The Official 2007/08 NHL thread

pt2112

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 4 2008, 12:15 PM)
Vancouver eliminated from playoff contention.....and I'm not even upset or anything. Why? Because as Canucks fans, this is what we're used to. Our team has a good playoff run every other decade, just to keep us loyal n' shit. So in the mean time (12-16 years) between memorable playoff runs, we still sell out home games every night, buy millions of dollars worth of merchandise and apparal only to see our beloved team fail again and again.

Now if that doesn't make perfect sense.....then what does?

So long Markus, Brendan, Mathias and a few others. Thanks for Jack Shit.

That sounds an awful lot like being a Cub fan. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Apr 4 2008, 01:34 PM)
That describes the Leafs in a nutshell as well, I think.

Pretty much. This year I did not care that much when the Leafs were eliminated. Last year I could have killed somebody though. laugh.gif

I guess it really doesn't matter to Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, no matter what they will ALWAYS make money.

Just another example of Bettman's incompetence -

Last regular season game of the year on NBC on Sunday, the only national broadcast for the NHL and who do you have playing? 2 teams who absolutely have nothing to play for; The Red Wings against the Blackhawks - The ratings will be horrible -

I know this has been a set schedule but when they sat down last year to decide the schedule did they really think this would be the best matchup on the final day?

When is he going to get his head out of his rear or more importantly when are the Owners going to pull their collective heads out of their arses and fire the bum?

http://www.firebettman.com/

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 4 2008, 08:43 PM)
Just another example of Bettman's incompetence -

Last regular season game of the year on NBC on Sunday, the only national broadcast for the NHL and who do you have playing?  2 teams who absolutely have nothing to play for; The Red Wings against the Blackhawks - The ratings will be horrible -

I know this has been a set schedule but when they sat down last year to decide the schedule did they really think this would be the best matchup on the final day? 

When is he going to get his head out of his rear or more importantly when are the Owners going to pull their collective heads out of their arses and fire the bum?

http://www.firebettman.com/

Wow, the Flyers Pens Sunday game was scheduled for NBC here but now i see it scheduled on local Comcast with NBC's game a TBA at the moment. wacko.gif

Flyers shut out the Devils 3-0 + Florida beats Carolina = PLAYOFFS!!! trink38.gif I don't remember the last time I saw Brodeur flip and flop around as he did tonight (before he got yanked, that is). Flyers were on fire tonight. From a nightmare worst ever finish last year to the playoffs. applaudit.gif Kudos to GM Holmgren- there's a few including Bill Clement that called the Flyers the most improved team early on. trink39.gif

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/untitled-1.jpg

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 4 2008, 08:59 PM)
Flyers shut out the Devils 3-0 + Florida beats Carolina = PLAYOFFS!!! trink38.gif I don't remember the last time I saw Brodeur flip and flop around as he did tonight (before he got yanked, that is). Flyers were on fire tonight. From a nightmare worst ever finish last year to the playoffs. applaudit.gif Kudos to GM Holmgren- there's a few including Bill Clement that called the Flyers the most improved team early on. trink39.gif

Yeah brodeur was flipping and flopping but it wasn't his fault - He got absolutely no support - Devils outshot 3 to 1 by the Flyers -

Whats with the Flyers announcers sceaming "goal for another case of tasty cakes?" it's pretty damn annoying, at least wait till the excitement has died down to say; "that goal just gave a case of tasty cakes to whoever" -

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 5 2008, 08:31 PM)
YESSSSS GUY!!!!!    1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Caps win SE Division title!  1287.gif  cheer.gif  1022.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif I am jazzed beyond words - Caps are much more exciting than the Canes -

HABS IN FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif Al Gore attended the game and said the Habs fans were the greatest he's ever seen or heard !!!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

I'm officially jumping on the Habs bandwagon.....

Allez allez bleu, blanc et rouge!!

Nice win against the Blackhawks!!

WAY TO GO WINGS!!!

btw... i was having lunch with a friend on saturday and saw Hasek at the restaurant we went to...

i *tried* to take a pic, but it wasn't with my camera, so i don't know yet if it even turned out...

Good luck boys against Nashville on Thursday!!!

bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 7 2008, 05:23 AM)

btw... i was having lunch with a friend on saturday and saw Hasek at the restaurant we went to...
i *tried* to take a pic, but it wasn't with my camera, so i don't know yet if it even turned out...

Good thing it wasn't with your camera. Hasek is not a very handsome man, he probably would have cracked your camera lens or something.

bolt.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 5 2008, 06:46 PM)

HABS IN FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif Al Gore attended the game and said the Habs fans were the greatest he's ever seen or heard !!!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

GO HABS GO!!!!

Canucks Set To Make Agent Mike Gillis New Gm

The Vancouver Canucks are poised to make Mike Gillis their new general manager.

According to a Global Television report, the club is expected to make the official announcement on Wednesday.

Gillis is currently a player agent. He also played 246 games in the NHL with the Colorado Rockies and Boston Bruins.

The Canucks fired former general manager Dave Nonis on April 14th after the team failed to make the playoffs.

Good, bad?

WOW, what a game!! Biron stood tall. What a wild series!! Hats off to the Caps who played em tough. See ya soon Habs biggrin.gif

WOOHOO!!! FLYERS!!! WE WIN!!! bncegrn.gif 1022.gif applaudit.gif

Here's one testy will like:

McPhee: Capitals have Boudrea 'under contract'

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) -Coach Bruce Boudreau has been given a contract to stay with the Washington Capitals, a reward for leading the team from last in the NHL to a Southeast Division title.

Capitals general manager George McPhee said Wednesday: "He's our coach. He's under contract ... for a long time."

McPhee says it's his policy not to discuss details of coaches' contracts.

Boudreau, a career minor league coach, was promoted from the AHL's Hershey Bears to replace the fired Glen Hanlon in late November, when the Capitals were a league-worst 6-14-1. They went 37-17-7 under Boudreau to make the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

The Capitals lost to Philadelphia 3-2 in overtime in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal Tuesday night.

AM640 Toronto Radio Breaking News...

TSN is reporting that Paul Maurice has been fired as head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Associate coach Randy Ladouceur has also reportedly been fired. So far there is no word on a replacement.

Archived