The Warriors

Saint NIck

Hi Everybody!

Since the first time I saw it back in '80 on HBO, till just last night putting in the DVD, this has always been a fave to watch. Yeah, the acting may not be Oscar-worthy = that's all politics anyway; but the storyline I think is very good.

Some of the one-liners used and the action sequences are hilarious, especially with the character "Ajax"; Walter Hill did a superb job with this film.

The character who sings, "...Warriors, come out to play..." is the same guy who played "Sully" in Commando; the guy Arnold lets go.

Friends, a thread has been brought up about 'DVD bonus features/extras. While I have The Warriors on VHS, I also have two copies of the DVD. The second copy is the 'Ultimate Director's, Collectors' Edition' and, of course, that one has lots of great insight stuff regarding the film; may run about 20 bucks at Best Buy.

Take care.

QUOTE (Saint NIck @ Feb 9 2008, 04:01 AM)
Hi Everybody!
Since the first time I saw it back in '80 on HBO, till just last night putting in the DVD, this has always been a fave to watch. Yeah, the acting may not be Oscar-worthy = that's all politics anyway; but the storyline I think is very good.
Some of the one-liners used and the action sequences are hilarious, especially with the character "Ajax"; Walter Hill did a superb job with this film.
The character who sings, "...Warriors, come out to play..." is the same guy who played "Sully" in Commando; the guy Arnold lets go.
Friends, a thread has been brought up about 'DVD bonus features/extras. While I have The Warriors on VHS, I also have two copies of the DVD. The second copy is the 'Ultimate Director's, Collectors' Edition' and, of course, that one has lots of great insight stuff regarding the film; may run about 20 bucks at Best Buy.
Take care.

watched it last month. AWESOME DIRECTORS CUT!

"Good Luck, Bopppers. All the way back to Coney" ph34r.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Feb 9 2008, 04:17 AM)
QUOTE (Saint NIck @ Feb 9 2008, 04:01 AM)
Hi Everybody!
Take care.

watched it last month. AWESOME DIRECTORS CUT!

"Good Luck, Bopppers. All the way back to Coney" ph34r.gif

I believe your thinking if "Luther" aka David Patrick Kelley. Revised

his character in 48 hours with Eddie Murphy.

Cult classic.

Probably considered tame by today's standards, but back in 1979 it was one bad ass movie.

Without a doubt one of my favorite movies of all time.

I also own the soundtrack, which kicks ass!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/70.gifThe Baseball Furies Drop The Ballhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/66.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 9 2008, 11:29 AM)
Rushiacs come out to playy-ayy-ayyy

http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/content/filmstills/images/still08.jpg

Swan:" Why'd ya'do it? Why'd you waste Cyrus?"

Luther:"NO, REASON! I LIKE DOIN" THINGS LIKE THAT"

RIFFS_

YEA RIGHT!

You Warriors are good, real good.

"The Best"

Outro(Joe Walsh's In The City

One of my guilty pleasures. I own it and watch it once a year or so.

I hate the Eagles, but I love Joe Walsh's "In the City" because of this film. Everytime I hear it, I think of the movie. "Somewhere out on that horizon... I know there must be something better..."

The gang is a little weak compared to real gangs, don't you think? Maybe three of them (and I'm being generous) could survive a real gang fight. tongue.gif

I know it seems like just a mainstream picture full of violent exploitation, but it actually has deep roots. It's based on a Greek story, Xenophon's "Anabasis," the tale of a band of Greeks caught behind Persian lines that had to battle their way back home. Everything from naming the king of the gangs "Cyrus" to the final showdown on the beach comes right out of this ancient Greek text. The black female DJ even acts as a kind of "Greek chorus."

So yeah... I love this movie.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 10 2008, 04:39 PM)
Maybe three of them (and I'm being generous) could survive a real gang fight.

it wouldn't take the police long to put them all in jail either.

We're looking for a bunch of guys with makeup dressed like baseball players. Wait, there they are!

Always one of my favorite movies. Over the Edge was to have been released at this time as The Warrior but fear of fights breaking out prevented it.

Ajax was the movie. "I'll shove that bat so far up your a** I'll turn you into a popsicle".

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 9 2008, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 9 2008, 02:29 PM)

Luther kinda looks like Geddy right there.

I did a thread about that a while back...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...833&hl=warriors

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 11 2008, 02:54 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 9 2008, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 9 2008, 02:29 PM)

Luther kinda looks like Geddy right there.

I did a thread about that a while back...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...833&hl=warriors

My brother thinks he looks like Geddy as well. I think he's too creepy and short to play Geddy. Come out to plaeiyay!

Great scene!

Anyone see Dreamscape (1984)? He was the creepy bad guy in that as well. And The Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis he played Doyle.

Oh hell, I just saw someone liken themselves to the Warriors. I'm gonna be sick. 062802puke_prv.gif

One of my absolute favorites of all time. Wanted to see this movie for a long time since I saw it on VH1's I Love the 80s. Over Christmas break, I saw that it was on AMC late at night. So I was like hey, what the hell, and stayed up to watch it and was blown away. The soundtracks very hip and the plot is great! Got the Director's Cut DVD a few weeks ago and have watched it almost weekly. The Baseball Furies are my favorite gang besides the Warriors, the first time I saw them waiting for the Warriors at the station I got chills.

"I'll shove that bat so far up your a** I'll turn you into a popsicle".

Best. Line. Ever. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 04:29 PM)
One of my absolute favorites of all time. Wanted to see this movie for a long time since I saw it on VH1's I Love the 80s. Over Christmas break, I saw that it was on AMC late at night. So I was like hey, what the hell, and stayed up to watch it and was blown away. The soundtracks very hip and the plot is great! Got the Director's Cut DVD a few weeks ago and have watched it almost weekly. The Baseball Furies are my favorite gang besides the Warriors, the first time I saw them waiting for the Warriors at the station I got chills.

James Remar-AJAX, ToTally agree, although I think it's F*cking popsicle. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Feb 14 2008, 05:42 PM)
One of my absolute favorites of all time. Wanted to see this movie for a long time since I saw it on VH1's I Love the 80s.  Over Christmas break, I saw that it was on AMC late at night. So I was like hey, what the hell, and stayed up to watch it and was blown away. The soundtracks very hip and the plot is great! Got the Director's Cut DVD a few weeks ago and have watched it almost weekly. The Baseball Furies are my favorite gang besides the Warriors, the first time I saw them waiting for the Warriors at the station I got chills.

James Remar-AJAX, ToTally agree, although I think it's F*cking popsicle. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hahaha, yeah that would be correct! yes.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Feb 14 2008, 05:42 PM)
One of my absolute favorites of all time. Wanted to see this movie for a long time since I saw it on VH1's I Love the 80s.  Over Christmas break, I saw that it was on AMC late at night. So I was like hey, what the hell, and stayed up to watch it and was blown away. The soundtracks very hip and the plot is great! Got the Director's Cut DVD a few weeks ago and have watched it almost weekly. The Baseball Furies are my favorite gang besides the Warriors, the first time I saw them waiting for the Warriors at the station I got chills.

Hahaha, yeah that would be correct! yes.gif rofl3.gif

Actually, no it isn't. no.gif