Munsters vs. Addams Family

lerxt1990

Which did you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which did you prefer?

• Munsters
    • Addams Family

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2007, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 16 2007, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 16 2007, 05:47 PM)
I'd have to go with 'The Addams Family' on this one. 'The Munsters' was a ripoff, and the jokes on that show just weren't as good.

How do you know it's a rip-off Jack? Not only did they both come out in 1964 they premiered the same week...I think there might have been 6 days in it or something. The Addams Family itself was a comic so in that sense I suppose it came first but the shows...I don't know...

It was clear though who was the tallest between Herman Munster and Lurch, Lurch - Ted Cassidy was 6'9 while Fred Gwynne was a comparitively stumpy 6'5.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

No no mate that's serious!!!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 16 2007, 10:58 PM)
I'd have to go with 'The Addams Family' on this one. 'The Munsters' was a ripoff, and the jokes on that show just weren't as good.

How do you know it's a rip-off Jack? Not only did they both come out in 1964 they premiered the same week...I think there might have been 6 days in it or something. The Addams Family itself was a comic so in that sense I suppose it came first but the shows...I don't know...

It was clear though who was the tallest between Herman Munster and Lurch, Lurch - Ted Cassidy was 6'9 while Fred Gwynne was a comparitively stumpy 6'5.

It happens all the time! Rival networks always have similar shows in development, mostly because shows get shopped around to a lot of different networks. Once one hears another is developing a show, they rush right in and develop a similar show of their own. For example, 'Chicago Hope' premiered the same night as 'E.R.' Both are medical shows. Coincidence? I don't think so. Ripoff, I say! Ripoff!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 18 2007, 02:41 PM)

It happens all the time! Rival networks always have similar shows in development, mostly because shows get shopped around to a lot of different networks. Once one hears another is developing a show, they rush right in and develop a similar show of their own. For example, 'Chicago Hope' premiered the same night as 'E.R.' Both are medical shows. Coincidence? I don't think so. Ripoff, I say! Ripoff!

Yeah but how do you know who had the idea first if they both premiered the same week...

pssst Jack I knew you'd not seen my post so I made sure to bump it today...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 03:43 PM)

Yeah but how do you know who had the idea first if they both premiered the same week...

wink.gif

I know because 'The Addams Family' comic strip had been running for years before it was developed as a TV show.

Good bumpage.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 18 2007, 02:46 PM)

wink.gif

I know because 'The Addams Family' comic strip had been running for years before it was developed as a TV show.

Good bumpage.

Yeah but The Munsters isn't like Charle's Addams cartoon and really the Addams family TV show is just a spin-off or a direct rip-off of the cartoon...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 03:49 PM)

wink.gif

Good bumpage.

Yeah but The Munsters isn't like Charle's Addams cartoon and really the Addams family TV show is just a spin-off or a direct rip-off of the cartoon...

That's irrelevant. You were talking about the idea.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 18 2007, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 18 2007, 03:49 PM)

wink.gif

Good bumpage.

That's irrelevant. You were talking about the idea.

I'm going to be completely adult about this and say...

MUNSTERS MUNSTERS MUNSTERS MUNSTERS MUNSTERS MUNSTERS MUNSTERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! moon.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 13 2007, 09:47 PM)
By far, The Addams Family. It was my favorite show as a kid. I'm a fan of the Munsters too, and loved watching it.

The trains. I think it was the trains.

bumper.gif Munsters Ruled! the poll speaks for it's self! laugh.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 24 2007, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 13 2007, 09:47 PM)
By far, The Addams Family.  It was my favorite show as a kid.  I'm a fan of the Munsters too, and loved watching it.

The trains.  I think it was the trains.

bumper.gif Munsters Ruled! the poll speaks for it's self! laugh.gif

rage.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 13 2007, 09:28 PM)
Addam's Family was my fave of the two. It was more "original" and didn't borrow from already made monsters.

My opinion as well. The humor of The Addams Family was a little more on the macabre side, which I liked better.

The Munsters had the edge with two things: Cooler car, and cooler theme song.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 25 2007, 10:45 PM)
Addams Family.

I also liked the movie adaptations. Raul Julia was perfect!!

Raul was good yes.gif

But I wasn't happy with Morticia at all. And I like that actress in everything else she's in. She just didn't give Morticia the feel that Carolyn Jones did at all. While I thought Raul brought a new feeling to Gomez, while still paying homage to the original. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 25 2007, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 13 2007, 09:28 PM)
Addam's Family was my fave of the two. It was more "original" and didn't borrow from already made monsters.

My opinion as well. The humor of The Addams Family was a little more on the macabre side, which I liked better.

The Munsters had the edge with two things: Cooler car, and cooler theme song.

Well, "Cleopatra", the carnivorous plant, and "Thing" were neat inventions. Other things I liked were "MaMa", the moonlit picnics in the swamp and Wednesday was one creepy little girl with her headless Marie Antoinette doll.

Besides, Gomez was rich. Morticia gave the goth look its popularity.

I remember when I was little there was an animated version on Saturday mornings of The Addams Family. Jodie Foster did the voice of Pugsley.

They travelled on the road a lot with their house hitched up in the back of their automobile. And I think there was always a storm cloud above it.

Morticia wore a tight black dress, while Lily Munster showed a bit more cleavage. Am I remembering this correctly? unsure.gif laugh.gif

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/NecroBolt/carolynjones6.jpg

Carolyn Jones... with quite a V cut

http://www.voltini.com/0a57df70.jpg

Y'vonne DeCarlo with that squared off top. sad.gif

But both would make my dreams come true. yes.gif

Edited by Necromancer