Article About R30 Frankfurt Dvd

BB&B

I missed the first thread but caught this one. Thanks to both of you for posting. This is AWESOME!!! I hope to see an official announcement soon with a release date.

653.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Feb 11 2005, 12:02 PM)
They should fix that audio sync problem and release the TFE DVD as well. Certainly it can't be that much work. I've seen people manually sync up Rush DVDs and it comes out quite well....and that's on non-professional equipment.

What TFE DVD?

Did I miss something?

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 11 2005, 03:25 PM)
What TFE DVD?
Did I miss something?

They were going to release a DVD from the TFE tour. It's the source that the Closer to the Heart (live) video was taken from - the new parts, at least. It's also the same show that you'll see in the YYZed VCD - in fact, in that video, you can see the cameras recording it. It was scheduled for release sometime around the release of Different Stages, but there was some sort of audio sync problem and they said it was going to cost something like $10,000 to fix, so they scrapped the idea.

If you ask me, if they were pleased with the sales of Rush in Rio and if this new one sells well, they should reconsider their decision to scrap this project. They should also tranfer the Show of Hands, Grace Under Pressure, and Exit...Stage Left videos to DVD and remix the audio to 5.1 channel....but do a better job than they did with Rush in Rio.

I would really be interested in finding out what kind of Easter Eggs there are going to be with this DVD. The show by itself is enough to want to buy the thing, but I would really like to see if there is gonna be a documentary added like RiR or what other kinds of extras there will be.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Feb 11 2005, 06:38 PM)
they said it was going to cost something like $10,000 to fix, so they scrapped the idea.

Multiply that number by at least twenty, and your post will be more accurate.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Feb 11 2005, 08:31 PM)
Multiply that number by at least twenty, and your post will be more accurate.

Sorry. I wasn't there. I was going strictly by 7 year old memory.

Admittedly, I'm not in the audio/video biz, but why does it cost so much to seperate the 2 and rematch them? People around these parts do it by hand for free. Granted, it's not professional quality, but given the audio and video sources, you'd figure it wouldn't be that hard/expensive.

Archived