What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

We went out to our favorite neighborhood haunt tonight. Last night, they had had a vintage port tasting event. They had leftovers. After finishing dinner, I got the 1955 Dow's and my wife got the 1977 Fonseca's. Incredible stuff, I must say. They were very similar, though the '55 was a bit smoother.

By the way, they even had an 1853 King Pedro's available, but they wanted $30 for only one ounce.

Edited by anagramking

Two buck Chuck (Merlot)

Sauza (Conmemarativo)

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I'm on a two day detox body cleanse, so I have very little food in me.. The booze is working great... wink.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Mar 14 2007, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2007, 10:26 PM)
Sam Adams Honey Porter. Haven't had this in years, and it's still pretty good!  trink38.gif

cat.gif

Speaking of you tongue.gif , did you ever try that bottle of Arrogant Bastard? If you did, can I assume you made that "EWWWWWW it's too strong for my Miller Lite/panzie beer-loving palate" face?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2007, 11:13 PM)
Sam Adams Honey Porter. Haven't had this in years, and it's still pretty good!  trink38.gif

cat.gif

Speaking of you tongue.gif , did you ever try that bottle of Arrogant Bastard? If you did, can I assume you made that "EWWWWWW it's too strong for my Miller Lite/panzie beer-loving palate" face?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Haven't tried it yet. But I actually have now been Miller Lite free for 3 months now - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has been the stock in my fridge lately. The Arrogant Bastard is still in the fridge. I will try it this weekend, I promise trink38.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Mar 14 2007, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2007, 11:13 PM)

cat.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Haven't tried it yet. But I actually have now been Miller Lite free for 3 months now - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has been the stock in my fridge lately. The Arrogant Bastard is still in the fridge. I will try it this weekend, I promise trink38.gif

SN Pale Ale? Definitely a step in the right direction! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Guest NoDeity
Just trying a taste of a very sweet-tasting ginger-flavoured wine: Stone's Original Green Ginger. It's not the sort of thing I usually go for but it does have a certain appeal -- in small quantities.