2008 - 07/22 - Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore

So, who is OFFICIALLY going to be going to this show/meet-up?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2008, 10:57 AM)

1. Me

2. My husband

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2008, 01:03 PM)

1. Me

2. My husband

All righty then.

Should be one ROCKIN' party.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2008, 03:59 PM)

1. Me

2. My husband

All righty then.

rofl3.gif

I'll go anywhere anyone else decides on! Seriously, someone settle this question. I've really looked forward to meeting TRF people, and would be mildly bummed if that didn't happen!

I don't know Alpharetta as well as I used to, so I'm relying on those who are a bit closer to the action there.

1. Me

2. My husband

3. Lee

4. a few from other boards

tongue.gif

Are you definitely coming?

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 18 2008, 09:56 PM)

1. Me

2. My husband

All righty then.

rofl3.gif

I'll go anywhere anyone else decides on! Seriously, someone settle this question. I've really looked forward to meeting TRF people, and would be mildly bummed if that didn't happen!

I don't know Alpharetta as well as I used to, so I'm relying on those who are a bit closer to the action there.

Well... it looks like it is Champps. That is where I will be ... there will be some folks from RT there too. I posted it on CP, but they are doing their own thing in Buckhead or Little Five Points .... way too far for me to consider. Especially with traffic.

I will firm up a time ... but usually 4-5 is good.

looks like this one was going to be pretty big, but with the indy reschedule, I know several who switched plans to Indy to see the last show.

I am making both 2.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jul 18 2008, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 18 2008, 09:56 PM)

1. Me

2. My husband

All righty then.

rofl3.gif

Well... it looks like it is Champps. That is where I will be ... there will be some folks from RT there too. I posted it on CP, but they are doing their own thing in Buckhead or Little Five Points .... way too far for me to consider. Especially with traffic.

I will firm up a time ... but usually 4-5 is good.

looks like this one was going to be pretty big, but with the indy reschedule, I know several who switched plans to Indy to see the last show.

I am making both 2.gif

Just a suggestion - a little closer to 5, maybe? Soundchecks are usually around 4. . .so

Heya folks!

Right, R-B is *not* dead. Or even moribund. Not quite, anyway. tongue.gif

I JUST TODAY got set up with a ticket 1287.gif and arranged for a ride.

2.gif ON! common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif 2.gif

So far as pre-show gatherings go ... We're guesttimating we'll get into town roughly 2 PM. Then hotel check-ins and such.

Actually I don't see anything on CP about an "official" gathering in Little 5 points? Some of us had lunch at the Vortex last June but this time that's a bit too far away. Did I miss a post someplace?

What I have read about is a gathering at 2 PM at Miller's Ale House, with a parking lot tailgate to follow. MMGator and gr870sfunk are making those plans.

Hope it's OK to post a link to a CP thread!

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...showtopic=24803

I'm planning to write down all the info and let my ride decide.

R-B

Hope to see as many TRF'ers as possible!

My seat: ORCH 1, Row WC, Seat 1

That's the "handicapped accessible" seating at the back of the front section, Alex side.

I plan to wear my red T-shirt from RushCon2112. Easy to spot!

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Jul 20 2008, 07:16 PM)
Heya folks!

Right, R-B is *not* dead. Or even moribund. Not quite, anyway. tongue.gif

I JUST TODAY got set up with a ticket 1287.gif and arranged for a ride.
2.gif ON! common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif 2.gif

So far as pre-show gatherings go ... We're guesttimating we'll get into town roughly 2 PM. Then hotel check-ins and such.

Actually I don't see anything on CP about an "official" gathering in Little 5 points? Some of us had lunch at the Vortex last June but this time that's a bit too far away. Did I miss a post someplace?

What I have read about is a gathering at 2 PM at Miller's Ale House, with a parking lot tailgate to follow. MMGator and gr870sfunk are making those plans.

Hope it's OK to post a link to a CP thread!
http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...showtopic=24803

I'm planning to write down all the info and let my ride decide.

R-B
Hope to see as many TRF'ers as possible!

My seat: ORCH 1, Row WC, Seat 1
That's the "handicapped accessible" seating at the back of the front section, Alex side.
I plan to wear my red T-shirt from RushCon2112. Easy to spot!

we are going to champs at around 3. very close to the venue..

glad you are going. heck i could have given you a ride if you are staying the night..

*blinks at "Arlington"* Not quite sure where that's at biggrin.gif

Awww, how sweet of you!

I have a ride with a CP member who's coming from Nashville, therefore going right past me .

What I *am* searching for is crash space Tuesday night, was about to post a thread in the 'main section' about it.

Sadly after forking out $106.50 for a ticket and whatever said ride deems appropriate for gas, paying $149.00 for a room at their Hyatt (or $53/$61 for the Motel 6 in Roswell) is out of reach sad.gif wacko.gif That's before all those extra fees ...

I'm "spreading the presumption" a bit you might say, as I'm getting a ride with someone I've never met in person. I think it's a bit much to ALSO ask if I can crash on their room floor. Heh.

Planning to tote along an air mattress and sleeping bag ... and cash for whoever's willing to put up with a non-smoking knitter.

R-B

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Jul 20 2008, 07:31 PM)
*blinks at "Arlington"* Not quite sure where that's at biggrin.gif

Awww, how sweet of you!

I have a ride with a CP member who's coming from Nashville, therefore going right past me .

What I *am* searching for is crash space Tuesday night, was about to post a thread in the 'main section' about it.

Sadly after forking out $106.50 for a ticket and whatever said ride deems appropriate for gas, paying $149.00 for a room at their Hyatt (or $53/$61 for the Motel 6 in Roswell) is out of reach sad.gif wacko.gif That's before all those extra fees ...

I'm "spreading the presumption" a bit you might say, as I'm getting a ride with someone I've never met in person. I think it's a bit much to ALSO ask if I can crash on their room floor. Heh.

Planning to tote along an air mattress and sleeping bag ... and cash for whoever's willing to put up with a non-smoking knitter.

R-B
unsure.gif

Well, hello there R-B. Hope you remember me from the morning after last year's show in ATL. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I can't make it this time. Can't pull away from work Tuesday. Keep me in your thoughts while you're downing a cold one at the meet-up and the band is performing another great show.

653.gif 653.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

I'm all hyped up! Got the day off tomorrow! common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 21 2008, 04:45 PM)
653.gif 653.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

I'm all hyped up! Got the day off tomorrow! common001.gif common001.gif

Lucky for you. I wish I had the day off too, but then again, I would probably never make it to the concert cool10.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 21 2008, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 21 2008, 04:45 PM)
653.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

I'm all hyped up!  Got the day off tomorrow!  common001.gif  common001.gif

Lucky for you. I wish I had the day off too, but then again, I would probably never make it to the concert cool10.gif trink38.gif

I'm going to spend the early part of it stalking Alex and his family. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

* Not really. It's a joke from another thread. You guys don't need to worry about meeting me tomorrow. I'm normal. . .mostly. wink.gif

We should be at Champp's by no later than 5.

I'll be in my TRF shirt, of course. See y'all there! Safe travels everyone.

Wooo hoooo!!!!!!

I'm all ready to go massively early (a rare thing for me) - my ride hasn't even left Nashville yet. :rofl:

I've got the party info written down, not sure exactly what's on the agenda for where/when. Sadly it's never possible to make ALL the gatherings.

R-B

2.gif on!

I had a great time last night meeting everyone. Sadly, I missed GhostGirl since we had to leave before she arrived at Champps to pick up her tix from glennb2112. Horrible storm beforehand, but it sure cooled things off!

My husband was a "live Rush virgin" prior to last night. He liked Rush before, but he LOVES them now! He was truly awestruck all through the performance; said it's the best show he's ever seen, from any act! A new convert!

Hope everyone's 2.gif experience was as great as mine was, and that everyone made it home safely afterwards.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 23 2008, 08:09 AM)
I had a great time last night meeting everyone.  Sadly, I missed GhostGirl since we had to leave before she arrived at Champps to pick up her tix from glennb2112.  Horrible storm beforehand, but it sure cooled things off!
My husband was a "live Rush virgin" prior to last night.  He liked Rush before, but he LOVES them now!  He was truly awestruck all through the performance; said it's the best show he's ever seen, from any act!  A new convert!
Hope everyone's  2.gif experience was as great as mine was, and that everyone made it home safely afterwards.

I wish I could say that this whole experience was great, but...it wasn't.

We had trouble from the beginning...trying to leave home early (HA!), then we got stopped for over an hour by highway construction on I-20 east of Anniston, then we went through a thunderstorm. By the time we got to our hotel, it was already 6:00 p.m.

We ran in, checked into our room, changed clothes, ran back out, drove to Champp's, and by then it was 6:30 and ES-335 and Marathonist had already left. We did get to see glennb2112, and he brought me a really cool present. I will post pics when I can. smile.gif

The storm we had driven through by then had reached Alpharetta, so we drove to the venue and found our parking lot through the deluge. We only got a little wet getting to our seats, which turned out to be really great. Alex's side, about 17 rows back...great view of the stage yet close enough to see the guys' expressions.

The show was wonderful - the sound was really great, and David and I really enjoyed the whole thing...even slogging around in the inch of water on the floor. laugh.gif

I went down at intermission and visited with ES, but I never could figure out where Marathonist was. sad.gif I hate we missed each other.

Overall it was a fun show, but the pre-show stuff certainly didn't work out like I was hoping.

Next time it will. trink39.gif Thanks again to glennb for the help and for hanging out with me and David after the show. It was great getting to know you, man!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 24 2008, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 23 2008, 08:09 AM)
I had a great time last night meeting everyone.  Sadly, I missed GhostGirl since we had to leave before she arrived at Champps to pick up her tix from glennb2112.  Horrible storm beforehand, but it sure cooled things off!
My husband was a "live Rush virgin" prior to last night.  He liked Rush before, but he LOVES them now!  He was truly awestruck all through the performance; said it's the best show he's ever seen, from any act!  A new convert!
Hope everyone's  2.gif experience was as great as mine was, and that everyone made it home safely afterwards.

I wish I could say that this whole experience was great, but...it wasn't.

We had trouble from the beginning...trying to leave home early (HA!), then we got stopped for over an hour by highway construction on I-20 east of Anniston, then we went through a thunderstorm. By the time we got to our hotel, it was already 6:00 p.m.

We ran in, checked into our room, changed clothes, ran back out, drove to Champp's, and by then it was 6:30 and ES-335 and Marathonist had already left. We did get to see glennb2112, and he brought me a really cool present. I will post pics when I can. smile.gif

The storm we had driven through by then had reached Alpharetta, so we drove to the venue and found our parking lot through the deluge. We only got a little wet getting to our seats, which turned out to be really great. Alex's side, about 17 rows back...great view of the stage yet close enough to see the guys' expressions.

The show was wonderful - the sound was really great, and David and I really enjoyed the whole thing...even slogging around in the inch of water on the floor. laugh.gif

I went down at intermission and visited with ES, but I never could figure out where Marathonist was. sad.gif I hate we missed each other.

Overall it was a fun show, but the pre-show stuff certainly didn't work out like I was hoping.

Next time it will. trink39.gif Thanks again to glennb for the help and for hanging out with me and David after the show. It was great getting to know you, man!

Does EXXON ring a bell? unsure.gif laugh.gif Glad it all worked out for you in the end GG. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Archived