Caress of Steel or 2112

EmotionDetector

Which album do you like better?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you like better?

• CARESS OF STEEL

yeah, I thought I was the only one that would vote for CoS.

probably my favorite album. along with Hemispheres.

and I think I'm Going Bald gets a bad rap.

Lamneth = 2112

Bastille Day > Bangkok

Lakeside Park = Twilight Zone

Going Bald = Tears

The Necromancer > Something for Nothing+Lessons

thats how I feel at least.

smile.gif

QUOTE (ang2112 @ Feb 25 2007, 09:12 AM)
It's like asking me to choose "which is my favorite child?"....

Yeah, really. laugh.gif

But I chose one anyway. tongue.gif

Caress has more I feel. I prefer the Fountain over 2112, and I LOVE the first side as well, where I'm only half in love with side 2 of 2112. If I had to be stranded somewhere with one or the other, I'd go with CoS. yes.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 25 2007, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (ang2112 @ Feb 25 2007, 09:12 AM)
It's like asking me to choose "which is my favorite child?"....

Yeah, really. laugh.gif

But I chose one anyway. tongue.gif

Caress has more I feel. I prefer the Fountain over 2112, and I LOVE the first side as well, where I'm only half in love with side 2 of 2112. If I had to be stranded somewhere with one or the other, I'd go with CoS. yes.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Of course someone called The Necromancer is gonna go with CoS, otherwise he'd have called himself "Bangkok Kenny" or "Twilight Zone Ken" or "Something for Nothing Vinnie"

laugh.gif

2112 winning handily btw

653.gif

I'm glad to see that Caress of Steel is getting so many votes. Based on how quickly it was killed in the Rush Survivor Album Edition, I figured 2112 would slaughter it (given also how 2112 has not yet received a single vote in those games).

I voted 2112 because the title track is the best song ever imo, and it happens to make up 1/2 the album. I also love Bankok and Something for Nothing (Lessons and Tears do bring it down, but not enough for me to scorn the whole album). As much as I love CoS and every song on it, I can not in good conscience put it over 2112.

2112 is obviously more accessible than CoS, and it's clearly a staple for Rush...

But for me, it's Caress of Steel, hands down. There's something, frankly, timeless about this album that provides new revelations upon every listen.

The nuances that this album provides (okay, maybe outside of "I Think I'm Going Bald") keeps me coming back for more.

Don't get me wrong - I love 2112. It is a Masterpiece. But CoS -- well, that's something special that deserves far more attention and praise.

Just my 2 cents smile.gif

Voted for COS.

There's some real stinkers on side of 2112 (Twilight Zone, Lessons), not to say COS doesn't have its own sketchy moments, obviously I Think I'm Goin' Bald.

But COS is a fun record probably because most people don't expect too much from it and i've burnt out on 2112 for the most part.

Archived