 6 2008, 05:57 AM)
The answering machine messages- Yeah, hi it's Bill from the office- about 16 times. rofl3.gif

"Yeahhh, hi, it's Bill again. Just wanted to let you know we started at nine. It's not like a half-day or anything..."

Michael Bolton: "PC Load Letter"? What the f*ck does that mean?

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time, man.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

The Bobs: Milton Waddams... You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot?

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Milton Waddams: I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Samir: [Drunk, singing] Back up in your ass with the resurrection.

Michael Bolton: [Ashamed of himself] I told those fudge-packers I liked Michael Bolton's music.

Michael Bolton: [singing along to Gangsta Rap on car stereo] I got my pistol point cocked, ring-a-ling shots non-stop, until I see your monkey ass drop, and let your homies know who done it... I got a killah up inside me, I can't talk to my mutha so I talk to my diary...

It's especially good if you work in an IT shop. I work with ALL of these people.

Best line IMO: "I believe you have my stapler."

I saw a sketch that was done well before Office Space that featured Milton's cubicle being moved to the basement. I don't remember if it was on SNL or SCTV, but it was well before the movie. Has anyone else seen it?

Milton was my favorite character.

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/milton/milton1.jpg

Edited by workingcinderellaman

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Aug 5 2008, 09:06 PM)
This movie made me piss my pants laughing!!!!! z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif spit6ph.gif

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=y5orss3fAEU

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4qjkgq19jhM

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

How about,

I notice you've been missing a lot of work lately.

Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it.

OR

Good luck with your firings. I hope your layoffs go well.

My sister and I are endlessly entertained by our bad Lumbergh impersonations...

"Um, yeah, I'm going to need you to...[fill in the blank]"

Pretty much anything can fit in there. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alien Girl @ Aug 6 2008, 10:39 AM)
My sister and I are endlessly entertained by our bad Lumbergh impersonations...

"Um, yeah, I'm going to need you to...[fill in the blank]"

Pretty much anything can fit in there. tongue.gif

That's not even the whole of it.

"Um, yeah, I'm going to need to ask you to go ahead and..."

tongue.gif

I love this movie. I worked in NYC for 16 years for various places and all the bs is the same at every company... yes.gif

His neighbor:

"Hey Peter, be careful of your cornhole"

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 6 2008, 07:53 PM)
Just watched it Saturday.  CeeJ fell asleep on ANOTHER classic movie that she just doesn't get why I love so much.  angry.gif 

Fortunately, my wife agrees with me about Office Space, Old School, Galaxy Quest, This is Spinal Tap, Murder By Death, and the Kevin Smith films.

What she fails to appreciate is "Airplane!" and the "Naked Gun" series. She just doesn't understand the big deal. Everybody here probably agrees that "Airplane!" is a classic, full of great quotable lines, but *whoosh* right past her.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Aug 6 2008, 06:25 PM)
*looks at actual TPS report on bulletin board*
*looks at Initech coffee mug*

Yeah, I like this movie way too much. I've always wanted to be Lumbergh for halloween, but awesome costumes keep happening, like the Burger King or Lloyd Dobbler.

I am going to be Lumbergh this Halloween.

How to make a Bill Lumbergh costume

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 5 2008, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:16 PM)

And which Gedd pic is that? the avatar or the one on my sig??

And yes, the soundtrack is funny as hell in that scene!!

I also like the part where Jennifer Aniston shows off her "flair"!! z7shysterical.gif

The one in your sig where he appears to be on a beach or poolside. tongue.gif

edited to add: That would great. smile.gif

Edited by ES-335