Beowulf in 3D

Ya_Big_Tree

Last night I saw the premiere of Beowulf in 3D! It's was so awesome! The entrie movie is in 3D and instead of just doing typical 3D tricks like making the audience see things coming at them, it made you feel like you were in the movie and you were experiencing it first hand.

The story was great, Grendel is done very well. At times I actually forgot it was CGI and thought it was live action. I enjoyed it more than 300 as far as story goes.

You should go and see it, it's quite a ride.

biggrin.gif

A visual feast to be sure and the story was well done although I didn't really get the ending. The 3-D was so well done that I jumped & ducked several times because...damn that spear was coming right at me!

I hope it's a financial success so more movies can be made with that technology.

A friend that I speak to over in Canada said she went to see Beowulf in 3D and it left her feeling so motion sick that she had to pull the car over on the ride home.

Bless though! smile.gif

EDIT: Grammar change.

Edited by nimagraven

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 20 2007, 09:28 PM)
These reviews surprise me. The only person I know who's seen it said it sucked. I had resigned myself to skipping it, but now I'm not sure.

Don't skip it. It's worth a matinee show at the least just for the visual entertainment if nothing else.

I want to see it again except at an Imax theater.

hello, just got back from watching Beowulf in 3D...

I must say, my expectations were higher.

the movie itself was good, but the 3D was rather weak

one time was enough for me... I'll think I wait a couple years to go see a next 3D pic, way to expensive also!!!