Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 8 2006, 08:33 PM)
Too bad Palmer got injured. I think it would have been a more enjoyable game to watch if that had not happened.

i wasn't entirely convinced that he was blocked into palmer no.gif

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 7 2006, 10:28 PM)
I wont be around tomorrow, we are thinking about going to tailgate in Cincinnati for the game and if we can find cheap seats we are going to the game and if not watching it at a bar near by the stadium.

Anyway, this should be a great game!!! I love playoffs@!!!!!

The Steelers better win or I will be crushed once again!!!!!!

My final prediction

Steelers 24
Bengals 17

Steelers 31

Bengals 17

I had the Bengals score right but the I underestimated the Steelers by a touchdown. Still, once again, a pretty close prediction. I know my Steelers yes.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 10 2006, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 7 2006, 10:28 PM)
I wont be around tomorrow, we are thinking about going to tailgate in Cincinnati for the game and if we can find cheap seats we are going to the game and if not watching it at a bar near by the stadium.

Anyway, this should be a great game!!! I love playoffs@!!!!!

The Steelers better win or I will be crushed once again!!!!!!

My final prediction

Steelers 24
Bengals 17

Steelers 31

Bengals 17

I had the Bengals score right but the I underestimated the Steelers by a touchdown. Still, once again, a pretty close prediction. I know my Steelers yes.gif

...So what's your prediction for the Colts game?? tongue.gif

Away also...

on a roll, Colts stumbling a little...

unsure.gif

I hope the Steelers can turn them over wink.gif

Steelers 23-21 Colts - a FG in the last minute smile.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 10 2006, 10:50 PM)
not too often you see an englishman into america football no.gif do i sense a passion for the sport?

We get two games shown live each week on Sky Sports.

I've been following the NFL since the 1992/3 season cool.gif

I actually learned the rules on a computer game (for the Amiga) and played the computer game before even seeing one on TV.

The first TD I ever saw was a 102yd interception return.

I think it was the Atlanta Falcons against Washington Redskins.

k, it might not have been 102 yards, but it was a long way laugh.gif (just trying to find it)

Edited by rickyrob

Ok, time again for my Steeler prediction. Wheeeew this is a hard one. It would be so easy to go with Indy going by the last time they met up, and how well Indy played this year. I only predicted the Steelers to lose 2 times in the last 2 years so my record is like 28 wins and 4 loses which is pretty spectacular if you ask me. OK, enough stroking my own ego, it's time to get down to business. OK, here it goes.

I have a feeling that the Steelers are going to upset the colts. The colts are coming off a bye week which can be good, or it can be bad. The Steelers are coming off a 5 game winning streak which is good I think. It's in Indy so that's another advantage. The Steelers will go with a silent snap count so that should help the crowd noise. I can't bring myself to pick the Colts because I think they will lose this week. If the Steelers can win the turnover battle then I think they will win it.

Steelers 28

Colts 24

I like Cower and I like the Steelers team. I love the approach of ball control with a punishing running game along with a stingy degense. However, the Steelers are in big trouble this week. I don't think that this match up is good for them. The Colts are a focused team playing on that track field of gridiron. I expect a blowout.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I know that it may seem strange for me to like the Steelers but if they are to somehow pull this one out they must......

Start the game with Sweeps and a down field passing game. Try to throw the Colts off balance and tire them. If they can keep the game close at halftime, then they can begin to wear down the Colts with the Bus. At that point and time they will be able to begin their punishing ball control game. I don't see it happening though.

Good luck Steelers.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 13 2006, 08:44 AM)
I like Cower and I like the Steelers team. I love the approach of ball control with a punishing running game along with a stingy degense. However, the Steelers are in big trouble this week. I don't think that this match up is good for them. The Colts are a focused team playing on that track field of gridiron. I expect a blowout.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I know that it may seem strange for me to like the Steelers but if they are to somehow pull this one out they must......

Start the game with Sweeps and a down field passing game. Try to throw the Colts off balance and tire them. If they can keep the game close at halftime, then they can begin to wear down the Colts with the Bus. At that point and time they will be able to begin their punishing ball control game. I don't see it happening though.

Good luck Steelers.

I agree 100%

I feel that for the Steelers to pull this one off they must also win the turnover game and play mistake free football. Easier said than done I know. The colts have one of the best giveaway takeaway ratios and that's one main reason they have the best record in football. The Steelers also have a decent ratio. The Steelers only way to win is to take away the ball a couple more times and a little luck won't hurt either. laugh.gif

I'd like for them to win but a good game to watch is all I can ask for at this point, a win would be a bonus. If they lose it wouldn't be a shocker or anything but if they won I wouldn't be shocked either. That's why the games are played, if they don't beat the colts then they shouldn't be in the super bowl anyway. If they do beat them then I hope they get the respect they deserve. I'm just happy they are in the position to have a chance to the super bowl. Only 4 AFC teams left and one is my team so I am happy at this point.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 13 2006, 06:57 PM)
I like Cower and I like the Steelers team.  I love the approach of ball control with a punishing running game along with a stingy degense.  However, the Steelers are in big trouble this week.  I don't think that this match up is good for them.  The Colts are a focused team playing on that track field of gridiron.  I expect a blowout.

Start the game with Sweeps and a down field passing game. Try to throw the Colts off balance and tire them.  If they can keep the game close at halftime, then they can begin to wear down the Colts with the Bus.  At that point and time they will be able to begin their punishing ball control game.  I don't see it happening though.

Good luck Steelers.

I agree 100%

I feel that for the Steelers to pull this one off they must also win the turnover game and play mistake free football. Easier said than done I know. The colts have one of the best giveaway takeaway ratios and that's one main reason they have the best record in football. The Steelers also have a decent ratio. The Steelers only way to win is to take away the ball a couple more times and a little luck won't hurt either. laugh.gif

I'd like for them to win but a good game to watch is all I can ask for at this point, a win would be a bonus. If they lose it wouldn't be a shocker or anything but if they won I wouldn't be shocked either. That's why the games are played, if they don't beat the colts then they shouldn't be in the super bowl anyway. If they do beat them then I hope they get the respect they deserve. I'm just happy they are in the position to have a chance to the super bowl. Only 4 AFC teams left and one is my team so I am happy at this point.

I don't hold out much hope for the Steelers on this one, the only weakness of the Steelers I can see is maybe against the passing game and Manning just may go pass crazy on this one. I think Ike Taylor will cover Harrison and do a reasonable job with help from Polamalu, but I expect Reggie Wayne to have big game here, with Clark, James and Stokely chipping in.

Again it will be defence which will win this game though, ...like you say if the Steelers can establish the run then they have a chance with the passing game opening up. But the Colts pass rush maybe too much for them.

The first quarter will be critical, if the Colts get off to a good start then the Steelers are buried.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 13 2006, 01:57 PM)
I like Cower and I like the Steelers team.  I love the approach of ball control with a punishing running game along with a stingy degense.  However, the Steelers are in big trouble this week.  I don't think that this match up is good for them.  The Colts are a focused team playing on that track field of gridiron.  I expect a blowout.

Start the game with Sweeps and a down field passing game. Try to throw the Colts off balance and tire them.  If they can keep the game close at halftime, then they can begin to wear down the Colts with the Bus.  At that point and time they will be able to begin their punishing ball control game.  I don't see it happening though.

Good luck Steelers.

I agree 100%

You're right. At least you are in. My team will be watching the games.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 12 2006, 08:33 PM)
Ok, time again for my Steeler prediction. Wheeeew this is a hard one. It would be so easy to go with Indy going by the last time they met up, and how well Indy played this year. I only predicted the Steelers to lose 2 times in the last 2 years so my record is like 28 wins and 4 loses which is pretty spectacular if you ask me. OK, enough stroking my own ego, it's time to get down to business. OK, here it goes.

I have a feeling that the Steelers are going to upset the colts. The colts are coming off a bye week which can be good, or it can be bad. The Steelers are coming off a 5 game winning streak which is good I think. It's in Indy so that's another advantage. The Steelers will go with a silent snap count so that should help the crowd noise. I can't bring myself to pick the Colts because I think they will lose this week. If the Steelers can win the turnover battle then I think they will win it.

Steelers 28
Colts 24

wow indy what a shocking prediction ! i hope they do beat um.would,nt you love a nice trip to denver , asnwer yes.gif

1022.gif bake the rolls !

OK, Steeler fans. it's go time!!! Good luck!!!

If there were any Indy fans I would say good luck but I never met a true Indy fan in my life. That may change if they win the super bowl this year. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 15 2006, 01:00 PM)

If there were any Indy fans I would say good luck but I never met a true Indy fan in my life. That may change if they win the super bowl this year. laugh.gif

Here we go!

Steelers 7

Colts 0

cheer.gif

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Jan 15 2006, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 15 2006, 01:00 PM)

If there were any Indy fans I would say good luck but I never met a true Indy fan in my life. That may change if they win the super bowl this year.  laugh.gif

Here we go!

Steelers 7

Colts 0

cheer.gif

14-0

I'm likin what I'm seeing!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe!!!!!!!!!!