The National Midday Sun forum is full of f*cked in

treeduck

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 18 2007, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 04:26 PM)
My only beef is that you caled people "a bunch of f*cked in the head idiots" - Whether that was in jest or not is a moot point. You shouldn't have done it.

I disagree. He was merely using hyperbole to make his point that he disagreed with comments made. trink39.gif

I was hoping that this genteel English debate would deteriorate into a full blown pissing contest. There's another Americanism for Fridge.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 18 2007, 12:31 PM)
My only beef is that you caled people "a bunch of f*cked in the head idiots" - Whether that was in jest or not is a moot point. You shouldn't have done it.

I disagree. He was merely using hyperbole to make his point that he disagreed with comments made. trink39.gif

You can disagree all you want, but you are still wrong wink.gif

He wasn't using Hyperbole at all which is essentially an exaggeration used to convey strong sentiment. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

It was a staightforward insult which was unneccessary IMO. I should qualify this by saying that I don't think for a minute that he really meant it that way, but nevertheless it was not the wisest thing to say and should have been thought out a little more beforehand.

Anyway, it's history as far as I am concerned. The American thing was meant purely as bait for Ducky which to his credit he didn't take....

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 18 2007, 04:44 PM)
I was hoping that this genteel English debate would deteriorate into a full blown pissing contest. There's another Americanism for Fridge.

less of the "English" if you don't mind wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 18 2007, 11:44 AM)
I was hoping that this genteel English debate would deteriorate into a full blown pissing contest.  There's another Americanism for Fridge.

I'm fluent in jive tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 18 2007, 11:44 AM)
I was hoping that this genteel English debate would deteriorate into a full blown pissing contest.  There's another Americanism for Fridge.

Great Scots!!!! You're a Scot! blush4.gif

I assumed that you were English. You know what they say when you ass/u/me

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 18 2007, 11:42 AM)

He wasn't using Hyperbole at all which is essentially an exaggeration used to convey strong sentiment. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

It was a staightforward insult which was unneccessary IMO. I should qualify this by saying that I don't think for a minute that he really meant it that way, but nevertheless it was not the wisest thing to say and should have been thought out a little more beforehand.

Anyway, it's history as far as I am concerned. The American thing was meant purely as bait for Ducky which to his credit he didn't take....

You should be used to being insulted by now Fridgey...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 07:08 PM)

wink.gif

I am, but being called English was a bridge too far....I mean, how nuch can a man take? biggrin.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 18 2007, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 07:08 PM)

wink.gif

I am, but being called English was a bridge too far....I mean, how nuch can a man take? biggrin.gif wink.gif

blush4.gif My bad.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 19 2007, 04:13 AM)

No Im not, Im right. You are wrong. Oversensitive and didactic. laugh.gif

Narpet wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 19 2007, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 19 2007, 04:13 AM)

No Im not, Im right. You are wrong. Oversensitive and didactic. laugh.gif

Narpet wink.gif laugh.gif

Now that is tasteful without being gaudy! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif