RED ROCKS SHOW CANCELLED

nobodys hero

And now it is on the Website.

I am wondering what the date will be and would like to check into my remaining vacation time in order to plan whether I should work tomorrow or not.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 5 2008, 10:10 AM)
That sucks! My apologies to all who got jones'd!
What was the reason?

The weather I believe. I dont know if they are worried about the wind/lightning or if they have technical difficulties.

There is a LOT of water coming down right now, all over the state.

I may make the trip to Denver anyways and watch ASOH and R30 on VHS/DVD with my friend and get drunk!

I feel bad for the peeps that flew in and those still in flight.

Depending on which story you believe it was either a problem with the trucks in the heavy rain we had last night or there is a lot of lightning up there and there is a safery concern

In any case according to RR the trucks are gone, packages went with the band and there will be an announcement soon of a rescheduled date. Hold on to your tix, they will be honored.

QUOTE (Red Porschetta @ Jun 5 2008, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 5 2008, 10:10 AM)
That sucks! My apologies to all who got jones'd!
What was the reason?

The weather I believe. I dont know if they are worried about the wind/lightning or if they have technical difficulties.

Well, it's better than driving across Florida to Hollywood to see Robert Plant in 1985 and having to turn around after driving on the turnpike 2.5 hours one way. They didn't cancel the show til it was almost door opening time!

Yeah, I think the boys are okay, the weather here is just bad, but it is nothing compared to Rio, at least not right now. Tonight could be different. Maybe they were planning to film the show (I can dream, right?)

Hold on to your tickets, we will see them soon! 1022.gif

These things happen. Hang in there gang....you'll be alright.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 5 2008, 11:42 AM)
That sucks, especially for people who are flying in. sad.gif I'm glad that they just cancelled because of the weather, though-- when I saw the thread title I thought, "I hope none of the guys are sick or anything."

Me too. Still how awful for those who were planning to attend. hug2.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 5 2008, 11:42 AM)
That sucks, especially for people who are flying in. sad.gif I'm glad that they just cancelled because of the weather, though-- when I saw the thread title I thought, "I hope none of the guys are sick or anything."

That was my thought too at first, so I was slightly grateful to find out that wasn't the case.

I'm sure they'll reschedule. . .still, I'm sorry for those whose plans were thrown awry. Ma Nature is a biatch.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 5 2008, 12:40 PM)
i thought these shows were RAIN OR SHINE?!?!?!

wtf.gif

I think it came down to lightning or possibly even snow.

Now, apparently, the weather has lifted a bit and the sun is shining down there.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 5 2008, 02:40 PM)
i thought these shows were RAIN OR SHINE?!?!?!

wtf.gif

RR seems to be ALL in the wide open, seats and stage. Other ampitheaters have a roof covering, where shows go on rain or shine (unless in dire circumstances I suppose).

This really sucks. I was so ready for Rush tonight. I am in Denver on business. I went out and bought a rain coat this morning only to hear the show is postponed something like 20 minutes later. I will at least get to return the jacket.

I was scheduled to come back to Denver the week of the 23rd. If the show is going to be on the 22nd, I can somehow manipulate my trip with my job so I can at least see them.

my wife and I saw em on the '07 leg of the tour in Blossom Music Center(08.30.07), and yes it was rain or shine. Blossom's mostly outdoor, with a covering over the ampitheater as you guys mentioned already. The jumbotrons stage left and right were suspended from the ceiling, and without support from below. There was maybe five minutes of drizzle, the preshow tuneage thanks to DJ Booujze was on. Any huge gust of wind could have brought them down, which has to be one of the reasons for the show being postponed. If the trucks can't get there due to the weather, well, that' s something else.

My word of advice? Whatever you can do to get to the rescheduled show?

DO IT!!!!

you will not be disappointed I guaran-damn-tee you that!

Archived