'24' - The Official Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the rest of the first 2 hours, and will have to catch up on Monday's episode on the computer later.

But. . .but. . .Percy Wetmore from The Green Mile is one of the bad guys!!!!!

Way way better than last year...this one has some measure of excitement and/or drama at just about every turn...that asshole that has Julie/Dana in his powergrip has got to DIEINNAFIRE abusive sonofabitch...and yeah Renee'? she's lookin for a way out, too bad Jack's been there done that and probably gonna be the one to keep her ass around.

Thank you for not rehashing the plot with dialogue every other scene change guys!!!

Why does Freddie prinze Jr have to have a "huh whahoppen" reaction every other frame like Joey from Friends?

What do you guys think so far? I thought last night's episode was pretty good. I'm certainly not bored of the show. Who thought Renee could turn out to be such a psycho, huh?

I'll keep watching...

I've blown it off. I've already lost 5 hours of my life to the first three episodes. No more.

waaaay better than last 24 for sure. Little ebb here, but hey got rid of Almeida (Carlos bernard) and added Ortiz (Freddie Prinze jr) Definite upgrade...we could do without the dana/julie crap though. On the 24 Forum? They can't stand her either and would like to see her "off'd" (sorry had to channel a term from my jersey childhood and NO! NOT Jersey Shore either, a travesty of life in The Garden State)

I guess part of the reason I watch it, is because nothing else piques my interest on Monday nights. We watch House then 24.

Bob, I hear ya about the "Jersey Shore" thing. It's definitely not a good representation of the population of NJ. However ugly the show makes NJ look, the fact of the matter that these types of people do live in NJ. In my town in Central Jersey, many people have moved down from Staten Island and Brooklyn.

I recently witnessed a near altercation between two guys who were fighting over a parking spot. They were both shouting in "Brooklyn-ese". I could swear that I was standing in a parking lot in Bed-Stuy laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Feb 3 2010, 12:54 PM)
I guess part of the reason I watch it, is because nothing else piques my interest on Monday nights. We watch House then 24.

Bob, I hear ya about the "Jersey Shore" thing. It's definitely not a good representation of the population of NJ. However ugly the show makes NJ look, the fact of the matter that these types of people do live in NJ. In my town in Central Jersey, many people have moved down from Staten Island and Brooklyn. 

I recently witnessed a near altercation between two guys who were fighting over a parking spot. They were both shouting in "Brooklyn-ese". I could swear that I was standing in a parking lot in Bed-Stuy  laugh.gif

oh my god....are you kidding me?

sounds like my old neighborhood. they were the nicest people, but always let you know without a doubt they were from Brooklyn, and I lived in a town in central jersey that began with East...just off the turnpike and a lil south of a lil school that starts with a big red R!

I can't believe how it changed so much since I left about 13 years ago. Property value more than doubled, it just sold and I wasn't sad about being left out of it. They took a nice little Cape Cod with a 60 X 100 lot, made a deck out the back that takes up the whole damn backyard, the screened in porch where me and Mrs BeOhBe version 1 would cool10.gif , and BBQ ribs n steak? Closed in with a stupid small useless window...and ok redone siding and well...blech! If I could, I'd undo it all but I couldn't replant the overgrown trees we'd hang laundry out to dry on!

ok it's official

24 has come to a screeching halt dramatically and actionwise

My wife and I have come to viewing 24 through the eyes of Crow, Tom servo and Mike and/or Joel. Mystery Science Theater 24000! Used to be for her? A date with Jack now it's no more than us shooting sarcastic witty funny comments at the 24 crew or we fill in BETTER dialogue while we rewind n hit play

Sad but true.....

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 12 2010, 12:43 AM)
ok it's official

24 has come to a screeching halt dramatically and actionwise

My wife and I have come to viewing 24 through the eyes of Crow, Tom servo and Mike and/or Joel. Mystery Science Theater 24000! Used to be for her? A date with Jack now it's no more than us shooting sarcastic witty funny comments at the 24 crew or we fill in BETTER dialogue while we rewind n hit play

Sad but true.....

I agree! I can't believe how boring and silly this season has become. It is not the same show it was a few years ago. I still watch it but the story lines are just getting more and more ridiculous...and why is there always one CTU ass clown who has some major life problem to totally take the focus away from the rest of the team and what is really going on??

I'm just dizzy with excitement because Jack got away with assaulting a federal official and obstruction of justice NO WAIT they brought him back in to find the foot locker fulla new q lur rodz YAY! we got ridda the rednex that kept messin with poor Dana Jolie. Will Ortiz and Dana Jolie adopt orphans too?

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 26 2010, 01:46 AM)
I'm just dizzy with excitement because Jack got away with assaulting a federal official and obstruction of justice NO WAIT they brought him back in to find the foot locker fulla new q lur rodz YAY! we got ridda the rednex that kept messin with poor Dana Jolie. Will Ortiz and Dana Jolie adopt orphans too?

They're both going to hell!

It's obvious that this season isn't as exciting as previous seasons, I'm still liking it and still watching. It's still the best thing on TV on Monday nights IMO.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 8 2010, 10:55 AM)
I'm giving it another week...let's see how tonight is.

wow thanks you reminded me it's monday! NOW we can see if the reprogrammed DVR's gonna work. I had to OFF recording The newlywed Game on Game Show Network on Monday nights, and keep Two and a Half Men. DVR's can only record TWO SHOWS AT ONCE THANKS TIME WARNER now I miss my fave hottie game show hostess Carnie Wilson on Monday nights asking how much whoopie will your hubby say you had on your wedding night...which BTW BOTH were more action packed than 24 lately

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Well, it's official:

24's Number One Fan, Me, has let officially torn up my fan club membership card. Not only that, I put the pieces in my dog's bowl, and fed it to him so it can rest outside tomorrow where it officially belongs, mixed in with a big pile of shit.

This season is so disappointing, I am dragging myself downstairs each Monday night now instead of running to the TV.

We used to host 24 viewing party nights back in seasons 2,3,4 and 5. Always for the 2 hour premieres and finales. Uh, not this year. Not by a long shot.

Does anyone know if the writers have changed over the last two seasons? It all started last year with the whole Jack catching a bioweapon, that unexplainable got cured by a miracle treatment.....all of which was complete and utter nonsense.

This year the whole storyline is boring as hell, and the side storylines are laughable and annoying.

Sad really.

sad.gif

Looks like I made a good call to take it off the DVR schedule after week 3. Is it really that bad?

Hate to say it, but it looks like Jack may be on his last legs. I haven't looked - how are the ratings?

I'm afraid I have to agree. Last night was the most boring episode of any episode from any season I can remember. Used to be, that hour would FLY by in what seemed like 10 minutes. Last night, I actually fell asleep briefly.

Something hit me in the head after this week's ep and no, it wasn't a left hook from JB.

The cast n crew were called into a subcommittee session of Congress a couple years ago during the 2nd Bush term, and they had to "testfy" so to speak about their methods of obtaining info and such...they had to remind these idiots WE'RE A TV SHOW IT'S AN ACTION/DRAMA FOOLS!!

So maybe thats why they took it down a couple clicks?

this week's ep wasn't too awful tho

Not too bad, like how they take out CTU AGAIN!!! duh maybe this is turning into Star Trek, every effing movie someone blows up the friggin ENTERPRISE!

but it did keep one's interest throughout

FOR A CHANGE!

For a CHANGE is right...

Also, I just love how all these terrorist cab drivers are so "one shot" deadly with a pistol on cops who are wearing kevlar jackets.

It's just getting so damn unbelievable.