Two New Bond Bits

Jack Aubrey

Rotten Tomatoes reports:

'Bond series shaken and stirred'

RT-News writes: "The next James Bond film may not be for a while, according to Dark Horizons. MGM and Barbara Broccoli, the daughter of the series' longtime producer, disagree over the direction of the series. Broccoli wants the series to become more character- and dialogue-driven, as does the latest actor to play 007, Pierce Brosnan. However, MGM likes the stunts and action of the recent films.

No director has been slated for the next film, and Brosnan may or may not return for the role, so the next film will probably not be out until late 2006."

'Odds on next Bond'

RT-News writes: "Odds are looking good that Dougray Scott will be the next James bond, Dark Horizons reports. A large number of wagers have been placed to Bookmaker William Hill on Scott, best known for his work in "Mission:Impossible II." A Hill spokesman indicated that such bets may be the result of inside information. Odds for Scott are set at 6-9; Clive Owen is at 5-2, and Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor are next at 4-1 odds."

(Jack here): You may or may not know this, but Scott was almost cast as Wolverine. Unfortunately (or fortunately, 'cause Jackman just rocks!) he hurt himself pretty badly while filming 'Mission: Impossible 2' and was under Doctor's orders to take some recovery time when it was time to start filming 'X Men'.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Feb 2 2005, 11:35 AM)
I say any choice other than Clive Owen is a bad choice. But that's just me. smile.gif

My wife agrees with you.

The Bond films have stuck to the same tired formula for way too long now. They keep bringing in these two-bit directors who will cower to the producer's or studio's wishes instead of bringing in a more visionary filmmaker who could inject some much needed originality to the films. They could make this series into a director's showcase (like what Mission: Impossible did with DePalma and Woo) and take Bond in a new, more exciting direction.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2005, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Feb 2 2005, 02:43 PM)
Excellent idea, 1-0-0-1!

Shit, I'll direct it....I made two student films in college! Tell Chas to sharpen his acting chops, NPG...

NPG, you can borrow my Solar Federalist Bond Girl Badge...007. Tee hee biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2005, 07:49 PM)
Excellent idea, 1-0-0-1!

Shit, I'll direct it....I made two student films in college! Tell Chas to sharpen his acting chops, NPG...

Artymac,........ Chas Artymac.

Well, if I don't get the role then Clive Owen's my choice too. Dougray is good but Clive fits the character better.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 2 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2005, 01:49 PM)
Excellent idea, 1-0-0-1!

NPG, you can borrow my Solar Federalist Bond Girl Badge...007. Tee hee biggrin.gif

Neil Peart Gal... Federalist... Solar Federalist. 007!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Feb 2 2005, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2005, 07:49 PM)
Excellent idea, 1-0-0-1!

Artymac,........ Chas Artymac.

Well, if I don't get the role then Clive Owen's my choice too. Dougray is good but Clive fits the character better.

Watch out for Miss Moneypenny. wink.gif