2007 - 09/17 - New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2007, 04:40 PM)
Thanks so much for excluding me, im not the slightest bit hurt. sad.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 28 2007, 09:43 PM)
sh!t!  I can't believe I forgot them!  I'm such a ditz! LOL

k, updated:

LakesideMaiden & Der Trommler
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Tick
Slackabob
laxnation
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad
robertjames1971 & girlfriend (maybe)

ohmy.gif i fixed-ted it...it was about a post or two later, but I did fix it!! I'm sooooo sorry - I've had a ton on my mind the past week - I really didn't mean to forget you, sweetie! I had copied the list from a notepad document that I had saved to my desktop (that I had apparently not updated - even tho I thought I had) ....I'm so so so so so sorry!!!! I should be bd.gif'ed sad.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 1 2007, 10:48 PM)

wink.gif

k, updated:

Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Tick
Slackabob
laxnation
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

ohmy.gif i fixed-ted it...it was about a post or two later, but I did fix it!! I'm sooooo sorry - I've had a ton on my mind the past week - I really didn't mean to forget you, sweetie! I had copied the list from a notepad document that I had saved to my desktop (that I had apparently not updated - even tho I thought I had) ....I'm so so so so so sorry!!!! I should be bd.gif'ed sad.gif

We wil have to stop and buy a bd.gif in the city. wink.gif

I know they sell them there. yes.gif

rofl3.gif

I am so looking foward to this one!!! Another 2.gif show

with great friends!!!

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 2 2007, 06:48 AM)

wink.gif

k, updated:

Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Tick
Slackabob
laxnation
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

rofl3.gif

with great friends!!!

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif

gee thanks! 2funny.gif

We are SO looking forward to it too! heart.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 2 2007, 08:16 AM)

wink.gif

k, updated:

Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Tick
Slackabob
laxnation
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

rofl3.gif

with great friends!!!

gee thanks! 2funny.gif

I think the Garden is in a different area...the whip store may need to be a different trip laugh.gif

Oh no - that gives a whole new meaning to we rode the whip...Sorry it popped in my head...I just had to say it icon_really_happy_guy.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 2 2007, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 2 2007, 08:16 AM)

wink.gif

k, updated:

Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Tick
Slackabob
laxnation
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

rofl3.gif

with great friends!!!

gee thanks! 2funny.gif

I think the Garden is in a different area...the whip store may need to be a different trip laugh.gif

Oh no - that gives a whole new meaning to we rode the whip...Sorry it popped in my head...I just had to say it icon_really_happy_guy.gif

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif

Well, I'm off to see the Police at MSG tonight. I wound up with 2 extra tickets because a friend backed out at the last minute. Anybody want 2 seats in 349? I'll probably wind up selling them outside the Garden.

Anyway, I'll be doing a little pubcrawling tonight. (Mmmm...beer. Good thing I hit the gym this week). This will be a practice run for Sept 17th. I'll report back here with my assessment of the local establishments. I'd like to check out those two Mustang joints. The whole area is sure to be packed though, with it being Friday night and all.

As much as I like the Police, I'd rather it be Rush I was heading out to see...

Well, the Police concert was absolutely awesome. I am allowed to like another band, aren't I? If not, please forgive me. I promise I won't go to another show wink.gif

I poked my head into the Mustangs of Sally and Harry. They were packed to the gills. But, they were both rocking. The crowds definitely appeared to be having a good time. Both joints are very close to the Garden, just a couple of blocks away. I wound up at Stout, which is right across the street from MSG, because I was meeting a friend. I also had a couple of extra tickets to unload. That took longer than I expected because nobody trusts the tickets outside the venue anymore. The guy I sold the tickets to only wanted them if I walked with him to the turnstile. He said, "If they're fake, we won't get in, and I'll just turn around and kick your ass!" Boy, that was a tough sell if there ever was one!

Stout was pretty packed too. And the trink38.gif was nice and fresh. I didn't venture past the front of the bar because the back was pretty crowded. I was able to belly up to the bar fairly quickly. They had a Police concert DVD from like 1983 playing on the big screens. The music was blasting, and the crowd was singing and dancing along. I quickly made a few friends. (I was by myself for a good hour or so). A couple of them had front row seats, and I was trying to trade my seats for theirs. Don't they know that the real fans are seated way in the back? tongue.gif

I'd suggest that whatever place is decided upon for a meetup, that a few people get there early to grab a table or a good spot at the bar. I don't think these places will get much more crowded than they were Friday night. The Rush show is on a Monday, so I'm sure the pre-show activity will be a bit more subdued. Not if we can help it though, right?

For those who might be interested in how the Police were in concert, I'd say that the band was pretty tight. Sting's voice was spot on. No signs of age. Although it did sound like they tuned a couple of songs down a notch or two. The entire crowd stood for the whole show. The crowd's excitement was thick from having had to wait 20 some odd years to see these guys in concert together again. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Now, if it had been Rush, it would have been all that much better.

So, all in all, it was a great evening. I think any of the three places I stopped at would be great to meet up at.

I'm totally looking forward to the show on 9/17!

Natch - great news about the Police show and the watering holes. I know someone else who went and they said the same thing about the MSG show.

I'm glad you checked out Stout. I've been to the Mustangs quite a few times but never to Stout. Funny enough, as I was commuting home the night of the Police show, I happened to tune into Q104.3 and they were broadcasting live from Stout and playing lots of Police tunes (right around 6:45pm I'd guess). So, hopefully it will be rockin for the Rush show on 9/17. I cant wait either. Between now and the show I've got another baby coming, so I'll be sleep deprived and numb, but I got to make it to that show!

There was another thread somewhere on here sparking rumors of filming at MSG on 9/17....but I remember that was said about MSG last tour for R30 and it didnt happen (not knocking Germany) but it would have kicked ass if it was filmed at MSG. Fingers crossed!

Hey Pass...congrats on the new baby! Good luck and health to you and your family.

I guess the Q104.3 crew was way in the back, I didn't even know they were there! It's a pretty big place.

Did they play MSG on R30? I don't remember. I saw them at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ and at PNC in Holmdel for that tour.

I did see them at MSG for the VT tour. I had seats in section 7 Row B. I have almost the same exact seats this time around. I'm in section 7, Row C.

It would be pretty neat if they recorded the show for a DVD. The last show I was at that was recorded for a DVD (actually VHS back then) was the Pink Floyd show at Nassau Coliseum back in the late '80s. I was right up next to the stage for that show. I've tried to see if I can see myself on the screen. But, it's still cool to be there, part of recorded history.

I think youre right - I dont think R30 hit MSG. I know I went to both Radio City gigs, but MSG must have been for VT in 2002. I just remember that there was chatter about there being cameras reported at the shows and that maybe the boys were filming a DVD (this was in advance of them releasing R30 DVD).

One more question - how was the sound at the Police show? Was it nice and loud with a good mix? It's going to be great so see Rush indoors again after all these amphitheater shows, and MSG is usually pretty good no matter where you sit.

Well, let me preface this by saying that I was in section 304. The sound was ok as far as concerts go. I'm sure if I were on the floor, it'd have been a whole different story. But, I have no complaints. It's as good as you're going to get in a building that age. I remember thinking how good Rush sounded on the VT tour show at MSG.

I was at the Jones Beach show on 7/2, and I know that place can be hit or miss depending on the weather. But, for an outdoor show, it sounded great. My seats for that show weren't too shabby. I think I was about 30 rows back, center stage.

The seats in 304 are pretty far back. The view isn't all that great. You'll be glad they have video screens to give you close ups.

Oh, and if you're a beer drinker, I suggest you have a few before the show. I had to bring back 2 beers that were NASTY! The ones I did drink left me hurting the next morning.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 6 2007, 09:33 AM)
Natch - great news about the Police show and the watering holes. I know someone else who went and they said the same thing about the MSG show.

I'm glad you checked out Stout. I've been to the Mustangs quite a few times but never to Stout. Funny enough, as I was commuting home the night of the Police show, I happened to tune into Q104.3 and they were broadcasting live from Stout and playing lots of Police tunes (right around 6:45pm I'd guess). So, hopefully it will be rockin for the Rush show on 9/17. I cant wait either. Between now and the show I've got another baby coming, so I'll be sleep deprived and numb, but I got to make it to that show!

There was another thread somewhere on here sparking rumors of filming at MSG on 9/17....but I remember that was said about MSG last tour for R30 and it didnt happen (not knocking Germany) but it would have kicked ass if it was filmed at MSG. Fingers crossed!

congrats on the new baby. my son will be 1 yr old at the end of aug, its a GREAT felling 1022.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Aug 6 2007, 09:15 AM)
Well, the Police concert was absolutely awesome. I am allowed to like another band, aren't I? If not, please forgive me. I promise I won't go to another show wink.gif

I poked my head into the Mustangs of Sally and Harry. They were packed to the gills. But, they were both rocking. The crowds definitely appeared to be having a good time. Both joints are very close to the Garden, just a couple of blocks away. I wound up at Stout, which is right across the street from MSG, because I was meeting a friend. I also had a couple of extra tickets to unload. That took longer than I expected because nobody trusts the tickets outside the venue anymore. The guy I sold the tickets to only wanted them if I walked with him to the turnstile. He said, "If they're fake, we won't get in, and I'll just turn around and kick your ass!" Boy, that was a tough sell if there ever was one!

Stout was pretty packed too. And the trink38.gif was nice and fresh. I didn't venture past the front of the bar because the back was pretty crowded. I was able to belly up to the bar fairly quickly. They had a Police concert DVD from like 1983 playing on the big screens. The music was blasting, and the crowd was singing and dancing along. I quickly made a few friends. (I was by myself for a good hour or so). A couple of them had front row seats, and I was trying to trade my seats for theirs. Don't they know that the real fans are seated way in the back? tongue.gif

I'd suggest that whatever place is decided upon for a meetup, that a few people get there early to grab a table or a good spot at the bar. I don't think these places will get much more crowded than they were Friday night. The Rush show is on a Monday, so I'm sure the pre-show activity will be a bit more subdued. Not if we can help it though, right?

For those who might be interested in how the Police were in concert, I'd say that the band was pretty tight. Sting's voice was spot on. No signs of age. Although it did sound like they tuned a couple of songs down a notch or two. The entire crowd stood for the whole show. The crowd's excitement was thick from having had to wait 20 some odd years to see these guys in concert together again. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Now, if it had been Rush, it would have been all that much better.

So, all in all, it was a great evening. I think any of the three places I stopped at would be great to meet up at.

I'm totally looking forward to the show on 9/17!

stout seems to be the place. i have always gone to the mustangs and its not really a fun time. the place is ALWAYS packed and they show sportscenter on all the t.v.s . i am a huge sports fan but i dont want to drink to it on a night of rush. just my 2 cents trink38.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 7 2007, 04:56 PM)
Natch - great news about the Police show and the watering holes.  I know someone else who went and they said the same thing about the MSG show.

I'm glad you checked out Stout.  I've been to the Mustangs quite a few times but never to Stout.  Funny enough, as I was commuting home the night of the Police show, I happened to tune into Q104.3 and they were broadcasting live from Stout and playing lots of Police tunes (right around 6:45pm I'd guess).  So, hopefully it will be rockin for the Rush show on 9/17.  I cant wait either.  Between now and the show I've got another baby coming, so I'll be sleep deprived and numb, but I got to make it to that show!

There was another thread somewhere on here sparking rumors of filming at MSG on 9/17....but I remember that was said about MSG last tour for R30 and it didnt happen (not knocking Germany) but it would have kicked ass if it was filmed at MSG.  Fingers crossed!

congrats on the new baby. my son will be 1 yr old at the end of aug, its a GREAT felling 1022.gif

I echo the congrats! Best of luck and hope all goes great.

trink39.gif

We hope to see everyone at the show.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Aug 7 2007, 05:04 PM)
Natch - great news about the Police show and the watering holes.  I know someone else who went and they said the same thing about the MSG show.

I'm glad you checked out Stout.  I've been to the Mustangs quite a few times but never to Stout.  Funny enough, as I was commuting home the night of the Police show, I happened to tune into Q104.3 and they were broadcasting live from Stout and playing lots of Police tunes (right around 6:45pm I'd guess).  So, hopefully it will be rockin for the Rush show on 9/17.  I cant wait either.  Between now and the show I've got another baby coming, so I'll be sleep deprived and numb, but I got to make it to that show!

There was another thread somewhere on here sparking rumors of filming at MSG on 9/17....but I remember that was said about MSG last tour for R30 and it didnt happen (not knocking Germany) but it would have kicked ass if it was filmed at MSG.  Fingers crossed!

trink39.gif

Congrats on the new baby, PtA! smile.gif I can't wait to see everyone before the show!! bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 8 2007, 10:12 PM)

trink39.gif

Congrats on the new baby, PtA! smile.gif I can't wait to see everyone before the show!! bncegrn.gif

Thanks LSM ... Still waiting. Official due date is August 27th (Alex's birthday wink.gif ) I'm sure I'll be anything but well-rested for the show on the 17th... but it doesnt matter, I have never fallen asleep at a Rush show.

Looking forward to the Mustangs of Harry and Sally, and then Stout.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 14 2007, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 8 2007, 10:12 PM)

trink39.gif

Thanks LSM ... Still waiting. Official due date is August 27th (Alex's birthday wink.gif ) I'm sure I'll be anything but well-rested for the show on the 17th... but it doesnt matter, I have never fallen asleep at a Rush show.

Looking forward to the Mustangs of Harry and Sally, and then Stout.

welcome smile.gif ....well, you could always be induced if it gets past your due date - but hopefully your baby will share Al's birthday smile.gif

We're going

We're going

We're going

We're going

We're going

I'm not sure how the meet-up will work for us. We are planning on making a mini-vacation out of this. (which is extra cool because we're making a full sized vacation out of the Milwaukee show two weeks prior). We'll show up Sunday during the day, do some sight seeing, get a room, wake up Monday, do some sight seeing, probably head back to the room to drop off some things that can't go into the show (my camera is a little too big to sneak in) and then head to MSG. Not sure how the timing will work out, but if we can make the meet-up we totally will. I'm still in awe of how wonderful LSM and Spike are for getting me into the Mohegan Sun show, so any chance to bask in either of their glow will be welcome.

We're sitting in section 309, row N. I probably could have done better, but I waited a while before committing to this trip. I don't care though, as long as we're in the building I'll be happy.

I

Can

Not

Wait!

2.gif

2.gif

2.gif

2.gif

2.gif

Awesome RJ...you'll completely forget about what section you're in when you hear the opening tune...

The view isn't great...but they'll have the big screens going, and the sound isn't bad for an aging venue.

Besides at that point, you'll have seen a couple of shows already and just experiencing Rush at MSG makes it all worthwhile.

QUOTE (Natch @ Aug 21 2007, 02:18 PM)
Awesome RJ...you'll completely forget about what section you're in when you hear the opening tune...

The view isn't great...but they'll have the big screens going, and the sound isn't bad for an aging venue.

Besides at that point, you'll have seen a couple of shows already and just experiencing Rush at MSG makes it all worthwhile.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

This will be my fourth show on the tour... I only wish there was a way I could swing Toronto too.

Archived