Rush fan still missing

GeddyRulz

QUOTE (mystic @ Jul 10 2008, 03:57 PM)
sad.gif Sad indeed!!!  God bless her and her desperate family!!  We will keep her in our prayers! yes.gif

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!  Miracles can happen!!! 

Just last year in St. Louis the police recovered Shawn Hornbeck who had been missing for more than 4 years!!!  And even though he had been kidnapped, they later learned that he was able to go out alone and had seen news coverage about his parents searching for him but he was too scarred to call for help.  Miracles happen every day!!

goodpost.gif

Hopefully the flyers and awareness helps break the case. So heartbreaking for her family and friends sad.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumper.gif

Can't let this slip to the second page. smile.gif

bumper.gif

10 years and no contact with anyone. including her family...

you see all the crime stories on the news and cable shows all the time...

10 years......... yeah thats too long.

my heart goes out to the family...

you gotta be very careful these days....

more people in the world means more predators...

bumper.gif

bumper.gif

I didn't know the girl, but I knew her family.

All their lives were shattered in a nightmare of brutality.

(They) tried to carry on; tried to bear the agony -

Tried to hold some faith in the goodness of humanity.

When I heard that she was gone, I felt a shadow cross my heart.

She's nobody's hero...

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Aug 5 2008, 01:49 PM)
As a parent I can't imagine the pain of not knowing what had happened to my child. That would be really tough.

That has got to be the absolute worst thing in the entire universe.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 5 2008, 03:51 PM)
As a parent I can't imagine the pain of not knowing what had happened to my child.  That would be really tough.

It can't possibly be worse than having your child (my sister) commit suicide.

*Edited to add -

I am sorry. I don't mean to seem dismissive or insensitive. I'm a little thin-skinned at the moment, and made this post in haste.

Edited by Marathonist

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 5 2008, 05:04 PM)
As a parent I can't imagine the pain of not knowing what had happened to my child.  That would be really tough.

*Edited to add -

I am sorry. I don't mean to seem dismissive or insensitive. I'm a little thin-skinned at the moment, and made this post in haste.

Understood.

I see that there is still no breakthrough in this and that is very sad sad.gif rose.gif

Gawd, this is so sad and heart breaking. My daughter is 15 and means everything to me. In a few years she'll be off to college and I'll always have the fear of something like this happening to her in the back of my head. No parent can ever shake it, you just learn to live with it.

I'm not a prayin' man, but my constant "prayer" (hope.... whatever) is that I never have to bury my children. I hope that Suzanne's family indeed gets closure on this someday. What a sad, sad tragedy.....my thoughts are definitely with them.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 5 2008, 07:04 PM)

*Edited to add -

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Aug 6 2008, 01:18 PM)
No offense, but she is probably dead.

Thank you, Professor Obvious. We've covered that. It's tasteless to keep bringing that up.

She, along with you and all of your family will be in my thoughts & prayers! I can only hope and pray for the best!

A couple of suggestions, try contacting the boys mangement company SRO for some help. It could never hurt. Also, post it to other Rush sites, such as rushisaband.com, etc.

QUOTE (1974FAN @ Aug 9 2008, 09:24 AM)
She, along with you and all of your family will be in my thoughts & prayers!  I can only hope and pray for the best! 

A couple of suggestions, try contacting the boys mangement company SRO for some help.  It could never hurt.  Also, post it to other Rush sites, such as rushisaband.com, etc.

Thank you, but it's not MY family; I'm not related to Suzanne Lyall.

I've also thought of contacting the band c/o their Anthem offices on Carlton Street in Toronto. (I know the band members go there; more than you probably think.) I believe I suggested this to the family, and even gave them Anthem's address, saying that perhaps Rush could apply some of their celebrity influence to the matter. I don't know if the family followed my suggestion and pursued this line of inquiry.

Don't know if you read all of my posts, but I also spoke to Mrs. Lyall for forty minutes, and I gave her the URLs to all the heavily-trafficked Rush bulletin boards from the past ten years, whether defunct or still going. I also told her where she might find Rudy Terrez (Rudolfo Guitterez, Dallas area), so that they might ask him if Suzy ever posted on Tri-Net, MFH, or the "official" RushNet board - he ran all three. I think it's a decent lead: Suzy was a big Rush fan and loved computers, so she probably joined a Rush BB at some point. I thought Rudy, and/or Ken and Julie at CP, could pour through their archives and maybe find posts made by Suzy. Again, I don't know if the family pursued this possible lead I gave them.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 9 2008, 12:43 PM)
She, along with you and all of your family will be in my thoughts & prayers!  I can only hope and pray for the best! 

A couple of suggestions, try contacting the boys mangement company SRO for some help.  It could never hurt.  Also, post it to other Rush sites, such as rushisaband.com, etc.

I've also thought of contacting the band c/o their Anthem offices on Carlton Street in Toronto. (I know the band members go there; more than you probably think.) I believe I suggested this to the family, and even gave them Anthem's address, saying that perhaps Rush could apply some of their celebrity influence to the matter. I don't know if the family followed my suggestion and pursued this line of inquiry.

Don't know if you read all of my posts, but I also spoke to Mrs. Lyall for forty minutes, and I gave her the URLs to all the heavily-trafficked Rush bulletin boards from the past ten years, whether defunct or still going. I also told her where she might find Rudy Terrez (Rudolfo Guitterez, Dallas area), so that they might ask him if Suzy ever posted on Tri-Net, MFH, or the "official" RushNet board - he ran all three. I think it's a decent lead: Suzy was a big Rush fan and loved computers, so she probably joined a Rush BB at some point. I thought Rudy, and/or Ken and Julie at CP, could pour through their archives and maybe find posts made by Suzy. Again, I don't know if the family pursued this possible lead I gave them.

you were hoping to help someone by directing them to RUDY?

QUOTE (thirtytwolettercharacterusername @ Feb 13 2009, 03:58 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 9 2008, 12:43 PM)

you were hoping to help someone by directing them to RUDY?

Feelings about Rudy aside, he might be in a position to help the Lyall family, and have the heart to do so if he were asked.

Whether he unfairly banned you from Tri-Net eight years ago or he blamed your innocent friends at CP for things they didn't do, please don't use this thread to gripe about him. It's not the place.

Edited by GeddyRulz