Did you like S&A (overall)?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like S&A (overall)?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't answer with such black-and-white choices. My opinion is somewhere in the middle.

I'm disappointed with the dragging tempo, but I'm still giving it regular spins. It's slowly growing on me a bit.

"I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard" to like this album.

Love this album I do! yes.gif (Yoda-style)

Hmm... Wondering who the 6 negative responses are. It's nice to see such a support, even though there have been so many negative posts about S&A!

I thought it was good but it certainly wasn't their best. I really don't understand why they said that it's comparable to Permanent Waves.

I think the instrumentals are amazing, I'm really liking Far Cry a lot more and a lot of the songs are growing on me the more I listen to it.

I'm excited to see them preform it live. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 3 2007, 08:16 AM)
I think the instrumentals are amazing, I'm really liking Far Cry a lot more and a lot of the songs are growing on me the more I listen to it.

yes.gif

Incidentally, with approximately 100 votes now, nine out of ten people like it and one out of ten doesn't.

I agree that this is the best album since counterparts and this tour will probably be similiar to that one in which they played an assload of songs from that album in the setlist. They have already stated that they will play 7-8 songs from S&A on this tour. I have my 8 favorites that im hoping they will play and I am eager to see what hidden jewels they plan to pull from the vault. trink39.gif

Not overall. But it certainly has its moments.

Well...I've been defending the album over the last few days, I've been called a "fanboi", and have been told that I need some original material when being in defence.

Bottom Line: You can definitely count on me for a YES!!

This album is growing on me immensly with every listen. This truly is Alex's album. 1022.gif

I wanted to like it...

Hate to say it but I'm disappointed so far. More listens might change things a bit but for now I like VT much more.

I voted yes because I liked it more than I disliked it. I wasn't impressed on the first listen. The musicality is great, but the pace drags. Some of the lyrics feel like they're one word too long, if you get my meaning. I think it's gonna be an album that grows on me, because there are songs that I liked better on subsequent listenings. My first impression was that Rush had rerecorded Bravado six or seven times.

Archived