Canadian woman gives birth to 18th child

MULTIPLIED REACTION

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 02:03 PM)
Close your legs, this world is overpopulated. I don't support that 18 kid sh*t eyesre4.gif

Come on, this happened in freaking CANADA. Our population density is, what? 3 people per square kilometer? laugh.gif We've got room.

That said, as the oldest child in a family of 7 kids, this freaks me the f*ck out.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 31 2008, 05:16 PM)
Close your legs, this world is overpopulated. I don't support that 18 kid sh*t  eyesre4.gif

Come on, this happened in freaking CANADA. Our population density is, what? 3 people per square kilometer? laugh.gif We've got room.

That said, as the oldest child in a family of 7 kids, this freaks me the f*ck out.

So what are you sayin? Fill up every inch of land with people? I mean I do understand that people like to have sex but c'mon, oh wait.... the government gives money for kids. Yea that happens here too. I'll have another kid and up my check. Where do they think the money comes from in any country for this? Out of the wallets of people that bust their ass for a living. popcorn.gif Wait wait wait, let us bring religion into this!

music.gif Every sperm is sacred

every sperm is great

if a sperm is wasted

God gets quite irate music.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 03:24 PM)
Close your legs, this world is overpopulated. I don't support that 18 kid sh*t  eyesre4.gif

So what are you sayin? Fill up every inch of land with people? I mean I do understand that people like to have sex but c'mon, oh wait.... the government gives money for kids. Yea that happens here too. I'll have another kid and up my check. Where do they think the money comes from in any country for this? Out of the wallets of people that bust their ass for a living. popcorn.gif Wait wait wait, let us bring religion into this!

every sperm is great

if a sperm is wasted

rofl3.gif

Hey, it's not like people can make a living off of child benefits...I don't know about the US system, but here they only provide a bit of money towards the financial cost of raising a child. They don't even cover the whole cost, so having more kids to collect child benefits would be completely counterproductive.

If they're having lots of kids, it's because either they're Catholic (no joke there) or they come from somewhere where there are real economic benefits to having more kids.

And with the overpopulation thing; not only do we have LOADS of room for more people here, but it's important to remember that global (and especially Western) birthrates are falling dramatically. The planet can handle the occasional family having 18 kids, especially when most families are only having 1 or 2 kids now (i.e. below replacement levels).

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 31 2008, 06:07 PM)

every sperm is great

if a sperm is wasted

rofl3.gif

Hey, it's not like people can make a living off of child benefits...I don't know about the US system, but here they only provide a bit of money towards the financial cost of raising a child. They don't even cover the whole cost, so having more kids to collect child benefits would be completely counterproductive.

If they're having lots of kids, it's because either they're Catholic (no joke there) or they come from somewhere where there are real economic benefits to having more kids.

And with the overpopulation thing; not only do we have LOADS of room for more people here, but it's important to remember that global (and especially Western) birthrates are falling dramatically. The planet can handle the occasional family having 18 kids, especially when most families are only having 1 or 2 kids now (i.e. below replacement levels).

Actually yes, in the US there are lazy, selfish people who don't care and collect checks from the State. Not just checks but food stamps and medical - All for free. Most of the time they live horribly and some even sell drugs or work under the table to make extra money and avoid paying taxes. Their benefits get a boost up everytime they have another kid. The people who work for a living are paying for it too.

Very unfortunate.

I know the whole Catholic deal and I was joking by throwing in the Python song from The Meaning of Life smile.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 06:34 PM)

Actually yes, in the US there are lazy, selfish people who don't care and collect checks from the State. Not just checks but food stamps and medical - All for free. Most of the time they live horribly and  some even sell drugs or work under the table to make extra money and avoid paying taxes. Their benefits get a boost up everytime they have another kid. The people who work for a living are paying for it too.
Very unfortunate.
I know the whole Catholic deal and I was joking by throwing in the Python song from The Meaning of Life  smile.gif

While some of your statement is true, there are also many more who need the assistance, legitimately. Just sayin ... smile.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 31 2008, 06:11 PM)
Do they have their own zip code.

laugh.gif ... I would bet that there are some rural zips with less people.

you know ... they could affect the economy if they moved. If I managed a local grocery store, I would sponsor them. LOL.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jul 31 2008, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 06:34 PM)

Actually yes, in the US there are lazy, selfish people who don't care and collect checks from the State. Not just checks but food stamps and medical - All for free. Most of the time they live horribly and  some even sell drugs or work under the table to make extra money and avoid paying taxes. Their benefits get a boost up everytime they have another kid. The people who work for a living are paying for it too.
Very unfortunate.
I know the whole Catholic deal and I was joking by throwing in the Python song from The Meaning of Life  smile.gif

While some of your statement is true, there are also many more who need the assistance, legitimately. Just sayin ... smile.gif

and that is what the assistance is there for. For people who end up NEEDING it. But I have witnessed so many people in my life brag about screwing over the system. There s a such thing as lazy bastards who want a free ride and don't want to work. I have no pity for them, only their kids. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 31 2008, 06:07 PM)

every sperm is great

if a sperm is wasted

rofl3.gif

Actually yes, in the US there are lazy, selfish people who don't care and collect checks from the State. Not just checks but food stamps and medical - All for free. Most of the time they live horribly and some even sell drugs or work under the table to make extra money and avoid paying taxes. Their benefits get a boost up everytime they have another kid. The people who work for a living are paying for it too.

Very unfortunate.

I know the whole Catholic deal and I was joking by throwing in the Python song from The Meaning of Life smile.gif

What does that have to do with large families? Yeah, their benefits go up, but their costs go up way more. I just really don't see what welfare abuse has to do with family size.

Folks have made EXCELLENT points in this thread!!!

And I just knew that Lady April would bring up music.gif Every sperm is sacred . . . music.gif ! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'd like to add an additional thought. While it is true that raising a brood such as this would be financially and materially impossible in today's economy for most - - IMO there is more danger in the emotional neglect of each individual child.

Without the support of a tribe or communal setting, such as in other cultures, I don't see how it would be possible to give each child the supportive attention necessary for their individual development.

How can each child creatively find their gifts and passions?!? How can anyone in that household find their own quiet-time and "space"?!?

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 1 2008, 08:23 AM)

And I just knew that Lady April would bring up  music.gif Every sperm is sacred . . . music.gifnew_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'd like to add an additional thought.  While it is true that raising a brood such as this would be financially and materially impossible in today's economy for most - - IMO there is more danger in the emotional neglect of each individual child.

Without the support of a tribe or communal setting, such as in other cultures, I don't see how it would be possible to give each child the supportive attention necessary for their individual development.

How can each child creatively find their gifts and passions?!?  How can anyone in that household find their own quiet-time and "space"?!?

Hare  biggrin.gif

This is what it is more about! The well being of these children getting what they need. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We don't have the it takes a village to raise a child mentality any more. The village would rather bash you for every choice you make and point out what a bad parent you are!

QUOTE (moltenlava @ Aug 1 2008, 06:58 AM)
18 kids?  I bet you can hear the wind just howl down that particular corridor.

Stewie: "So, is there any tread left, or at this point would it be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" tongue.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 1 2008, 09:08 AM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 1 2008, 08:23 AM)

And I just knew that Lady April would bring up  music.gif Every sperm is sacred . . . music.gifnew_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'd like to add an additional thought.  While it is true that raising a brood such as this would be financially and materially impossible in today's economy for most - - IMO there is more danger in the emotional neglect of each individual child.

How can each child creatively find their gifts and passions?!?  How can anyone in that household find their own quiet-time and "space"?!?

Hare  biggrin.gif

This is what it is more about! The well being of these children getting what they need. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We don't have the it takes a village to raise a child mentality any more. The village would rather bash you for every choice you make and point out what a bad parent you are!

Went to bed last night and was catching up on the thread this morning intending to post what Hare said. If you can afford it then groovy. But even if you can afford it financially, there will be a lot of competition and behavioral issues between the kids. I also have a very large family. I am one of eight kids spread out over a few women - my Dad yes. He is one of six siblings and my Mom is one of six as well. My step Mom is even one of six. Every single one of them have suffered neglect one way or the other because of emotionally drawn out parents who are burnt and exhausted.

People that go over the top by having 18 kids make me wonder what right I have bringing one child into this world.

Archived