Insomnia, best ways to fall asleep

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (yes.2 @ May 21 2008, 03:28 PM)
Nothing. And I do mean nothing~not drugs or work or whatever works for me like popping in a classic startrek episode and relaxing on the couch.

Dr Who is an even stronger sleep aid.

I wish they still showed the honeymooners at midnight. That would do it for me.

I dunno, I can't really help you because I rarely have trouble falling asleep. However, I'll tell you that recovering from strenuous exercise always puts me right out. wink.gif laugh.gif

So yeah maybe exercising more? confused13.gif Don't listen to me.....

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 20 2008, 10:18 PM)
No caffeine after mid-day.

cutting my coffee back to none after 1pm was very difficult cause I love the blasted crap but it does work! listen to Jack new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ May 21 2008, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 20 2008, 10:18 PM)
No caffeine after mid-day.

cutting my coffee back to none after 1pm was very difficult cause I love the blasted crap but it does work! listen to Jack new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif

And yes, cutting back was TOUGH! I had a headache that lasted for three days!

I think I'm immune to the caffeine keeping me awake. Although I only drink coffee in the morning, but I do drink some soda during the day and evening. I still manage to fall asleep.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 21 2008, 09:34 PM)
I think I'm immune to the caffeine keeping me awake. Although I only drink coffee in the morning, but I do drink some soda during the day and evening. I still manage to fall asleep.

Caffeine, to me, is like plasma. It is a food group as far as I'm concerned. I only notice it when I haven't had enough.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 20 2008, 09:26 PM)
Was going to suggest Temazepam, but you've said you already have sleeping pills. . .

I take these on occasion - like once every 2 or 3 months - when I'm too amped to fall asleep. I like this particular one because you don't have the foggy, fuzzy-headed hangover the next day.

I take one of those every nite. They seem to work.

Fan, air filter or sound machine (waterfall is a great one, as is ocean waves...) Are all good for the white noise.

Warm milk is a good choice, something about milk when it's warmed releases some relaxing component.

Blue, kind of a deepish blue, is a calming colour.

and...

(how shall I say this.?.)

a little... ummm... pleasuring can relax the entire body

(*did I just say that out loud.?.*) unsure.gif blush4.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ May 21 2008, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 20 2008, 09:26 PM)
Was going to suggest Temazepam, but you've said you already have sleeping pills. . .

I take these on occasion - like once every 2 or 3 months - when I'm too amped to fall asleep.  I like this particular one because you don't have the foggy, fuzzy-headed hangover the next day.

I take one of those every nite. They seem to work.

rofl3.gif I dunno if you SAID it outloud but but you typed it out loud. We posters have a terrible tendancy to type more than we'd speak tongue.gif

Heya Jen bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 21 2008, 10:34 PM)

Yes, it's possible to sleep after drinking caffeinated drinks, but you don't sleep as deeply. I discuss this with my Father-in-law every now and then. He drinks about ten cups of coffee a day and complains about being tired all the time, even though he sleeps seven or so hours a night. He's not getting REM sleep, however, so it's no wonder he's tired. So he makes up for being tired by drinking coffee. It's kind of a vicious cycle with him. His caffeine addiction has gotten so bad lately that the last time he talked to me, he told me how he likes to get up at three AM, drink a cup of coffee, and then go back to bed! I told him if he keeps that up he's going to have some kind of breakdown.

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ May 22 2008, 04:43 AM)
Fan, air filter or sound machine (waterfall is a great one, as is ocean waves...) Are all good for the white noise.
Warm milk is a good choice, something about milk when it's warmed releases some relaxing component.

and...
a little... ummm... pleasuring can relax the entire body
(*did I just say that out loud.?.*) unsure.gif blush4.gif
z7shysterical.gif

Women's lib all the way sister!

Have a banana on me!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 22 2008, 03:30 PM)
Fan, air filter or sound machine (waterfall is a great one, as is ocean waves...)  Are all good for the white noise.

and...
a little...  ummm...  pleasuring  can relax the entire body
(*did I just say that out loud.?.*) unsure.gif  blush4.gif
z7shysterical.gif

Have a banana on me!

trink39.gif

Funny you mention a sound machine or water fall. I sleep like a baby when I have the AC blasting during the hot summer nights. Like a meat locker.

When I burn out from smoking a lot I get the greatest sleep ever.

I also find myself falling asleep in front of the TV... usually something mind-numbing that doesn't make you think like Beavis and Butthead.

QUOTE (Lady April @ May 22 2008, 03:15 PM)

rofl3.gif I dunno if you SAID it outloud but but you typed it out loud. We posters have a terrible tendancy to type more than we'd speak tongue.gif

Heya Jen bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

z7shysterical.gif Yeah, but I would say it, not just write it! 2funny.gif

My internal censor doesn't always speak up right away!

sometimes gets me into trouble doh.gif 2funny.gif

How you doin', April.?. bekloppt.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 22 2008, 03:30 PM)
Fan, air filter or sound machine (waterfall is a great one, as is ocean waves...)  Are all good for the white noise.

and...
a little...  ummm...  pleasuring  can relax the entire body
(*did I just say that out loud.?.*) unsure.gif  blush4.gif
z7shysterical.gif

Have a banana on me!

trink39.gif

*mmmmmmmmmm...* Banana... coy.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (izzy @ May 22 2008, 07:07 PM)
When I burn out from smoking a lot I get the greatest sleep ever.

I also find myself falling asleep in front of the TV... usually something mind-numbing that doesn't make you think like Beavis and Butthead.

You STILL burn out from smoking??????

You got a looong way to go!!!

Archived