Anyone see First Blood?

sfuentes

I got the Ultimate Rambo Collection (Gasp!) over the weekend, and I wish to share my thoughts on it.

All of the movies are great. Unlike other 'series' of movies, this one does not fail to excite. I lenjoyed every one of them!

"...You did some pushin' of your own John."

"They drew first blood..."

You remember the guy in the Army truck in the first one? The guy who begs Rambo not to kill him when he takes over the truck? I met him once. He's a stuntman named Bruce Barbour. The water-skiing scene from 'Weekend At Bernies' was filmed on the intercoastal waterway when I was stationed at Wrightsville Beach and we provided perimeter security when they were filming (we kept boats out of the area while the cameras were rolling). Bruce was the stuntman on the skis. I traded him my Coast Guard seal hat pin for a Stuntman's Association pin. I still have it.

When I was a kid, I thought they were great. Don't have much use for them now. btw - there was a third one?

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 11 2005, 02:51 PM)
When I was a kid, I thought they were great. Don't have much use for them now. btw - there was a third one?

Yeah it had something with him fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan or something of that agenda. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Love your avatar kazzman! It's hilarious. I actually have the Will Ferrell greatest hits, so I can appreciate this great avatar. Nice choice!

QUOTE (redstar86 @ Jan 11 2005, 03:54 PM)
Love your avatar kazzman! It's hilarious. I actually have the Will Ferrell greatest hits, so I can appreciate this great avatar. Nice choice!

Thanks redstar86. What's the 86 stand for in your name? The year you were born?

I still enjoy the first one. Don't care much for the sequels, but the first is a classic.

When Brian Dennehy (the Sheriff) is at the "command post" and he's outlining his plan and all the men he's going to use, Richard Crenna (Col. Trautman) says, "If you send that many men, you better remember one thing." Dennehy: "What's that?" Trautman: "A good supply of body bags!" That is classic badass. cool.gif

First Blood is an all time classic. It's also based on a true story. I love this film but you can take all the blockbuster sequels and pour battery acid on them for all I care. They spoiled the character of Rambo by doing those sequels.