Favorite Song From Signals

DigitalMan1001

Digital Man, followed closely by Analog Kid.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a little while since I gave Signals a spin but it's got to be 1022.gif Subdivisions 1022.gif , with Analog Kid nipping closely at its heels.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 22 2008, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 22 2008, 10:19 AM)
I know You're new, but we have a forum and polls for all of the Albums.

Please visit the Feedback Forum

I think it gets more hits here 1287.gif

yea but its annoying because this forum is now flooded with "favorite song" threads and threads comparing different albums to each other

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Apr 22 2008, 07:27 PM)

yea but its annoying because this forum is now flooded with "favorite song" threads and threads comparing different albums to each other

I think it's wonderful.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 22 2008, 03:31 PM)

I think it's wonderful.

i'd rather that stuff stayed were it belonged in FEEDBACK

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Apr 22 2008, 07:35 PM)

I think it's wonderful.

Too late.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 22 2008, 03:42 PM)

I think it's wonderful.

Too late.

i should get a mod to move them yes.gif

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Apr 22 2008, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 22 2008, 03:42 PM)

I think it's wonderful.

Too late.

i should get a mod to move them yes.gif

were you bored when you did these?

Digital Man

For me it's COUNTDOWN. It was always my favorite from Signals and meant even more to me when I watched the video from THE CAMERA EYE the night before Columbia exploded. How *&%$ eerie is that?!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 22 2008, 03:50 PM)
Signals is a tough one. I'm going with "Subdivisions".

Also, NOT EVERY song off of Signals is brilliant!!

Yes, every song is brilliant except The Weapon wich is okay. cool.gif

My favorite must be Subdivisions or The Analog Kid.

Wasn't going to comment on any of these threads since I know we already have very similar ones with polls included on Feedback but since they've took off suppose I'll play along on one or two.

As with any Rush album its very difficult for me to pick a single favourite. Signals along with Grace Under Pressure was one of the Rush albums I struggled to get into. I remember like Subdivisions and The Analog Kid early on and not long after started to get into New World and The Weapon.

I heard a lot of bad stuff said about Countdown and Losing It. Guess I just took everyone's word for it that those two songs sucked for the longest time. When I finally did give them a chance I found it true with Countdown, I listened to it and listened to it and just couldn't find a hook or melody that was memorable enough for me to remember once I switched the record off. I was discussing it with my friend one day how I just couldn't get into that song and he said "Yeah the song's not very good but I like Geddy's synth solo" so this is probably after about two months of not listening to it. Gave it another play just to hear if Geddy's keys were cool or not and found that I was actually enjoying the song.

Strangely enough I think the last song I properly got into off this one was Digital Man. Once again I would listen and weird as it may sound I just wasn't able to remember how it went once it had gone off, can't remember what turned me but so glad it did. One of the most complex songs Rush has ever written if that counts for anything, but more than that its one of the best. I felt kind of insulted when I was listening to it and my Mum said it sounded like The Police but it hasn't defamed it for me... in fact much as I love the entire record I think I'm gonna have to say that Digital Man is closest to being an overall favourite.

But now I'm looking down the tracklisting and every single song is saying "No! Pick me!" and each time I'm tempted to go with them. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pescatorian @ Apr 22 2008, 07:21 AM)
Subdivisions. The last true Rush classic.

Not by a long shot. You're saying anything released after Signals is bubble-gum pop rock that someone should sell to the local CD shop for $1.00 USD for each CD -- NOT!! Get a grip!

QUOTE (streak85 @ Apr 24 2008, 08:17 PM)

Not by a long shot. You're saying anything released after Signals is bubble-gum pop rock that someone should sell to the local CD shop for $1.00 USD for each CD -- NOT!! Get a grip!

I talked to Pescatorian at a Bravado (Rush tribute) gig recently and I noticed what he'd said about the stuff after Signals around here before. I have to stand up for him, he did say although he felt everything pre-Signals was much stronger than everything after he did enjoy certain stuff post-82.

Even if he, or anyone else, did denounce everything Grace Under Pressure onwards, or from any point really it is all personal opinion. Rush have gone through huge changes throughout the career so that if it weren't for something as recogniseable as Geddy's voice you'd be forgiven for thinking it 2 or 3 entirely different bands and obviously not everyone is going to dig each incarnation. Some people will have loved everything up until Permanent Waves but as soon as the synth becomes more dominant they know its not for them. That's all there is to it.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 24 2008, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (streak85 @ Apr 24 2008, 08:17 PM)

I talked to Pescatorian at a Bravado (Rush tribute) gig recently and I noticed what he'd said about the stuff after Signals around here before. I have to stand up for him, he did say although he felt everything pre-Signals was much stronger than everything after he did enjoy certain stuff post-82.

Even if he, or anyone else, did denounce everything Grace Under Pressure onwards, or from any point really it is all personal opinion. Rush have gone through huge changes throughout the career so that if it weren't for something as recogniseable as Geddy's voice you'd be forgiven for thinking it 2 or 3 entirely different bands and obviously not everyone is going to dig each incarnation. Some people will have loved everything up until Permanent Waves but as soon as the synth becomes more dominant they know its not for them. That's all there is to it.

Is Bravado a UK-based band or do they play 'round the world as I have never

heard of them in the US? Besides, who the hell would respect the advice coming from a tribute band - if they are "solely" tribute, they wouldn't make

a *(&P(*T penny if RUSH didn't exist!

The view on RUSH and their severe changes due to synths is BS.

Bands who have triumphed with most of their discography and have lasted two (2) decades or more have known classics well past their first decade of releases. RUSH is included among these bands.

Archived