2007 - 09/17 - New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 20 2007, 02:52 PM)
We'll miss you April7901...even though we haven't met. I promise that we'll have a good time on your behalf!

we totally will!!! biggrin.gif

So, how many of you have seen Rush on this tour? I was at the Jones Beach show with my 12 year old son and I gave tickets to each of my 2 brothers, one is a semi-Rush fan, the other is not at all, just so we could hang out as a family at a Rush concert. We had a great time.

For the MSG show, I'll be with a friend of mine. (He's not a member of TRF, but I'm trying to get him to sign up...lazy bum). Anyway, I plan to be in NYC early, hope to meet up with some TRF people, and just generally have a blast. I could use a good blast these days. The more I think about the concert, the more revved up I get...

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 20 2007, 03:51 PM)
So, how many of you have seen Rush on this tour? I was at the Jones Beach show with my 12 year old son and I gave tickets to each of my 2 brothers, one is a semi-Rush fan, the other is not at all, just so we could hang out as a family at a Rush concert. We had a great time.

For the MSG show, I'll be with a friend of mine. (He's not a member of TRF, but I'm trying to get him to sign up...lazy bum). Anyway, I plan to be in NYC early, hope to meet up with some TRF people, and just generally have a blast. I could use a good blast these days. The more I think about the concert, the more revved up I get...

LOL totally dude! We've been to two so far (see my sig smile.gif)....I'm so psyched about the MSG show....

OK...so at least one other TRF member has indicated that Stout is the place to be before the show. However, I state that since these places are well within reach of each other that we can bounce back and forth. I hereby declare midtown Manhattan a Rush Zone on September 17th. We'll be taking midtown by storm. We need more TRF members to participate. Anyone else want to jump in?

i just jumped in- and boy did it hurt biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 19 2007, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 19 2007, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 08:04 PM)
The great thing is that these places are close enough together that one can bar hop quite easily before the show.

I've never been to a meet-up before. What is the protocol? Do you all know each other's names?

We usually wear masks and put on a nametag with our screennames on it. laugh.gif

Check out my sig. These are just SOME of the meetups I've been to since i've been on this board. Meetups are awesome. yes.gif

There is no set criteria for them. Some occur just to hang out at a bar together. Some to hang out at someone's house. Some to all go to a show by... hmmmm... let's see... ummmm... oh yeah... 2.gif

I'm thinking for this one, we should all meetup very early, as there is gonna be a shitload of us and just barhop. Then continue the barhopping AFTER the show as well. NYC doesn't close shop until 4am. yes.gif trink39.gif

Oh... as for real names... some do, some don't. It all depends on what's more comfortable. I have no problems with people calling me Necro or Ken. Hell... even my kids call me Necro now. laugh.gif

Hmmmm...that does sound like a good plan, but it will depend on how much $$ we have to go with...also, we're gonna have to head back to the train shortly after the show is over to head back to New Haven. Dave has to work the next day at 12:00....I don't know if I will have to work yet, I don't have any work outside of an assignment I'm on til 8/3....

But meeting up early in the day sounds perfect. We should be there around 2:00 (Tortoise has to feed the chickens before we leave Dartmouth, so we'll be departing there around 10:00 (maybe sooner), which means we'll get to New Haven around 12:00 to arrive in NYC around 1:45 (ish)...

As for names, it doesn't bother me who knows mine. It's Kathy and my other half is Dave (Der Trommler). Although you'll find if you've been calling your TRF friends by their nicks for the past 2 years or so, you'll still be calling them by their nicks even if you're trying to call them by their real names LOL For example, Spike. I still call her Spike, even tho I know her real name LOL

We'll arrive in NYC in the morning and hang around the city for awhile until others start arriving. We should designate a good meetup spot. I'm figuring right in front of MSG would be good eh? Then we can move from there. Hopefully we won't be going back home until the next day. But if so, I can get a pretty late bus out of NYC, so I'm good to party all night. yes.gif 1022.gif

The name thing... it's funny. I still find myself calling Bobby and Rich, SlackA and Tick. And Geds... well we're both Kens, so it's confusing enough, so we stick with Geds and Necro. laugh.gif Well... i call him a whole assortment of names anyway. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 23 2007, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 19 2007, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 19 2007, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 08:04 PM)
The great thing is that these places are close enough together that one can bar hop quite easily before the show.

I've never been to a meet-up before. What is the protocol? Do you all know each other's names?

We usually wear masks and put on a nametag with our screennames on it. laugh.gif

Check out my sig. These are just SOME of the meetups I've been to since i've been on this board. Meetups are awesome. yes.gif

There is no set criteria for them. Some occur just to hang out at a bar together. Some to hang out at someone's house. Some to all go to a show by... hmmmm... let's see... ummmm... oh yeah... 2.gif

I'm thinking for this one, we should all meetup very early, as there is gonna be a shitload of us and just barhop. Then continue the barhopping AFTER the show as well. NYC doesn't close shop until 4am. yes.gif trink39.gif

Oh... as for real names... some do, some don't. It all depends on what's more comfortable. I have no problems with people calling me Necro or Ken. Hell... even my kids call me Necro now. laugh.gif

Hmmmm...that does sound like a good plan, but it will depend on how much $$ we have to go with...also, we're gonna have to head back to the train shortly after the show is over to head back to New Haven. Dave has to work the next day at 12:00....I don't know if I will have to work yet, I don't have any work outside of an assignment I'm on til 8/3....

But meeting up early in the day sounds perfect. We should be there around 2:00 (Tortoise has to feed the chickens before we leave Dartmouth, so we'll be departing there around 10:00 (maybe sooner), which means we'll get to New Haven around 12:00 to arrive in NYC around 1:45 (ish)...

As for names, it doesn't bother me who knows mine. It's Kathy and my other half is Dave (Der Trommler). Although you'll find if you've been calling your TRF friends by their nicks for the past 2 years or so, you'll still be calling them by their nicks even if you're trying to call them by their real names LOL For example, Spike. I still call her Spike, even tho I know her real name LOL

We'll arrive in NYC in the morning and hang around the city for awhile until others start arriving. We should designate a good meetup spot. I'm figuring right in front of MSG would be good eh? Then we can move from there. Hopefully we won't be going back home until the next day. But if so, I can get a pretty late bus out of NYC, so I'm good to party all night. yes.gif 1022.gif

The name thing... it's funny. I still find myself calling Bobby and Rich, SlackA and Tick. And Geds... well we're both Kens, so it's confusing enough, so we stick with Geds and Necro. laugh.gif Well... i call him a whole assortment of names anyway. z7shysterical.gif

that sounds good to me! biggrin.gif I am SO excited.....I can't wait!!!! bncegrn.gif

Hey LSM...I've found out since your post about Mustang Sally's and/or Mustang Harry's that both these places exist! They're about a block from each other. Talk about making things confusing!

Mustang Harry's

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 25 2007, 11:08 PM)
Hey LSM...I've found out since your post about Mustang Sally's and/or Mustang Harry's that both these places exist! They're about a block from each other. Talk about making things confusing!

Mustang Harry's

LOL I knew it! Okay, we'll figure things out as it gets closer....we should prob do what Ken suggested and all meet outside MSG, then go bar hopping around the area smile.gif

...and is it just me, or is this place cheaper than Mustang Sally's? unsure.gif

Yeah, it's a bit cheaper. That's good to know.

We have plenty of time to make the meeting arrangements.

I'll be going to the Police show at MSG next Friday, so I'll scope things out for us...

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 26 2007, 09:57 AM)
Yeah, it's a bit cheaper. That's good to know.

We have plenty of time to make the meeting arrangements.

I'll be going to the Police show at MSG next Friday, so I'll scope things out for us...

awesome! Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

Update on who's goin:

From TRF:

LakesideMaiden & Der Trommler

Tortoise & Hare

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Paganoman & Owlswing

DonnaWanna

Necro & CeeJ

Grace2Grace

Mrbarlint

PassTheAmmunition

Natch

metaldad

robertjames1971 & girlfriend (maybe)

1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 27 2007, 09:51 PM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

ohmy.gif WOW... 653.gif lots of TRFers... 1022.gif

I think Tick and Slackabob are going too...but it's in a different thread.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 27 2007, 08:51 PM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

add laxnation to the list - the biggest Rush fan on the whole list! 2.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 27 2007, 08:51 PM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

add laxnation to the list - the biggest Rush fan on the whole list, it's not even close! 2.gif

I just remembered

MSG has tours (i think every hour)

where u can tour the whole Garden & learn bout its history

U get to go threw the locker rooms and such i think for bout $18-$20?

or sumthin like that,

BUT if ur lucky and go at the right time u might catch a sound check!

Me & Ron took the tour a few years ago & got to sit in the VIP rooms

& watch a Dave Matthews sound check yes.gif

we were there for bout 3 songs for the check ,

then the tour group moved on, they let u bring

ur cams in and take as many pics as u wanted &

Also get to checkout the dressin rooms.

like i said we went a few years ago & prices & times mighta changed

But sumthin to look into if ull be in the city for the whole day

Good, Cool time killer & who knows who ull bump into there 1287.gif

Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

I still have No ticket sad.gif

But workin on it 1287.gif

Still got time yes.gif

ill be there with or without a ticket

so see yous there trink39.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 28 2007, 10:12 AM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

sh!t! I can't believe I forgot them! I'm such a ditz! LOL

k, updated:

Tortoise & Hare

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Paganoman & Owlswing

DonnaWanna

Necro & CeeJ

Tick

Slackabob

laxnation

Grace2Grace

Mrbarlint

PassTheAmmunition

Natch

metaldad

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jul 28 2007, 03:29 PM)
I just remembered
MSG has tours (i think every hour)
where u can tour the whole Garden & learn bout its history
U get to go threw the locker rooms and such i think for bout $18-$20?
or sumthin like that,
BUT if ur lucky and go at the right time u might catch a sound check!
Me & Ron took the tour a few years ago & got to sit in the VIP rooms
& watch a Dave Matthews sound check yes.gif
we were there for bout 3 songs for the check ,
then the tour group moved on, they let u bring
ur cams in and take as many pics as u wanted &
Also get to checkout the dressin rooms.
like i said we went a few years ago & prices & times mighta changed
But sumthin to look into if ull be in the city for the whole day
Good, Cool time killer & who knows who ull bump into there 1287.gif

oooo.....me likies the sound of that!! I'd love to catch a soundcheck biggrin.gif Sounds like a definite plan thought smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif bncegrn.gif common001.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jul 28 2007, 03:31 PM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

I still have No ticket sad.gif

But workin on it 1287.gif

Still got time yes.gif

ill be there with or without a ticket

so see yous there trink39.gif

I hope you can go to the show too! But it will be AWESOME getting to meet you finally!! heart.gif

bumper.gif

for the folks going who haven't seen this thread ph34r.gif

bncegrn.gif common001.gif

2.gif

Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

Thanks so much for excluding me, im not the slightest bit hurt. sad.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2007, 04:40 PM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

Thanks so much for excluding me, im not the slightest bit hurt. sad.gif

wink.gif

You would never be forgetten or slacka either see...

kishug.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 28 2007, 10:12 AM)
Update on who's goin:

From TRF:
Tortoise & Hare
1-0-0-1-0-0-1
Paganoman & Owlswing
DonnaWanna
Necro & CeeJ
Grace2Grace
Mrbarlint
PassTheAmmunition
Natch
metaldad

1022.gif 2.gif

Archived