#19 has been found

Pags

I've been trading phone messages with a good friend of mine. It's Rush season and we're both big fans, so I've been trying to get a hold of whom I consider to be the busiest man on Earth. Sure enough, he's on a business trip.

In his voice message to me, he's informed me that he's the proud owner of one of the R30 commemorative drum kits that Guitar Center was offering. #19, to be exact. He said he has an electronic set to go on the back as well, but he didn't say if it replicated what Neil uses or not. I hope to find out for myself sooner rather than later.

I just thought that was too cool, and had to share the awesome news.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/peart/parts.cfm

trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 7 2008, 12:03 PM)
Nice score for him! Tell him we need pics!

Hell, I hope one day soon to take those pics myself! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 11 2008, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 10 2008, 01:18 AM)
I really want one of those, and I don't even play drums

Me Too! I'd take anything that has to do with 2.gif

From what I recall the price tag on this bad boy is like... $30,000.00. And that's just the acoustic set on the front side. It doesn't involve the electronic set on the back.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 12 2008, 10:55 AM)

From what I recall the price tag on this bad boy is like... $30,000.00. And that's just the acoustic set on the front side. It doesn't involve the electronic set on the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/ththud.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Feb 12 2008, 11:39 AM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/ththud.gif

I know! laugh.gif I hope I get to check it out at his house. He's not an easy guy to get time with anymore. But... he sure can afford it.

HEY!! He just called me back. I'm on the phone with him as I'm typing this. He got the set that was on display in Las Vegas. He actually got it just as Randy Johnson was looking to get his hands on it. He actually wanted to call my buddy to offer him more money for it. laugh.gif

Whoo Hooo! I'm going up to the house next week. He's gonna let me play them. He says he doesn't keep them as a trophy or something to be enshrined. He plays them. Nice! 653.gif

He also said he went through a period of guilt after buying them. Like there were so many other better or more worthy musicians out there who should have them. Understandable. The guys at Guitar Center mentioned that at 30K, not many of those musicians could afford them.

Edited by Pags

After I get my Alex Lifeson Signature Gibson ES-355, I should come over with it and my Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass and take some more pics together!

Let me know if he wants to jam sometime.

Edited by Lerxstnj

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 12 2008, 09:48 AM)
Whoo Hooo! I'm going up to the house next week. He's gonna let me play them. He says he doesn't keep them as a trophy or something to be enshrined. He plays them. Nice! 653.gif

He also said he went through a period of guilt after buying them. Like there were so many other better or more worthy musicians out there who should have them. Understandable. The guys at Guitar Center mentioned that at 30K, not many of those musicians could afford them.

Wow man, that is so awesome! What a great experience this is going to be for you. I can barely make it all the way through "Livin' after Midnight", which tells you my qualifications as a drummer, but I would love to sit behind that kit and just go town for an hour or so. Let us know how things go.

Brilliant,and you know, 30K isnt that much for somthing lke this really, its only 16000 Pnds and Iv seen worse drums for more.

What happens if one ruined a shell and wanted a replacement,could he get a single shell if he ever wanted

No instrument is worth that kind of dough IMO.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Mar 1 2008, 02:26 AM)

No instrument is worth that kind of dough IMO.

I guess it all depends on how much cash you have around to spend. For me, it's pipe dream of impossibility. For my friend, it wasn't that big a hit to the wallet. Which is sick, but he earned every penny. So, he treated himself to something nice.

I still haven't seen the set yet. I was supposed to call him and head up to his house last week, but everybody here got sick. So I'll call him next week. 1022.gif

Wow that is awesome news Pags and I hope that you do get to play it - maybe he might bring it around for the PAGSCON ALL STAR JAM in July laugh.gif Seriously, I really love that kit and would love to have one myself. 2.gif trink39.gif

Well, tonight is FINALLY the night. laugh.gif

After literally months and months of playing phone tag and trying to align our schedules, I'm going over to my friend's house tonight. We're going to meet up with the guy he befriended from Guitar Center when he bought the R30 Kit and see a Rush Tribute band. But I'll be going to his house first, and I'll finally be able to see the kit.

I probably won't be able to play it, because it'll be around 8:30 PM when I get there and I don't know if his daughter will be asleep or not. We'll see. Either way, I'm taking pics.

He told me months ago that he was considering changing how the set is configured to suit his own playing style, vs. how they tell you to set it up in the DVD that comes with the set. I'm kind of hoping he hasn't yet, but it's cool either way.

trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/104_0044.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/104_0054.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/104_0052.jpg

It only took a year, but I finally got up to my friend's house and checked out the R30 kit. It's enormous. The cool part is, he actually plays it instead of encasing it in some sort of shrine. He actually added on to it with some extra cymbals.