The National Midday Sun forum is full of f*cked in

treeduck

I just had a quick look at The National Midday Sun forum for the first time in a while and it's worse than ever...

They even have an 18 page "the new album will be shit" thread. What's the point of posting threads like that if you're supposed to be a fan? And if you're not a fan why post there at all?

wacko.gif

Edited by treeduck

Are you sure you're not a septic? wink.gif

It's actually a pretty funny thread and not really meant to be taken seriously.

And although it's slower than it has been, there are many aspects of the forum that are better than others out there, just as there are aspects of this forum which it would be nice to see incorporated there.

And I don't think I'm a "f*cked in the head idiot", so it's probably just you nasty.gif

Come on now, there's no need to dump on other forums here. Even if we are the best. wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 07:49 AM)

And although it's slower than it has been, there are many aspects of the forum that are better than others out there, just as there are aspects of this forum which it would be nice to see incorporated there.

And I don't think I'm a "f*cked in the head idiot", so it's probably just you nasty.gif

I should have known that'd be your hang-out...

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2007, 02:42 PM)
I just skimmed through the thread and there are a lot of people defending Rush on this one. The ones bitching about the new Rush have 'good ole day' syndrome. One of them even referred to himself as a Rush purist. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thing is if those guys stopped liking Rush in 1979 then why haven't they moved on to something they do like. Why hang around forums of some old band they used to like 30 years ago??

wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 02:46 PM)
I just skimmed through the thread and there are a lot of people defending Rush on this one.  The ones bitching about the new Rush have 'good ole day' syndrome.  One of them even referred to himself as a Rush purist. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Thing is if those guys stopped liking Rush in 1979 then why haven't they moved on to something they do like. Why hang around forums of some old band they used to like 30 years ago??

wacko.gif

They have been stricken with the syndrome.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2007, 02:55 PM)
I just skimmed through the thread and there are a lot of people defending Rush on this one.  The ones bitching about the new Rush have 'good ole day' syndrome.  One of them even referred to himself as a Rush purist. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

wacko.gif

They should just sit at home and listen to the first 6 albums and not go anywhere near a computer, they didn't have them in the 70s either...

I'm with you on this one Duck.....all the way mate.

What a bunch of dumb-ass blokes.

The other forum I mean.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2007, 02:55 PM)

wacko.gif

They should just sit at home and listen to the first 6 albums and not go anywhere near a computer, they didn't have them in the 70s either...

rofl3.gif

Majorly Owned.

In my early fandom, i had this syndrome, but, I was cured.

I bet the new album is gonna kick there asses anyway!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 08:31 PM)

eyesre4.gif

It's no more my "hang out" than here, though I've been a member there longer.

I just think it's a bit much to call people "f*cked in the head idiots" because you find their opinion unpalatable.

I repeat, I think if you read it properly you will see most of it is tongue in cheek apart from a couple of silly folks.

I'm still convinced you are really American wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 03:35 PM)

eyesre4.gif

I just think it's a bit much to call people "f*cked in the head idiots" because you find their opinion unpalatable.

I repeat, I think if you read it properly you will see most of it is tongue in cheek apart from a couple of silly folks.

I'll be an American for you if you want mate, what kind of attributes do Americans have that you most closely observe and that you'd like to see incorparated here for your entertainment?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 03:47 PM)

eyesre4.gif

I'll be an American for you if you want mate, what kind of attributes do Americans have that you most closely observe and that you'd like to see incorparated here for your entertainment?

You're getting in dangerous territory Fridge. Tread lightly.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 09:47 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Again you are assuming that I'm being negative......

It's specically to do with your opinions which are very much in line with this forum (predominantly American) and your general language and presentation. You do seem to use rather a lot of American style slang.

If you were actually American this is no bad thing, but I'm just puzzled as to why you type the way you do. It could of course be that you have spent a lot of time there...

So you see, I'm not being derogatory, just curious, so lets steer this away from something its not intended to be, shall we?

I also still think it was a bit much to be personally derogatory towards members of the other forum. They are merely stating their dislike for a certain type of music, you are getting personal.

Hope this clarifies.....

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2007, 09:56 PM)

eyesre4.gif

I appreciate the warning in the spirit it was intended, but you have jumped to the wrong conclusion...see above

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 04:08 PM)

eyesre4.gif

I appreciate the warning in the spirit it was intended, but you have jumped to the wrong conclusion...see above

I've read your post and no harm done. I just didn't want to see a trivial debate turn into something serious.

We have members from all over the globe. Rush is most popular in the States so it makes sense that the majority of our members hail from there. We like to think of ourselves as Rush board, not an American Rush board. Check out our Europe map -- LOTS of members from there, especially from the U.K. We even have two pins on our Africa map!

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 04:06 PM)

eyesre4.gif

It's specically to do with your opinions which are very much in line with this forum (predominantly American) and your general language and presentation. You do seem to use rather a lot of American style slang.

If you were actually American this is no bad thing, but I'm just puzzled as to why you type the way you do. It could of course be that you have spent a lot of time there...

So you see, I'm not being derogatory, just curious, so lets steer this away from something its not intended to be, shall we?

I also still think it was a bit much to be personally derogatory towards members of the other forum. They are merely stating their dislike for a certain type of music, you are getting personal.

Hope this clarifies.....

You're assuming I'm assuming you're being negative, but why do you think this? I typed a polite sentence? What else can I say? I am American I'm not American. I thought it was funny anyway... Don't you want me to entertain you with some Americanisms? Just say no if you don't like the idea. I'm easy. But I'm also lazy so you'll have to draw up a plan and guide so I can do as little as possible, that ok?

bekloppt.gif

Thing is Fridge you assume that I'm deadly serious with everything I do, or it appears that way. But you say how you and your pals over there at TNMS are only having a laugh. So ok I'm the serious guy and you and your mates are these hilarious types. Ok then, but I'm curious as to how you came to see me as this serious figure. You obviously only read my "serious" posts, have a look around the forum and see how serious I am really and compare it to your "treeduck as a serious American" vision of me, and see what you think. it's ok if you want to see me as serious but your mum still loves you and if she's dead then RIP...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 10:20 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Hope this clarifies.....

You're assuming I'm assuming you're being negative, but why do you think this? I typed a polite sentence? What else can I say? I am American I'm not American. I thought it was funny anyway... Don't you want me to entertain you with some Americanisms? Just say no if you don't like the idea. I'm easy. But I'm also lazy so you'll have to draw up a plan and guide so I can do as little as possible, that ok?

bekloppt.gif

Thing is Fridge you assume that I'm deadly serious with everything I do, or it appears that way. But you say how you and your pals over there at TNMS are only having a laugh. So ok I'm the serious guy and you and your mates are these hilarious types. Ok then, but I'm curious as to how you came to see me as this serious figure. You obviously only read my "serious" posts, have a look around the forum and see how serious I am really and compare it to your "treeduck as a serious American" vision of me, and see what you think. it's ok if you want to see me as serious but your mum still loves you and if she's dead then RIP...

trink38.gif

Wow! If you think I take you seriously, then you are WAY off the mark.

There have been many times I have "got" what you have been saying when others haven't..

My only beef is that you caled people "a bunch of f*cked in the head idiots" - Whether that was in jest or not is a moot point. You shouldn't have done it.

That was the only thing in the entire post I was "serious" about, and I'm surprised you didn't see it...

BTW, as I already pointed out, I don't feel any more "allegiance" to T-N-M-S than I do here...

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 04:26 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Hope this clarifies.....

bekloppt.gif

trink38.gif

There have been many times I have "got" what you have been saying when others haven't..

My only beef is that you caled people "a bunch of f*cked in the head idiots" - Whether that was in jest or not is a moot point. You shouldn't have done it.

That was the only thing in the entire post I was "serious" about, and I'm surprised you didn't see it...

BTW, as I already pointed out, I don't feel any more "allegiance" to T-N-M-S than I do here...

Not only that I'm calling you a Shit Mining Bitch Baker and a Glazed Peanut Infested Ape Buggering Malenfant!!!

1287.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 17 2007, 10:16 PM)
We have members from all over the globe. Rush is most popular in the States so it makes sense that the majority of our members hail from there. We like to think of ourselves as Rush board, not an American Rush board. Check out our Europe map -- LOTS of members from there, especially from the U.K. We even have two pins on our Africa map!

All true, but I was merely having fun with Ducky

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 10:32 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Hope this clarifies.....

bekloppt.gif

trink38.gif

Not only that I'm calling you a Shit Mining Bitch Baker and a Glazed Peanut Infested Ape Buggering Malenfant!!!

1287.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif

How did you know?

You chiseling twatter tongue.gif

Edited by Fridge

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2007, 10:32 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Hope this clarifies.....

bekloppt.gif

trink38.gif

1287.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif

How did you know?

I don't know maybe it's a seventh sense...

(btw my sixth sense is my abilty to eat 60 eggs in 15 minutes while being egged on by a 45 year old version of George kennedy, who I earlier outboxed soundly, in fact I thrashed the redneck old fool)

unsure.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2007, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2007, 04:08 PM)

eyesre4.gif

I've read your post and no harm done. I just didn't want to see a trivial debate turn into something serious.

Whoa there hopalong, put away your flag... laugh.gif At least I know you have my back someday, somplace (not here, not needed of course).

I disagree. He was merely using hyperbole to make his point that he disagreed with comments made. trink39.gif