Question about Star Wars

lerxt1990

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 1 2010, 10:44 PM)
Yeah, he's an actor famous for his award winning dialouge with a WOOKIE.  Great actor he is. 

Sorry... not impressed.

Yes, Harrison Ford has never done any movies other than Star Wars. Ever.

http://www.lamemovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

Apparently this guy is just a look-a-like, like Paul McCartney.

Yeah, that's what it is. I guess if I like 2.gif I HAVE to like Star Wars huh?

Now, here, you're just making youself look like an idiot because everyone can see that I never said anything like that.

Also, I can understand Star Wars being "not for me", but what I don't get is how you can come in here, put on the tough guy act, and violently shit your guts out all over this movie series and the fans of said movie series? If Star Wars was soooooo terrible, then why do all three films of the original series get such great critical acclaim consistently? I'm not talking about the ultra-obsessed fanboys who dress up like Yoda and go to orchestral concerts, the people who rate this movie so greatly are normally just your average, casual film fans who review movies. Would it also be safe to say that every person who likes Rush's music knows every lyric and has a closetful of Rush t-shirts? I don't think so.

I must add that your criticism of the fans of Star Wars is quite rude. How would you like it if I said everything you like makes you look idiotic and juvinile? Also, I'd call myself a casual fan of Star Wars, not some ultra-fanboy. So you've insulted all of the "casual or moderate Star Wars fans".

Rant over. cool.gif

Edited by Working Man

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Working Man @ Jan 1 2010, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 1 2010, 03:43 PM)
The rest of the idiots in these movies were NEVER considered thespians by any means.

Ever hear of Harrison Ford? confused13.gif

Yeah, he's an actor famous for his award winning dialouge with a WOOKIE. Great actor he is.

Sorry... not impressed.

So you've never seen or heard of Harrison Ford acting in any great movie other than Star Wars?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 1 2010, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 24 2007, 03:09 PM)
So, they bring in his burned carcass and have this getup all ready for him.  So was this all ready for the next f-cked up burned Sith that would come through the door?  Did they put together a series of off-the-shelf components?  I find this troubling...

I think you're over thinking it. It was some ventilator system is all. Might've been some standard issue thing. Who knows? Who cares? The mere fact that he was wearing it meant it came from somewhere...so why quibble about WHERE all of a sudden? You had to know it came from somewhere. Did we have to see orcs and the dark lord Saurumon pounding it out of iron to be convinced of its origin??

People just look for reasons to continually shit on the prequels. No one asked these question in the original series. He wore this, that guy wore that....and no one asked "where did it come from?? Why is it there??? Couldn't they just....?"

If were going to discuss things in the movie then we point out things that make no sense. Like a parsec being a unit of time. Like the stocking of a nazi-style disability suit. Like only ONE of the two driods having its memory wiped --- telling us that R2D2 had the whole answer the whole time.

If theyre going to weave this tale, why not inject some logic?

And yes, not kill a bunch of contractors on the new Death Star. "Death Star II - This Time, Its Personal. " z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Working Man @ Jan 2 2010, 03:50 PM)
Yeah, he's an actor famous for his award winning dialouge with a WOOKIE.  Great actor he is. 

Sorry... not impressed.

http://www.lamemovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

Now, here, you're just making youself look like an idiot because everyone can see that I never said anything like that.

Also, I can understand Star Wars being "not for me", but what I don't get is how you can come in here, put on the tough guy act, and violently shit your guts out all over this movie series and the fans of said movie series? If Star Wars was soooooo terrible, then why do all three films of the original series get such great critical acclaim consistently? I'm not talking about the ultra-obsessed fanboys who dress up like Yoda and go to orchestral concerts, the people who rate this movie so greatly are normally just your average, casual film fans who review movies. Would it also be safe to say that every person who likes Rush's music knows every lyric and has a closetful of Rush t-shirts? I don't think so.

I must add that your criticism of the fans of Star Wars is quite rude. How would you like it if I said everything you like makes you look idiotic and juvinile? Also, I'd call myself a casual fan of Star Wars, not some ultra-fanboy. So you've insulted all of the "casual or moderate Star Wars fans".

Rant over. cool.gif

I know Harrison has been in other movies. Pointing out the Indi movies as proof of what a great actor he is makes YOU look like the idiot, cuz he's even WORSE in those movies.

How can I come in here and shit on these "classic" movies? Cuz I can. It's a forum board and if you want to praise something, and I want to tear it to shit... guess what? I can. Until I get banned for it, I can, and usually will.

I don't bother any of you geeks in the Star Wars thread that has been around for years, but if you guys are gonna bicker about silly shit about a crap movie... then i'm gonna point out what huge dweebs you are. If you can't handle it... too bad.

You made some kind of suggestion that being that Rush writes sci-fi type stuff, I should be on board with something as lame as Star Wars. Where you can come up with that is beyond me. confused13.gif

Oh and the best part... in case you haven't noticed that none of the long time members say anything... is because it FRUSTRATES THE HELL out of you Star Wars geeks. I've even had ONE particular geek try to get me banned over it. wacko.gif

HOW can an adult take this shit SO seriously? I mean c'mon... it's fine for what it is... but it's NO classic movie. Had it not gotten the geek brigade to carry on the legacy, it would have been another decent series, but that's it. Plenty of sci-fi from that era that blew it away, but appealed to more of an adult crowd that didn't feel the need to play with toys and dress up in costumes to watch a movie.

Now I've got you calling me an idiot, and Pissto-digitation acting all cocky over a MOVIE. It's hilarious. I love it, and as long as there are geeks that will respond this way over a ridiculous movie... there will always be guys like me that LOVE to press their buttons.

moon.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 2 2010, 04:35 PM)

Sorry... not impressed.

Rant over. cool.gif

I know Harrison has been in other movies. Pointing out the Indi movies as proof of what a great actor he is makes YOU look like the idiot, cuz he's even WORSE in those movies.

How can I come in here and shit on these "classic" movies? Cuz I can. It's a forum board and if you want to praise something, and I want to tear it to shit... guess what? I can. Until I get banned for it, I can, and usually will.

I don't bother any of you geeks in the Star Wars thread that has been around for years, but if you guys are gonna bicker about silly shit about a crap movie... then i'm gonna point out what huge dweebs you are. If you can't handle it... too bad.

You made some kind of suggestion that being that Rush writes sci-fi type stuff, I should be on board with something as lame as Star Wars. Where you can come up with that is beyond me. confused13.gif

Oh and the best part... in case you haven't noticed that none of the long time members say anything... is because it FRUSTRATES THE HELL out of you Star Wars geeks. I've even had ONE particular geek try to get me banned over it. wacko.gif

HOW can an adult take this shit SO seriously? I mean c'mon... it's fine for what it is... but it's NO classic movie. Had it not gotten the geek brigade to carry on the legacy, it would have been another decent series, but that's it. Plenty of sci-fi from that era that blew it away, but appealed to more of an adult crowd that didn't feel the need to play with toys and dress up in costumes to watch a movie.

Now I've got you calling me an idiot, and Pissto-digitation acting all cocky over a MOVIE. It's hilarious. I love it, and as long as there are geeks that will respond this way over a ridiculous movie... there will always be guys like me that LOVE to press their buttons.

moon.gif

I never understood your tirades over Star Wars, what with you being such a big comic book fan and all. I'm not bashing comic books at all -- I like all kinds of fantasy art, be it books or movies about superheroes, sci-fi, etc. I'm also not saying you should like Star Wars just because you like comic books. But both deal with the classic good vs. evil theme, and both are pretty geeky (tongue.gif), so seeing you go off like this just seems funny to me. And a tad hypocritical.

Posted before, posting again. Gotta love it:

LOTR and Star Wars Geeks do battle in Clerks II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM

Triumh the Insult Dog goes upside Star Wars fans a-ses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugk37TvIR8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCtz4trJr_g&feature=related

I think Star Wars was a classic series of films, good fun. And like everything else, high functioning Rush fans can enjoy arguing about the details. trink39.gif

I'm going to just forget about everything else you said, because obviously we're not getting anywhere. But this still gets me.

You made some kind of suggestion that being that Rush writes sci-fi type stuff, I should be on board with something as lame as Star Wars.  Where you can come up with that is beyond me.  confused13.gif 

Please point out specifically where I have said that if you like Rush you must like Star Wars. Here's my post:

Hate to double post, but how can you honestly come on an internet forum dedicated to a band notorious for their songs about flying spaceships into black holes, and call other people nerds for liking Star Wars. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

I simply made an analogy. You're calling people nerds in a very hateful manner for liking Star Wars, yet Rush write songs about the science-fiction genre as well. I'm sure a lot of people would consider Rush nerdy, so your use of the terms "nerds" and "geeks" is a bit hypocritical. You wouldn't have sex with a man and then go on a anti-homosexual tirade the next day, would you?

Now, stop trying to make people look bad by putting words into their mouths please. Try to stay away from the strawman fallacy from now on.

Edited by Working Man

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 2 2010, 06:08 PM)

Sorry... not impressed.

Rant over. cool.gif

moon.gif

I never understood your tirades over Star Wars, what with you being such a big comic book fan and all. I'm not bashing comic books at all -- I like all kinds of fantasy art, be it books or movies about superheroes, sci-fi, etc. I'm also not saying you should like Star Wars just because you like comic books. But both deal with the classic good vs. evil theme, and both are pretty geeky (tongue.gif), so seeing you go off like this just seems funny to me. And a tad hypocritical.

Pssst. I'll let you in on a little secret... AGAIN. biggrin.gif

I don't really hate it. I hate the geeks that make it more than it is.

It all started with these two massive star wars freaks that would come into the comic shop I hung out at. They were intolerable. They'd immediately change whatever conversation we were having into Star Wars. I put up with it for many months, but no one in the group, even the ones that felt the way I felt, would speak up. Finally I did and it was nowhere near as belligerant as I can be on here, but they got ridiculously upset. I got a HUGE kick out of watching their frustration as I berated their sacred movie. Much like what happens here. You see these guys get so pissed that they start calling me names. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off about it, knowing that someone is pounding their keyboard in anger as they type a response to my bashes on a silly little movie.

I DO believe what I say about it though. It's far from being so good that it has such a following, and knowing that Lucas basically stole it and has become a billionaire in doing so... just irks the f**k out of me.

Awesome shows like Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles gets canned, while anything remotely associated to Star Wars gets massive success. Can't understand it.

As for the hypocritical part... i don't see it that way. If someone started a bash thread about Sara Connor, or Smallville, or Highlander (my all-time fave)... I might reply about it, but it wouldn't make me go nuts. I could care less. I know I get under these people's skin and that's enjoyment for me. The next time I do it, this will be forgotten and people will go apeshit AGAIN. And I'll laugh my ass off again. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 3 2010, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 2 2010, 06:08 PM)

Sorry... not impressed.

Rant over. cool.gif

moon.gif

Pssst. I'll let you in on a little secret... AGAIN. biggrin.gif

I don't really hate it. I hate the geeks that make it more than it is.

It all started with these two massive star wars freaks that would come into the comic shop I hung out at. They were intolerable. They'd immediately change whatever conversation we were having into Star Wars. I put up with it for many months, but no one in the group, even the ones that felt the way I felt, would speak up. Finally I did and it was nowhere near as belligerant as I can be on here, but they got ridiculously upset. I got a HUGE kick out of watching their frustration as I berated their sacred movie. Much like what happens here. You see these guys get so pissed that they start calling me names. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off about it, knowing that someone is pounding their keyboard in anger as they type a response to my bashes on a silly little movie.

I DO believe what I say about it though. It's far from being so good that it has such a following, and knowing that Lucas basically stole it and has become a billionaire in doing so... just irks the f**k out of me.

Awesome shows like Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles gets canned, while anything remotely associated to Star Wars gets massive success. Can't understand it.

As for the hypocritical part... i don't see it that way. If someone started a bash thread about Sara Connor, or Smallville, or Highlander (my all-time fave)... I might reply about it, but it wouldn't make me go nuts. I could care less. I know I get under these people's skin and that's enjoyment for me. The next time I do it, this will be forgotten and people will go apeshit AGAIN. And I'll laugh my ass off again. biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/spock.jpg

tongue.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 4 2010, 01:45 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 3 2010, 10:58 AM)
It all started with these two massive star wars freaks that would come into the comic shop I hung out at. 

So these Star Wars nerds were even geekier than the usual comic store nerds? tongue.gif

Far more geekier. Comics are not written for kids anymore. Most people without a college education couldn't follow the stuff I read.

Star wars, on the other hand, was MADE for kids. I kinda liked it when I was twelve or whatever I was when I finally seen it, but when I took my kids to see it during the re-release... it was CLEAR that the movie did not stand the test of time. It was horribly dorky and just a step above Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Actually... the Rangers were better actors at least.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 4 2010, 02:25 PM)
Star Wars is the best thing ever, and should be talked about as much as possible.

yes.gif

I rest my case.

"the BEST thing EVER". Oooooookay Cocky. Glad to see that here's another Star Wars geek that's never had sex.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 4 2010, 04:40 PM)
Star Wars is the best thing ever, and should be talked about as much as possible.

yes.gif

I rest my case.

"the BEST thing EVER". Oooooookay Cocky. Glad to see that here's another Star Wars geek that's never had sex.

z7shysterical.gif

Since we're into absurd generalities....

All posters with PowerPuff Girls in their signatures are gay. sarcasm.gif

I mean when does it end?

This is boring as hell to me......if you want to waste your time typing useless drivel and ruining everyone's threads have at it. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 4 2010, 05:14 PM)

yes.gif

I rest my case.

z7shysterical.gif

I mean when does it end?

This is boring as hell to me......if you want to waste your time typing useless drivel and ruining everyone's threads have at it. eyesre4.gif

Then stop taking the bait. wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 4 2010, 06:14 PM)

yes.gif

I rest my case.

z7shysterical.gif

I mean when does it end?

Okay, so then by your remark... i'm gay. But that remark pretty much precludes that i've at least had some sort of sex, be it gay sex, still sex.

MY remark precludes that Star Wars geeks who think that Star Wars is the BEST thing ever, must never have had sex of ANY kind. Well... at least with another person anyway.

So PowerPuff fans still not as dorky as Star Wars fans. moon.gif

Oh... i don't go into the long running Star Wars thread that fans go to all the time. I just bash on any stupid auxillery threads that are not needed.

Pssst. Don't listen to 1-0-0-1. no.gif KEEP taking the bait. It's so much fun for me.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 4 2010, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 4 2010, 06:14 PM)

yes.gif

I rest my case.

z7shysterical.gif

I mean when does it end?

Okay, so then by your remark... i'm gay. But that remark pretty much precludes that i've at least had some sort of sex, be it gay sex, still sex.

MY remark precludes that Star Wars geeks who think that Star Wars is the BEST thing ever, must never have had sex of ANY kind. Well... at least with another person anyway.

So PowerPuff fans still not as dorky as Star Wars fans. moon.gif

Oh... i don't go into the long running Star Wars thread that fans go to all the time. I just bash on any stupid auxillery threads that are not needed.

Pssst. Don't listen to 1-0-0-1. no.gif KEEP taking the bait. It's so much fun for me.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I still think Star Wars and comic books are equally geeky, and I still think you're just as much of a geek as these SW fans (not that there's anything wrong with that -- I'm a casual fan of both). I've seen pics of the people who attend both comics and SW conventions. I've seen them dress up in costumes. Both are VERY GEEKY. Make no mistake.

Mind you, the Ewoks and Jar Jar are far geekier than anything you'd find in a comic book, and deserve extra ridicule...but many hardcore SW fans would agree with that.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 4 2010, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 4 2010, 05:14 PM)

yes.gif

I rest my case.

z7shysterical.gif

I mean when does it end?

Then stop taking the bait. wink.gif

Great way to deal with trolling. It's YOUR fault. trink39.gif

Got it.