http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/cp/c64_desktop.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/Hardball1.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/archon1.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/archon2.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/qbert1.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/qbert2.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/spyh1.jpg

http://www.bruceandtheresa.com/hardfunnypics/C64/spyh2.jpg

Anyone who is familiar with a hacking group, EagleSoft Inc - the founder, Mitch was a huge huge Rush fan. He had one member named "By-tor"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, does that bring back memories! I loved my Commodore and I had a lot of games that were cracked by EagleSoft. Was anyone ever on Q-Link? I tried it for a while and it got too expensive, so I had to quit.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 28 2004, 10:09 PM)
Oh man, does that bring back memories! I loved my Commodore and I had a lot of games that were cracked by EagleSoft. Was anyone ever on Q-Link? I tried it for a while and it got too expensive, so I had to quit.

I never was on Q-Link.... I heard it was amazing though.

Damn I wish I knew which game Mitch quotes the Rush song. I believe it was Limelight.

Hey I got all the games emulated on WinVICE if you want them. They all fit on one CD!!! This was where I got the caps from.

I had a Supersnapshot Cartridge smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 28 2004, 10:12 PM)
Personally, I think my TRS-80 Coco could have run loops around your Comode Door smile.gif

You mean the TRASH-80s? We had to learn Data Processing on those ricepieces. Monochrome screen with the ugly silver console. Actually the Commode PET could crush the TRASH-80....

my first computer was a commodore 64. i had it for a couple of years, until i upgraded to a computer with a harddrive. it's still in my parent's basement i think. i doubt the hundred or so floppy's are still good though...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 28 2004, 10:12 PM)
Personally, I think my TRS-80 Coco could have run loops around your Comode Door smile.gif

You mean the TRASH-80s? We had to learn Data Processing on those ricepieces. Monochrome screen with the ugly silver console. Actually the Commode PET could crush the TRASH-80....

monochrome only? no.gif wasn't nicknamed "the color computer" for nothing laugh.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 10:35 PM)
You sure man? Tandy had other models, including their awesome EGA monitors in the late 80s...

But I'm pretty sure the TRASH-80 had the ugly orange lettering man... unless I'm crazy... ?!?

You are incorrect sir smile.gif I had every model of the TRS-80 Coco #1 - #3. The Coco was capable of 256 colors in the coco 3 when it came out (first model was 16 colors). You may be thinking of like the TRS-80 Model 4 or something, not the coco. The model 4's were the big ass machines with the 8" floppy drives (remember those?!?!?! lol ) and were good for running BBS systems with TBBS and software like that... The Coco was primarily a gaming computer, but I learned Assembley on them and we used to hack Alnet Long Distance with them smile.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 10:13 PM)
I never was on Q-Link.... I heard it was amazing though.

Damn I wish I knew which game Mitch quotes the Rush song. I believe it was Limelight.

Hey I got all the games emulated on WinVICE if you want them. They all fit on one CD!!! This was where I got the caps from.

I had a Supersnapshot Cartridge smile.gif smile.gif

I seem to recall (and I fully admit that I may be misremembering) that the Eaglesoft crack of 'Aliens' had a 'Tom Sawyer' scrolling quote on their splash screen.

Thanks for the offer of the games, but I'll pass. No offense, of course.

I had a 'warp speed' cartridge! It really sped up the load time and it's best feature was the reset button.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 28 2004, 10:35 PM)
You sure man? Tandy had other models, including their awesome EGA monitors in the late 80s...

But I'm pretty sure the TRASH-80 had the ugly orange lettering man... unless I'm crazy... ?!?

My first PC was a Tandy 286! Remember the 'PowerMenu' OS?

I started with the Sinclair ZX80, then the ZX81, then I had a Commodore VIC20 with the Datasette unit before upgrading to the 64. Then onto the ZX Spectrum. Elite on the Speccy was brilliant. I never made it to Elite either:( Edited by Chasartymac

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 29 2004, 12:57 PM)
I started with the Sinclair ZX80, then the ZX81, then I had a Commodore VIC20 with the Datasette unit before upgrading to the 64. Then onto the ZX Spectrum. Elite on the Speccy was brilliant. I never made it to Elite either:(

LOL I remember the Sinclair 80 and actually had one!!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 29 2004, 06:11 PM)
I started with the Sinclair ZX80, then the ZX81, then I had a Commodore VIC20 with the Datasette unit before upgrading to the 64. Then onto the ZX Spectrum. Elite on the Speccy was brilliant. I never made it to Elite either:(

With it's mammoth 1k of memory.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 29 2004, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 29 2004, 06:11 PM)

With it's mammoth 1k of memory.

laugh.gif

But that was a lot then! LOL I remember the 64K coco coming out and thinking "64000 bytes!?!?? Who could EVER use that much memory!??!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 29 2004, 02:01 PM)
There were several Rush tunes emulated on SID Player. You have those? Limelight was one of them.

I had them.

I loved how you cpould copy the games on the KIC-20 with a double-cassette deck..

And how about typing out all those games from the Compute! magazine, in Machine Language!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 29 2004, 09:21 PM)

I loved how you cpould copy the games on the KIC-20 with a double-cassette deck..

And how about typing out all those games from the Compute! magazine, in Machine Language!

God yes, I remember typing out all those.

laugh.gif