Retro classics *** SAXON !

Tick

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 1 2012, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (jc4gd @ Aug 1 2012, 03:26 AM)
Saw them @ this small night club last year.......(originally saw P&G tour in 83)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5H4cBvWDgs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtCc2sAg84

The mix was so nice, loud, clear........"is is loud enough for ya!!!???"

New album is nice too...........

Great footage, looks hot and sweaty!!! The only way metal should be heard!

Saw them support Priest a few weeks back. Fanf*ckintastic.

Call To Arms is excellent. They've been very consistent of late, some great albums.

w/ Priest...........cool...........yeah that's more like the stage they deserve........

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 7 2012, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 6 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 6 2012, 01:39 PM)
I'd actually never heard any Saxon before, except for 747 (Strangers in the Night) which was on a compilation CD I had.
But I fancied listening to some more classic NWOBHM, so just for the hell of it, I ordered Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law.

Just finished listening to Wheels of Steel, and it fookin' rocks! 1022.gif

Excellent!!!! A very underrated band, get Denim & Leather next. It's fanf#ckingtastic. Most of their latter day stuff is worth checking out too. Lionheart, Call To Arms, The Inner Sanctum etc all worth checking out.

Cheers for the help trink39.gif

Loved Strong Arm of the Law, too, so I'll definitely be getting some more. I'll check out Denim and Leather like you suggest.

How did ya like D&L? Princess of Night, Never Surrender, Fire in Sky - excellent period for them! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 28 2012, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 7 2012, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 6 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 6 2012, 01:39 PM)
I'd actually never heard any Saxon before, except for 747 (Strangers in the Night) which was on a compilation CD I had.
But I fancied listening to some more classic NWOBHM, so just for the hell of it, I ordered Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law.

Just finished listening to Wheels of Steel, and it fookin' rocks! 1022.gif

Excellent!!!! A very underrated band, get Denim & Leather next. It's fanf#ckingtastic. Most of their latter day stuff is worth checking out too. Lionheart, Call To Arms, The Inner Sanctum etc all worth checking out.

Cheers for the help trink39.gif

Loved Strong Arm of the Law, too, so I'll definitely be getting some more. I'll check out Denim and Leather like you suggest.

How did ya like D&L? Princess of Night, Never Surrender, Fire in Sky - excellent period for them! 1022.gif

Loved it! trink39.gif Another classic album!

And the Bands Played On 1022.gif

I also got the debut, too. Rainbow Theme/Frozen Rainbow is different, but great, and Stallions of the Highway rocks 1022.gif

I've got crusader and wheels of steel on regular rotation.. Motorcycle man is awesome too!!
  • Like 1

Saw them @ this small night club last year.......(originally saw P&G tour in 83)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5H4cBvWDgs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtCc2sAg84

The mix was so nice, loud, clear........"is is loud enough for ya!!!???"

New album is nice too...........

Holy Shit! I was there too! I saw this show! IT BLEW MY FUKKING MIND!! I popped my SAXON cherry that night! It was beautiful! THEY RULE!!!!

I see that the Avalon has been torn down. What are they going to build there?

I saw a ton of shows there over the years. Y&T many times!

I'll post a combined review of Manchester & Dublin at some stage. THEY WERE FXXXING FANTASTIC!

Anyway, you must purchase Heavy Metal Thunder, the documentary, on bluray. The doc is revealing, but the extras are gold. The St. George's Day gig from 2008 is the dog's bollocks.

Saxon: Delivering proper fooking metal from Yorkshire since 1976, ya fookers. :haz:

I'll post a combined review of Manchester & Dublin at some stage. THEY WERE FXXXING FANTASTIC!

Anyway, you must purchase Heavy Metal Thunder, the documentary, on bluray. The doc is revealing, but the extras are gold. The St. George's Day gig from 2008 is the dog's bollocks.

Saxon: Delivering proper fooking metal from Yorkshire since 1976, ya fookers. :haz:

Yaaaaay on the review.

Will the doc be the exact same on DVD? About time they got their due.

I was never a big fan into NWOBHM with the exception of Iron Maiden.

My dad's band Metal Knight covered the song Princess Of The Night back in '86.

The ultimate Saxon choon.

This performance got hammered back in the day (love this version of PotN) :notworthy: Awesome show from Nottingham on the Power and Glory tour :hail:

http://youtu.be/rDZPBqVrKHE

Yaaaaay on the review.

Not sure Steevo, but it's a 2 disc pack so I'd imagine all extras are on disc 2. Only £11.49 on Amazon, heartily recommend it. Currently watching the bonus disc from Inner Sanctum, "A Night Out With The Boys", and I'm on the whiskey. Gonna be a long night. SAXON!

Yaaaaay on the review.

Not sure Steevo, but it's a 2 disc pack so I'd imagine all extras are on disc 2. Only £11.49 on Amazon, heartily recommend it. Currently watching the bonus disc from Inner Sanctum, "A Night Out With The Boys", and I'm on the whiskey. Gonna be a long night. SAXON!

It's a given! Right to the top of my list! Drink up! :hail:

*Ooops, in my excitement I actually meant all the extras. I'll go and see soon :D-13:

Edited by Steevo

Yaaaaay on the review.

*Ooops, in my excitement I actually meant all the extras. I'll go and see soon :D-13:

Excellent.

God almighty,but Nibbs Carter is a fine bassist. And Doug Scarratt is a f***ing demon.

Yaaaaay on the review.

Excellent.

God almighty,but Nibbs Carter is a fine bassist. And Doug Scarratt is a f***ing demon.

So good they put a class DVD out.

Edited by Steevo

Yaaaaay on the review.

Excellent.

Most probably put an order in by the end of the day! :haz:

Yes I will do...shit this has been out a while as well :wacko:

Edited by Steevo