Risky Business

Ru5h F@n

Anyone remember this movie? I'm not a Tom Cruise fan but this was the only movie I liked that he was in. I watched it mainly for Rebecca De Mornay who was a babe at the time. Edited by Ru5h F@n

"Writer/Director 'Paul Brickman' had a completely different ending for the film with a rather pessimistic tone, with Joel being denied admission to Princeton and he and Lana sitting on the roof of a building overlooking the city pondering his future and hers, and for once Lana lets her guard down. The studio however, wanted a "feel good" ending, because this was the popular theme of teen movies at the time, so both versions were shot and shown to a test audience and it was agreed that their preference would be the ending for the film."

-IMDB, user trivia, but I have seen that story on TV documentaries, so I think its true

I was 14 when this movie came out. I remember clearly seeing it at the theater back in 1983 with a friend of mine and his parents.

This movie was tailor-made for 14 year olds and I was mesmerized throughout the whole thing. I just thought it was brilliant. It blew my little adolescent mind. yes.gif

Then, walking out of the theater, my friend's father (who was a very analytical, intellectual, academic sort) said dismissively, "it was a farce".

I remember being kind of shocked because I just had like a religious experience watching the movie, and he was dismissing it as if it was some piece of fluff. eh.gif

Ok, I still think it's a great movie, but it worked better for me as a 14-year old than now as 38-year old and I would hardly call watching it a religious experience these days. It wouldn't even make my list of top 200 movies (if I had one), but it's still a classic and a lot of fun when I happen to chance upon it...

Edited by rushgoober

The sex on the subway at the end was very... arousing. drool1.gif

I also like the X-rated send-up of it, "Kinky Business." laugh.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Jan 31 2008, 02:00 PM)
Hottie, great in Pulp Fiction!
ph34r.gif

Rebecca DeMornay wasn't in Pulp Fiction.

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 1 2008, 05:22 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 20 2007, 11:08 AM)
The sex on the subway at the end was very... arousing.  drool1.gif

You mean this...? yes.gif

Thanks. Now can I please have some Kleenex? drool1.gif

Just watched this movie again tonight. biggrin.gif Lot's of great memorable scenes. I must say I'm now inspired to have sex with a hot guy on a train at night. yes.gif drool1.gif

Guido the killer pimp was great!!!!!

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Dec 19 2007, 10:12 PM)
Anyone remember this movie? I'm not a Tom Cruise fan but this was the only movie I liked that he was in. I watched it mainly for Rebecca De Mornay who was a babe at the time.

Great film. If you dont like TCs films check out The Color Money, also a good film (IMO)..w/ Paul Newman.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ May 3 2009, 06:49 AM)
Guido the killer pimp was great!!!!!

" Oh great, i got a trig midterm at 8 o clock, and im being chased by Guido the killer pimp"..

laugh.gif

Edited by Xanadoood