Entire Snakes & Arrows album live?

Earthshine

Should Rush play the entire Snakes & Arrows album live?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush play the entire Snakes & Arrows album live?

• Yes! Absolutely! Do it in the order of the songs!
    • Yes! But split it up over the show!
    • No! Don't play all of it, only some!
    • No! Don't play any of it! I want to hear the "hits"!

Okay, so here's the deal:

We know Neil is tired of playing a lot of the same music tour after tour.

What about playing the entire Snakes & Arrows album on this tour?

Personally, I think it would be great and something they have not done in years, if ever. i.e. play an entire album on its tour.

I think it would be cool if they devoted the entire 2nd set to it, leaving encores to other pieces. Drum solo could end the 1st half of the show.

This could almost be presented in a "concept" album way with visuals, videos etc.

What do you think?

I would guess for 6-7 songs from S&A. Some of the tunes I believe (I'm not too familiar with the album yet to give specifics) contain both accoustic/electric guitars at the same time which would be difficult to replicate live.

I saw Iron Maiden doing the entire AMOLAD album on their last tour. Great album but most of people don`t want to hear whole album in a concert if you are not Pink Floyd perfoming The wall or re-formed The Beatles doing Sgt Pepper`s. Maybe 2112 would work but it`s just some 40 minutes.

QUOTE (Huckleberry Finn @ May 8 2007, 09:15 AM)
I saw Iron Maiden doing the entire AMOLAD album on their last tour. Great album but most of people don`t want to hear whole album in a concert if you are not Pink Floyd perfoming The wall or re-formed The Beatles doing Sgt Pepper`s. Maybe 2112 would work but it`s just some 40 minutes.

I agree...I saw Maiden in December and there were a number of people grumbling on the way out of the gig about the lack of " Old " songs. Heard one bloke say that was the last time he would be seeing Maiden !

I'm really looking forward to hearing much of S&A live. I think Armor and Sword is going to sound incredible live. Same with TMMB. But if they played all of S&A, then we would likely get less obscure stuff like Bytor and the Snowdog or Natural Science.

QUOTE (queenshall @ May 8 2007, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Huckleberry Finn @ May 8 2007, 09:15 AM)

I agree...I saw Maiden in December and there were a number of people grumbling on the way out of the gig about the lack of " Old " songs. Heard one bloke say that was the last time he would be seeing Maiden !

That was probably me. cool.gif

I didn't like the new release at all, and coudn't believe they played the whole thing. The show was crying for a few oldies, but there was very very few. Let's just say when I went on a few beer runs, I wasn't in any hurry to get back to my seat.

I liked Iron Maiden when I was younger, but have totally grown away from them.

The chances of them playing the whole thing is slim and none (more than likely none).

They will play around 7 songs from S&A. I predict songs 1-6, then Bravest Face. Maybe Malnar or Hope will be thrown in somewhere, but those are both 2 minutes each.

I'm the old bitter guy who voted none as a protest vote, I am not digging the new album much, maybe it will grow on me though. I really liked Vapor Trails and was annoyed they only played 4 songs off of that and it sounds like they're going to play a lot more off of this one which I don't like so much. fists crying.gif

I'm really trying to get into the new album but I'm finding that, for my taste, it doesn't measure up to most of their earlier work. This is not the album for them to play live in its entirety.

Well playing whole S&A is bit "two-pronged" thing for me unsure.gif ... Think about this, 2.gif will be 1st time in my home country Finland in the end of October. After 20+ years waiting tongue.gif ... So, do you really want 2.gif to play whole new album (and that way "sacrifice" playing time from other "classic" stuff)? Really? I doubt it. I like to hear all those classics BUT new stuff too wink.gif ! Maybe Far Cry, Armor & Sword, Workin' Them Angels and MalNar could be nice to hear live smile.gif ?

This is my first Rush concert, so I honestly want them to play all of their classics and the songs that I have been obsessing over for the past few years. I wouldn't mind 5 or 6 songs from S&A (armor and sword, spindrift, way the wind blow, main monkey business, far cry, and we hold on). S&A is great...unlike any Rush album. I would consider it a masterpiece but there are a bunch of songs from their earlier albums that I really want them to play.

Archived