What Song Should Be Next SnA Single??

presto123

I originally thought Armor and Sword, Workin Them Angels,or Faithless would be the next single. But the more I think about it, the Larger Bowl makes sense. It's just so damn catchy and could definitely lead to extra album sales and attention if it catches on. But even if it does, wouldn't that be mostly on rock radio stations? I can't see pop or top 40 stations playing Rush these days no matter how catchy it is. It definitely has a chorus that sticks in your head like all day long though. What is YOUR choice for next single?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 3 2007, 09:50 PM)
I originally thought Armor and Sword, Workin Them Angels,or Faithless would be the next single. But the more I think about it, the Larger Bowl makes sense. It's just so damn catchy and could definitely lead to extra album sales and attention if it catches on. But even if it does, wouldn't that be mostly on rock radio stations? I can't see pop or top 40 stations playing Rush these days no matter how catchy it is. It definitely has a chorus that sticks in your head like all day long though. What is YOUR choice for next single?

I'm gonna say The Way The Wind Blows.... I love this song 2.gif

Armor and Sword i can see playing on the radio.

QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ May 3 2007, 10:07 PM)

Agreed 100%

QUOTE (Kudzu @ May 3 2007, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (TheCameraEye @ May 3 2007, 08:07 PM)

That's the least accessible song on the entire album.

I concur

QUOTE (krlowe @ May 3 2007, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 3 2007, 11:07 PM)
I'd say either The Larger Bowl or Bravest Face.

I agree.

not bravest face.... they vocals are too weird at first listen.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but the verses are awkward to hear at first. Larger Bowl is a knee slapper from the first listen.

I doubt they're actually going to release another single, but if they do I would be extremely surprised if it were NOT "The Larger Bowl." Now THAT's a song that I think could get them some airplay. Let's hope!

Wait, didn't they release the album to radio stations a week ago? I don't think they're going to be needing to put out any more singles, considering that stations have, y'know, the entire album... wacko.gif

Armor and Sword is my favorite tune on this album..but its over 6 minutes long...which is not good for air play... Larger Bowl is catchy and shorter... now the sleeper is going to be Spindrift..... I was ready to give up on that song for the first 2 minutes...then the chorus hit.... I was hooked.... so I would say the next single will be Spindrift....

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 4 2007, 06:47 PM)
If there is a new gonna be one, We Hold On sounds like a single to me...

smile.gif Oh Treeduck I couldn't agree More and I still have not heard ALL of this song. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ May 4 2007, 03:39 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 4 2007, 06:47 PM)
If there is a new gonna be one, We Hold On sounds like a single to me...

smile.gif Oh Treeduck I couldn't agree More and I still have not heard ALL of this song. 2.gif trink39.gif

Have you been able to get the album in Australia yet DS??

Definitely "The Larger Bowl". Catchy refrain, Phil Collins-like lyrics, nice pantoum-introduction, cool Lifeson-solo, short song that goes with radio material, and Geddy is not reaching his squeaky notes.

Make it so!

Rush only gets played on hard rock stations, so I think the larger bowl would be a flop- it is way to hippie/kumbaya (is that how it is spelled?).

I think the next single should be armor and sword because it has a better chance of connecting with the hard rock audience.

Archived