What makeup colours suit a redhead?

RockAngel

Hi ladies

I've changed my hair colour from natural blonde to a red auburn and its really warmed up my complexion. I've got very dark brown eyes and my skin is fair/medium. I'm stuck in a rut with my makeup and still using the colours i had when i was blonde.

Can someone maybe suggest different colours for me to try, from eyeshadows, blush and lipsticks etc?

Got a ( non Rush fists crying.gif ) gig in December and wanna glam up a bit. I'm normally just a tinted moisturiser and lipgloss kinda gal laugh.gif tongue.gif

false redhead with brown eyes here too laugh.gif I usually use different shades of plum/purples, with a cream coloured base on the upper lid/brow area on the eyes, with a red or peachy kinda lipstick, and peach toned blush....hope that helps!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 25 2007, 05:06 AM)
false redhead with brown eyes here too laugh.gif I usually use different shades of plum/purples, with a cream coloured base on the upper lid/brow area on the eyes, with a red or peachy kinda lipstick, and peach toned blush....hope that helps!

Hi

Thanks for that, i'll have to play makeup now and try em! tongue.gif laugh.gif

For the eyes, Almay has a line of eye make-up to enhance your own eye colour.

Bring Out The Brown or Play Up The Brown would work well, I think. You could likely use the Hazel colours, as well.

I have green eyes, and I love the make-up for green eyes... really does make the colour "pop"...

Plus, and what a bonus for sensitive eyes, It's all hypoallergenic (or however you spell it...)

If ya wanna get extra glam, I found that berry or wine colours look great on the lips of a red-head! Very dramatic, very pretty.

But yeah, definatly play with it all, see what you like!

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Oct 25 2007, 11:53 AM)
For the eyes, Almay has a line of eye make-up to enhance your own eye colour.
Bring Out The Brown or Play Up The Brown would work well, I think. You could likely use the Hazel colours, as well.

I have green eyes, and I love the make-up for green eyes... really does make the colour "pop"...

Plus, and what a bonus for sensitive eyes, It's all hypoallergenic (or however you spell it...)

If ya wanna get extra glam, I found that berry or wine colours look great on the lips of a red-head! Very dramatic, very pretty.

But yeah, definatly play with it all, see what you like!

that sounds great! Thanks! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Oct 25 2007, 01:07 PM)
Makeup? unsure.gif

yeah normally i'm like Herman Munster's sister but think i need an overhaul tongue.gif

Im a natural redhead. Try using warmer tones if you want to add some colour. Other than that, peachy, or light green, sparkly gloss over the eyes is good with some pinky lip gloss over your lips. Always make sure to use mascara, black is most dramatic. Hope that helps smile.gif

I just bleached that black/purple out of my hair and presently am a strawberry blond.....

I just use mascrara and a bit of browns or pinks eyeshadow....seems ok

I'm just really a non makeup person. I hate when you see some women with shiny eyeshadow, clumpy lashes and that jammy looking bright red lipstick 062802puke_prv.gif

You look better natural!!!!

LOL but what do I know?

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Oct 30 2007, 03:59 AM)
I just bleached that black/purple out of my hair and presently am a strawberry blond.....

I'm just really a non makeup person. I hate when you see some women with shiny eyeshadow, clumpy lashes and that jammy looking bright red lipstick 062802puke_prv.gif

LOL but what do I know?

Ever seen Britney Spears with no make-up? rofl3.gif

LOL but what do I know?

If i'm not going anywhere special, i tend to only use tinted moisturiser. I remember going shoppin one day and bumpin into a mate of mine. I hadnt bothered putting on any makeup at all and she got all concerned cos she said i looked ill!!! oops.gif rofl3.gif

So moral of this story.. if i dont want to look like Herman Munster's sister on her death bed... i need to wear something to put colour in my cheeks! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Oct 29 2007, 10:59 PM)

LOL but what do I know?

ohmy.gif

you bleached it back!!!??????????!!!!

what fer???

re: makeup... you can always go and consult with a professional at a salon/apa or make up counter at any department store. MOST of those people SHOULD know their shit when it comes to using the correct colors for your skin tone.

and that's the key. it doesn't matter what color your hair is, it's your skin tone that you have to consider when choosing the correct colors.

it should cost you NOTHING to consult... but ask them first before you get into any consultation.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 30 2007, 12:14 PM)

LOL but what do I know?

ohmy.gif

what fer???

re: makeup... you can always go and consult with a professional at a salon/apa or make up counter at any department store. MOST of those people SHOULD know their shit when it comes to using the correct colors for your skin tone.

and that's the key. it doesn't matter what color your hair is, it's your skin tone that you have to consider when choosing the correct colors.

it should cost you NOTHING to consult... but ask them first before you get into any consultation.

I dunno...I get bored easily confused13.gif

It had 3 diff colours in it by the time I applied the bleach this weekend LOL

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Oct 30 2007, 08:50 AM)

LOL but what do I know?

Ever seen Britney Spears with no make-up? rofl3.gif

No?

Are you saying I look like shite?

That's okay, I'm too old to care biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Oct 30 2007, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 30 2007, 12:14 PM)

LOL but what do I know?

ohmy.gif

what fer???

I dunno...I get bored easily confused13.gif

It had 3 diff colours in it by the time I applied the bleach this weekend LOL

wow! i wasn't expecting you to change it so soon!!! biggrin.gif

you and daughter would get along famously well!!! yes.gif

remember when she was THIS ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/family%20and%20personal%20photos/ryansDO.jpg

well... now... she looks like THIS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/family%20and%20personal%20photos/DSC01533.jpg

yup....

now... what kind or colors of make up would ya'll suggest for THAT hair color????

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 31 2007, 12:21 PM)

wow! i wasn't expecting you to change it so soon!!! biggrin.gif

you and daughter would get along famously well!!! yes.gif

remember when she was THIS ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/family%20and%20personal%20photos/ryansDO.jpg

well... now... she looks like THIS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/family%20and%20personal%20photos/DSC01533.jpg

yup....

now... what kind or colors of make up would ya'll suggest for THAT hair color????
rofl3.gif

No makeup.

She looks beautiful already yes.gif

Archived