ADMINISTRATIVE NOTICE RE: NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK

Jack Aubrey

OK, we've got a lot of Harry Potter fans here and I know you are all very excited about the new book and are going to want to discuss it in here and that's fine.

However.

If you are going to discuss plot details you WILL restrict the discussion to designated spoiler threads. If you want to start a new thread, that's OK, but if your post includes spoilers and you do not put a spoiler warning in the thread title I will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Thank you for your time.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 20 2007, 05:24 PM)
Who is Harry Potter?

Well damn... I was gonna post the Harry Potter uncyclopedia page as a joke, but it has pretty much an entire list of book seven spoilers in huge font at the top of the page...

I'm not sure if they're true or not, but anyone who enjoys both Harry Potter and uncyclopedia... be warned. DO NOT visit the uncyclopedia article. However, after you read book seven, or if you just don't care, I highly recommend reading the page... it has some funny stuff.

Oh well... I was never planning on reading them anyway laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 20 2007, 03:47 PM)
I will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Thank you for your time.

too funny tongue.gif

I heard that in the latest Potter book, Harry becomes a 2.gif fan and decides to leave hogwarts to join the band on the road. He meets a ton of NWW and winds up leaving magic behind for good so that he can join TRF and "wave his magic wand".

Oooops... Spoiler again. Damn Jack.... i'm sorry. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 20 2007, 09:57 PM)
I heard that in the latest Potter book, Harry becomes a 2.gif fan and decides to leave hogwarts to join the band on the road. He meets a ton of NWW and winds up leaving magic behind for good so that he can join TRF and "wave his magic wand".

Oooops... Spoiler again. Damn Jack.... i'm sorry. biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 20 2007, 09:57 PM)
I heard that in the latest Potter book, Harry becomes a 2.gif fan and decides to leave hogwarts to join the band on the road.  He meets a ton of NWW and winds up leaving magic behind for good so that he can join TRF and "wave his magic wand". 

Oooops... Spoiler again.  Damn Jack.... i'm sorry.  biggrin.gif

This would make the rushettes happy! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 20 2007, 04:47 PM)
OK, we've got a lot of Harry Potter fans here and I know you are all very excited about the new book and are going to want to discuss it in here and that's fine.

However.

If you are going to discuss plot details you WILL restrict the discussion to designated spoiler threads. If you want to start a new thread, that's OK, but if your post includes spoilers and you do not put a spoiler warning in the thread title I will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks Jack - I hope to get this out of the library as soon as a copy comes available - I just don't have the $$ to purchase it, and the sign at walmart telling me their doing a midnight sale tonight on it didn't help LOL

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 20 2007, 07:59 PM)
I would rather see the movie unsure.gif

the books are AWESOME, blonde....really easy to read, too (i mean, they are technically children's books)....I read the first 5 in 5 days. Give them a shot - you're missing out on a lot of stuff they leave out of the movies....

I will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

well, i get the white on rice thing...if that's a really obscure SRV "Close To You" song reference LOL

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 20 2007, 11:29 PM)

well, i get the white on rice thing...if that's a really obscure SRV "Close To You" song reference LOL

I don't listen to SRV, his music bores me. No insult intended if you happen to like him.

That phrase simply means that whoever posts a spoiler about the new HP book without having labelled it as such will suffer harsh and severe repercussions.

P. S. Please shorten your sig. It's gotten too big again. dazed025.gif wink.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2007, 02:56 PM)

I don't listen to SRV, his music bores me. No insult intended if you happen to like him.

That phrase simply means that whoever posts a spoiler about the new HP book without having labelled it as such will suffer harsh and severe repercussions.

um...well, no it didn't offend me, though he is one of my all time favorite guitarists...

unsure.gif I fixed the sig, hope that fits within your guidelines unsure.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 21 2007, 11:46 PM)

um...well, no it didn't offend me, though he is one of my all time favorite guitarists...

Please forgive the lateness of my reply, I missed this earlier.

THANK YOU for reducing your sig, you are very sweet! rose.gif applaudit.gif

OK Jack....excepting Rush, your musical taste has officially been dubbed "dubious." That's what you get for knocking Stevie!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 27 2007, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 21 2007, 11:46 PM)

Please forgive the lateness of my reply, I missed this earlier.

THANK YOU for reducing your sig, you are very sweet! rose.gif applaudit.gif

ur welcome smile.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 27 2007, 09:47 PM)

OK Jack....excepting Rush, your musical taste has officially been dubbed "dubious." That's what you get for knocking Stevie!

teehee http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/g/giggle.gif Thanks for defending the man, steelcaressed trink39.gif

Stevie Ray Vaughan ROCKS!!! 1022.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 28 2007, 02:37 PM)
oops.gif

I digress. Back on topic before Jack breaks out the cudgul. pokey.gif

No Harry Potter spoilers w/o clearly marking the thread topic, damn it! rage.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Bravo! applaudit.gif

(SRV still sucks, tho!) tongue.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 27 2007, 10:28 PM)
"It's raining down in Texas, all the telephone lines are down....." 

Impossible to deny the virtuouso musician.  His guitar work sets the standard for the genre.

hear hear! See here: Why Stevie Ray Vaughan Does NOT Suck... biggrin.gif

oh...btw, just a small little change to your lyrics smile.gif "Yeah it's floodin' down in Texas, all of the telephone lines are down..."

oh and Jack, sweetie....love ya, hon, you know that....but you would have been much better off had you not said the overly generalized term of "he sucks"...that's like an uneducated person saying "Rush Sucks"...if you had said you didn't like his style of playing or the songs he performed, I wouldn't have had a problem with what you said, you are entitled to your own opinion - but for those of us who idolize him, that was rather harsh unsure.gif ph34r.gif

This is not a knock, but it's interesting: Sometimes this board has a similar outcome that old game "telephone," where the teacher (or other originating person) says one thing to the first child sitting down nearest the teacher. Then, one by one, the children pass along the information they've heard. Eventually, the child on the far end of the line says aloud what he or she heard from the person next to him or her. What is said at the beginning and the end are usually far apart.

Jack started this thread as a warning not to post stuff about the Harry Potter book outside of designated spoiler threads. It has now become a defense of the late (GREAT! IMHO) SRV.

The tangents crack me up and make me feel right at home!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif