Atlanta Attendance

scott_PA

It was sparse considering it was a tour opener. It doesnt surprise me though since Rush gets no air play in Atlanta and I didnt hear one radio ad about the tour. Reserved seating was full and the lawn was about 1/4 full. Id say the crowd was about 10k, but the 10k that were there were hardcore fans.

The reserve seating holds 7,000 that was full. The lawn had a few. Counting the lawn I would estimate 10,000. They will sell 12,000 for the lawn for a total of 19,000.

According to a friend of mine that works at a ticketmaster outlet there were 4,882 tickets left the day before the show and they were all lawn. So as of tuesday there were a little over 14000 tickets sold. I was at Nashville for R30 and it seemed to me that there were a few more there last night than in Nashville but its hard to tell because starwood is about 25-30% smaller than hifibuys. A lot of license plates in from out of town. South Carolina, tennessee, alabama --- a little celebrity alert--- Catcher Javier Lopez was right in front of me and Michael Myers had an enterage down around the front row.

QUOTE (Hunter215 @ Jun 14 2007, 02:51 PM)
Catcher Javier Lopez was right in front of me and Michael Myers had an enterage down around the front row.

That may explain the two or three limos we saw as we arrived.

As for a crowd estimate, I thought it was decent. RockTheCradle (my wife) and I think 10,000 is a safe bet. Given the number people singing nearly every line like I was, I would say most of the folks under cover were also hard core fans.

Hunter also mentioned the out-of-town tags - you can add at least two from Mississippi! smile.gif

A seating mixup happened next to us and one of the couples involved was international - it's very possible we had some people who traveled more than just a few hours by road.

I think 10,000 a show for Rush is fabulous.! Especially after being around for over 30 years. How about all those 70's -80's bands that team up and tour, how do they do? Maybe Rush can team up with Asia or Styx or Journey or REO Speedwagon on their next tour?

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jun 14 2007, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 14 2007, 03:22 PM)
Maybe Rush can team up with Asia or Styx or Journey or REO Speedwagon on their next tour?

wtf.gif

"You know how I know you're gay...... you listen to Asia" - 40 Year Old Virgin

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I'm not serious about this! I see all these 80's bands touring together and I was just wondering if Rush sells as many tickets as those tours. I respect the fact that Rush hasn't teamed up with other bands for an oldies tour.

Hey, hasn't Asia recently reunited for a tour? Seriously, I think they they are playing 1000 seat theaters or something.

Maybe Rush can team up with Asia or Styx or Journey or REO Speedwagon on their next tour?

wtf.gif

You know how I know you're gay?

You misquote the 40 Year Old Virgin.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 14 2007, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 14 2007, 04:22 PM)

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

Alex can join Foreigner, Geddy can join REO Speedwagon and Neil can join Journey. Now that would kick ass! 1022.gif

I was trying, and apparently failed, an attempt at sarcasm! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 14 2007, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 14 2007, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 14 2007, 04:22 PM)
no.gif

Alex can join Foreigner, Geddy can join REO Speedwagon and Neil can join Journey. Now that would kick ass! 1022.gif

I was trying, and apparently failed, an attempt at sarcasm! laugh.gif

I figured you were joking, but the mere thought makes me nauseous. laugh.gif

QUOTE (rusheagle @ Jun 14 2007, 03:30 PM)
I th ought it was 7000 seats under cover, 2000 seats open air, and then another 7,000 that could sit on the lawn. I would say just about every seat was filled plus another 1 to 2000 in the lawn. Lawn is hard to judge though.

Miscellaneous:

Situated on 75 lush, wooded acres, the venue features 5000 reserved seats under a pavilion roof, 2000 reserved starlight seats and a gently sloping lawn with plenty of room for 12,000 fans to stretch out under the stars.

Capacity 19,000 (Reserved 7000, Lawn 12,000)

The review I read this morning had the official attendence at a little more than 13,000.

Where was that review? I just back home in Dallas, and I didn't see anything in the Atlanta paper this morning.

Also, about the crowd size, I walked around during the show, and saw some empty seats here and there. My seats were on row H section 102, and there were SIX unused seats on the same row in section 103. The lawn MIGHT have had 3,000 at the most.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 14 2007, 03:42 PM)

wtf.gif

I'm not serious about this! I see all these 80's bands touring together and I was just wondering if Rush sells as many tickets as those tours. I respect the fact that Rush hasn't teamed up with other bands for an oldies tour.

Hey, hasn't Asia recently reunited for a tour? Seriously, I think they they are playing 1000 seat theaters or something.

1,000 people at an Asia show in 2007? lol....doubtful.

QUOTE (Rebel&aRunner @ Jun 14 2007, 03:23 PM)
It was sparse considering it was a tour opener. It doesnt surprise me though since Rush gets no air play in Atlanta and I didnt hear one radio ad about the tour. Reserved seating was full and the lawn was about 1/4 full. Id say the crowd was about 10k, but the 10k that were there were hardcore fans.

The fact that Rush can routinely draw 10,000 on any given night in 2007 is impessive as far as im concerned. yes.gif

I was in section 102 (front center section) and there were a few open seats in rows in front of me...

I thought the crowd was really into the show, as no one ever sat down at least in my section...

you could tell that there were some "casual" fans there, as the "deep tracks" had them guessing...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jun 14 2007, 03:43 PM)

wtf.gif

You know how I know you're gay?

You misquote the 40 Year Old Virgin.

tongue.gif

You know why you're gay.... you knew that was a misquote!!

LOL

Ok, I stand corrected... it's:

"You know why you're gay... you like Asia" - 40 Year Old Virgin

I'm getting old and the memory is going.... "I Think I'm Going Bald"

(that or my head is just growing through my hair)

Archived