No Sean Connery in 'Indy IV'

Jack Aubrey

From Indiana Jones.com:

While the man with the hat is back, this time he's not bringing his Dad. Sean Connery, who retired from acting in 2005, said:

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement. I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun. I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator! This is a remarkable cast, and I can only say, 'Break a leg, everyone.' I'll see you on May 22, 2008, at the theater!"

John Hurt will be taking over the role of Dr. Henry Jones, Sr.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 8 2007, 08:09 AM)
Why are they making this movie?

Because there's an audience for it. People that saw the 1st and 2nd films as a kid well over 20 years ago are now around my age and will take their own kids to see part 4.

Hurt's cool but I wish that Connery came back as dad.

They screwed around to many years and now Connery is too old. They will do the same thing with the Hobbit and Ian McKellen will be to old to play Gandalf and that will suck -

This has dash-for-cash written all over it.

And its been in and out of development for God knows how many years now, may be 10? But it looks 2008 might be a marquee year for movies after all - New Indy, Dark Knight, Star Trek 11, Hellboy 2, Hulk, Iron Man...