Meatballs!

lerxt1990

So what am I watching now on cable? MEATBALLS!

Classic movie with Bill Murray, and Chris Makepeace. Makepeace also starred in My Bodyguard!:

http://www.movieactors.com/photos/meatballs9.jpeg

http://www.chrismakepeace.homestead.com/files/chris_makepeace_crack1.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

Hysterical movie. I'll never tire of watching it.

Favorite lines -

Tripper (on PA): Attention. Here's an update on tonight's dinner. It was veal. I repeat, veal. The winner of tonight's Mystery Meat Contest is Jeffrey Corbin, who guessed "some kind of beef."

----

Wendy: Tripper, I'm looking forward to some action this summer. I hope you can supply it.

Tripper: I'll supply it for you, but the guy you gotta watch out for is Spaz!

Wendy: Spaz?

Tripper: He's a sex machine!

Wendy: He couldn't wake me up with a trumpet and a drum!

Tripper: Well I went out with him one night and he got off six nurses by himself, and four of them couldn't report to work the next morning!

-----

Tripper (on PA): Important announcement: Some hunters have been seen in the woods near Piney Ridge Trail and the Fish and Game Commission has raised the legal kill limit on campers to three. So, if you're hiking today, please wear something bright and keep low. Good luck.

-----

Tripper: Kids are starving in India and you're walking around with a sombrero full of peanuts... I hope you sleep well. Next time, we play for bigger stakes... zucchini!

-----

When Tripper poses as "Jerry Aldini, program director for Camp Mohawk" while speaking to a reporter... man! That's some funny stuff! Here it is:

wow! i forgot about this comedy classic!!

great taste in movies, indeed!

applaudit.gif

This is a movie that I grew up on. When I was about 13, around 1982, I was given a VHS tape with Meatballs and Caddychack on it. Of course Caddyshack became one of my favorites of all time, but Meatballs was way up there, too. I have quote almost as many lines from Meatballs as from Caddyshack, and, looking back, it probably subliminally inspired me to become a camp counselor for 3 summers while I was in college, the third year being at a sleepaway camp in Pennsylvania.

Also, this movie, in no small way, help me in meeting my wife. She had put up a perosnal on the net, in which she said she was looking for a professional with a Bill Murray sense of humor. When I wrote back, I was able to reference Meatballs and Caddyshack. She later told me that she recieved hundreds of replies to her personal, but that I was the only person to mention Bill Murray, and so she replied to me.

So I say Cheers to a great movie!!! trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Chris

QUOTE (R30Chris @ Sep 3 2007, 09:39 PM)
This is a movie that I grew up on. When I was about 13, around 1982, I was given a VHS tape with Meatballs and Caddychack on it. Of course Caddyshack became one of my favorites of all time, but Meatballs was way up there, too. I have quote almost as many lines from Meatballs as from Caddyshack, and, looking back, it probably subliminally inspired me to become a camp counselor for 3 summers while I was in college, the third year being at a sleepaway camp in Pennsylvania.

Also, this movie, in no small way, help me in meeting my wife. She had put up a perosnal on the net, in which she said she was looking for a professional with a Bill Murray sense of humor. When I wrote back, I was able to reference Meatballs and Caddyshack. She later told me that she recieved hundreds of replies to her personal, but that I was the only person to mention Bill Murray, and so she replied to me.

So I say Cheers to a great movie!!! trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Chris

Great story!!!

this is one of those movies that I remember seeing bits and pieces of on tv and/or cable growing up, but I honestly can't remember ever seeing the entire movie. I might have to see this sometime...

btw, LOVED Chris Makepeace in My Bodyguard - that was a great long lost classic from my childhood. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 4 2007, 10:13 AM)
this is one of those movies that I remember seeing bits and pieces of on tv and/or cable growing up, but I honestly can't remember ever seeing the entire movie. I might have to see this sometime...

btw, LOVED Chris Makepeace in My Bodyguard - that was a great long lost classic from my childhood. yes.gif

"My Bodyguard" is also one of my favorites from my younger days.

Chris Makepeace and Adam Baldwin were terrific, and were expected to go far. Makepeace made one or two more small films ("Mazes and Monsters" with Tom Hanks was one) and hosted some Nicklelodeon show (I think) before disappearing, and Baldwin practically fell off the map until the cult TV show "Firefly."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 4 2007, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 4 2007, 10:13 AM)
this is one of those movies that I remember seeing bits and pieces of on tv and/or cable growing up, but I honestly can't remember ever seeing the entire movie.  I might have to see this sometime...

"My Bodyguard" is also one of my favorites from my younger days.

Chris Makepeace and Adam Baldwin were terrific, and were expected to go far. Makepeace made one or two more small films ("Mazes and Monsters" with Tom Hanks was one) and hosted some Nicklelodeon show (I think) before disappearing, and Baldwin practically fell off the map until the cult TV show "Firefly."

Yeah, I couldnt even get a recent photo of Makepeace - he dissapeared! My bodyguard was a classic for sure. "Watch out for the boogers under the desk. The fresh ones can gove you hepatitus!"