SPOILERS in this THREAD - New song clip comparison

JDL2112

I've been really beating my head listening to this, and then it came to me...

The little clip of the new song sound almost exactly like 10 seconds on the song A Farewell to Kings.

I might be reaching here, but you are welcome to listen for yourself and I'd love to hear what you all think!

If you load up Kings and play the song, start it at about 3:52 (This what shows on my computer) run it for 10 seconds...then listen to the new clip at Rush.com.

Clearly they are not the same song, but it's so close I really feel better that I found it.

Do these sound close to anyone else?

They can't get this song out fast enough!!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (bacon @ Feb 15 2007, 01:03 PM)
I see what you mean, the part at the middle of the solo, but i think it sounds more like hemispheres; especially the end.

That was my VERY first thought actually, then when I spun up Kings, I sorta went that way...either way, unless it turns to total mush after that, we're in for a dandy song!

QUOTE (bacon @ Feb 15 2007, 01:03 PM)
I see what you mean, the part at the middle of the solo, but i think it sounds more like hemispheres; especially the end.

EXACTLY!!!

I just had to give in and visit RUSH.COM to hear the sample!

Holy shit man that last cymbal crash at the end is totally HEMISPHERES!

Damn I can't wait for May 1st!

RUSH ON!

I think the end of the clip (of FAR CRY) sounds like the end of Circumstances.

check for yourself!!

yeah, I read in places that it sounded like Hemispheres, 2112, or even Permanent Waves. but I was listening to AFTK (song) this morning, and I heard it. it's kinda in between the 2 short guitar solo things. if ya know what I mean. sounds similar.

and I like it.

QUOTE (bacon @ Feb 15 2007, 04:03 PM)

That last chord we hear is an F# Minor, which is the very first chord of Cygnus X-1 Book II Hemispheres.

Archived