Halloween

theredtamasrule

Stupid idea to remake a classic. They tried that with John Carpenter's "The Fog" and it bombed.

I hope Jamie Lee Curtis protests it.

It looks amazing. And by the way... THE FOG is NOT a classic. The original sucked too. yes.gif

I wasn't thrilled with Zombie's other movies, but taking what he does add to a film and putting that to such a great story as Halloween and it promises to deliver. At least I hope. The original is still the scariest movie I ever seen, and ruined all others for me. Hopefully this will live up to that mark. yes.gif

I don't like the idea of Michael Myers being 7 feet tall. confused13.gif

I do like Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis, though.

I'm going to have to put my prejudices aside and give it a chance. Hopefully, it will be good.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 12 2007, 08:56 PM)
It looks amazing. And by the way... THE FOG is NOT a classic. The original sucked too. yes.gif

I wasn't thrilled with Zombie's other movies, but taking what he does add to a film and putting that to such a great story as Halloween and it promises to deliver. At least I hope. The original is still the scariest movie I ever seen, and ruined all others for me. Hopefully this will live up to that mark. yes.gif

I wholeheartedly disagree. "The Fog" is indeed a classic and has many fans. Besides, Adrienne Barbeau is in it as well as Janet Leigh, Jamie Leigh Curtis, and Hal Holbrook - veteran actors.

This new "Halloween" is gonna suck so bad, not even a Rush tune will save it. It will be forgotten - just as many other horror remakes.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 6 2007, 05:52 PM)

I hope Jamie Lee Curtis protests it.

Why ? sarcasm.gif

Why not? She protested the remake of Psycho. If Jamie bought into any of her films, she could do just that.

The Psycho remake with Anne Heche was the beginning of a long string of pathetic remakes of horror movies that, in the end, never match the creativity and originality of the original.

Halloween, the original, was all we needed.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 12 2007, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 12 2007, 08:56 PM)
It looks amazing.  And by the way... THE FOG is NOT a classic.  The original sucked too.  yes.gif 

I wasn't thrilled with Zombie's other movies, but taking what he does add to a film and putting that to such a great story as Halloween and it promises to deliver.  At least I hope.  The original is still the scariest movie I ever seen, and ruined all others for me.  Hopefully this will live up to that mark.  yes.gif

I wholeheartedly disagree. "The Fog" is indeed a classic and has many fans. Besides, Adrienne Barbeau is in it as well as Janet Leigh, Jamie Leigh Curtis, and Hal Holbrook - veteran actors.

This new "Halloween" is gonna suck so bad, not even a Rush tune will save it. It will be forgotten - just as many other horror remakes.

Okay, if you liked the Fog, sorry for dissing it, but I never cared for it and have yet to talk with a group of horror nuts who find it to be more than a crap B-movie at best.

As for the Halloween remake, I would normally agree with you about this movie NOT needing a remake, but since it's being done by Zombie, then I have high hopes for it. He will do everything in his power to make sure it stays true to the original, while adding the normal amount of Zombie touch to it. Still waiting to see this flick. yes.gif

I remember the Fog being quite popular when it was released in 1980.

I hope John Carpenter gets a cut of the profits from this remake though. It's only fair since it's his material. I noticed Adrienne Barbeau is in the remake, which is rather shocking to say the least. She would have filmed her parts after I met her in October last year.

edit: the remake of the Fog sucked according to a lot of folks. No surprise there.

Edited by circumstantial tree