Wolfmother

xredsectorx

I was lucky to hear them live while working at the bumper boats at Centreville amusement park during V-fest last year. That was my first exposure to them. 1022.gif So metal!

But you gotta take the lumps with the good. That same day I was introduced to Thrice the exact same way. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

There is really nothing special at all about this band. Wolfmother isn't terrible, but it's just a case of "if I want to hear this kind of music, I'm going to just go to the source and listen to Zeppelin or Sabbath."

The White Stripes are wayyyyyy better than Wolfmother.

i think they are pretty good, and yes, you can just go listen to Zeppelin or Sabbath and hear pretty much the same thing, but the main reason i like them is that they really aren't like the rest of the new bands out there. they use alot of organs in there songs and one track even has a flute solo. i just think its really cool to hear a new band breaking the mold of today's rock. cause in my opinion, most of the new bands suck.

QUOTE (guitarman_2112 @ Oct 9 2007, 04:57 PM)
i think they are pretty good, and yes, you can just go listen to Zeppelin or Sabbath and hear pretty much the same thing, but the main reason i like them is that they really aren't like the rest of the new bands out there. they use alot of organs in there songs and one track even has a flute solo. i just think its really cool to hear a new band breaking the mold of today's rock. cause in my opinion, most of the new bands suck.

Well said...i think thats why i like them....new band but plays like sabbath...has a voice similar to ozzy too....voice can get a little annoying but the music all in all is pretty decent!

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 9 2007, 05:18 PM)
There is really nothing special at all about this band. Wolfmother isn't terrible, but it's just a case of "if I want to hear this kind of music, I'm going to just go to the source and listen to Zeppelin or Sabbath."

The White Stripes are wayyyyyy better than Wolfmother.

goodpost.gif

Definitely! The White Stripes are the real deal. Jack White was simply born a few decades too late. biggrin.gif

All the rest of the bands out there (The Killers, The Strokes, Wolfmother, etc.) are just trying to cop the sound of the old rock and roll, blues and country and western artists. The White Stripes have their own sound that is still in the vein of all that classic music, just as if they had been around during its heyday.

Can't stand them! I don't understand and don't think it's fair the commercial success they're having when I know of at least two modern Classic Rock bands who are 100x better.

Check these out...

www.myspace.com/theanswerrocks

www.myspace.com/rosehilldrive

And then tell my Wolfmother are good.

Archived