Woman falls to death

furie

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/18/balcony.death.ap/index.html

NORTH FORT MYERS, Florida (AP) -- A woman fell to her death while trying to do a handstand on the railing of a second-floor hotel balcony, sheriff's officials said.

Molly Jerman, 23, of Cape Coral died Sunday. While attempting a handstand, she toppled over and dropped to the hotel patio, according to the Lee County sheriff's department.

Just before she fell, she had called out to a friend, "Watch to see what I can still do," a police report said. Foul play is not believed to be involved, officials said.[/url]

Definate Darwin Award Nominee

QUOTE (Spike @ Jan 18 2005, 10:21 PM)
Before I even finished reading this, I thought "Darwin Award"

doh.gif

That was my very first thougt too.

And the Darwin goes too....

I despair when I read stories like this - I saw the thread title, and like most people, thought "Darwin Awards already?".

For a species supposedly endowed with rationality, intuitive thought and higher thinking, we have a tremendous capacity for total stupid actions with long term and sometimes fatal consequences.

Yeah - I'm sure that girl was not setting out to kill herself. It's that instant between impulse and rational thought. So sad. I'm sure that girl's life had so much more to it than that one bad decision.

ES - Sorry to hear about your friend.

Archived