jesus and hitler trailer is up

Tick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 12 2007, 06:21 PM)
That trailer is the whole thing, right? It doesn't seem like there's an actual movie attached to it. Well done but in extremely poor taste.

i would sure hope the trailer is the whole thing, it is in poor taste but you must admitt it is very funny.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 12 2007, 05:24 PM)
That trailer is the whole thing, right? It doesn't seem like there's an actual movie attached to it. Well done but in extremely poor taste.

i would sure hope the trailer is the whole thing, it is in poor taste but you must admitt it is very funny.

I'm no prude when it comes to humor. It takes a LOT to offend me. But any time you joke about 6 million people being murdered it ceases to be funny, IMO.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 12 2007, 06:00 PM)

I'm no prude when it comes to humor. It takes a LOT to offend me. But any time you joke about 6 million people being murdered it ceases to be funny, IMO.

I saw it as a slam on the movie industry. The ridiculous buddy movies. And even to another point... how sheep can be so easily led. I bet a movie like this would do well because of the backlash.

The ridiculous of the pairing is what I found funny.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 12 2007, 06:04 PM)

I saw it as a slam on the movie industry. The ridiculous buddy movies. And even to another point... how sheep can be so easily led. I bet a movie like this would do well because of the backlash.

That's what I found funny as well. But when that "6 million" reference came up I winced, and it takes a lot to make me do that.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 12 2007, 06:06 PM)

That's what I found funny as well. But when that "6 million" reference came up I winced, and it takes a lot to make me do that.

True. yes.gif

But i winced even more when i noticed i'd laughed when she said "you've officially screwed six million AND ONE jews." It was one of those chuckles quickly cut off by a moan.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 12 2007, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 12 2007, 06:06 PM)

True. yes.gif

But i winced even more when i noticed i'd laughed when she said "you've officially screwed six million AND ONE jews." It was one of those chuckles quickly cut off by a moan.

it is in poor taste, and of coarse there is nothing funny about the haulocaust, but i saw it as just goofy satire and nothing more. if it offended anyone im sorry.

There is nothing funny about any of that. It's puerile sludge that skews to the lowest common denominator of the lowest common denominator. I think everyone who laughed at this should google 'Holocaust' and then do little soul-searching. Six million people slaughtered for no other reason than their religious faith is no laughing matter. Anyone wanting to post similar stuff in the future is welcome to do so OUTSIDE of my forums. Thank you.

I am right now indulging in some flagellation over my horrendous laughter at this ridiculous clip.

I really don't think laughing at this made me a monster in need of some "soul-searching". But if you say so Jack. tongue.gif

It was a humorous clip busting the movie industry more than anything. And the fans who would go see something like this.

Didn't ALL in the FAMILY break down stereotypes and set new ways of thinking by RIDICULING the absurd? If I had to battle my short giggle over this stupid clip, I would say that it fell on that type of creativeness. yes.gif

Anyway... TICK... you should be ASHAMED of yourself for posting this and making some of us laugh... AND cringe... but still... laugh. yes.gif

whoever played Hitler looks just like the kid who played Issac in Children Of The Corn. Jesus looks familiar too.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 12 2007, 10:26 PM)
There is nothing funny about any of that. It's puerile sludge that skews to the lowest common denominator of the lowest common denominator. I think everyone who laughed at this should google 'Holocaust' and then do little soul-searching. Six million people slaughtered for no other reason than their religious faith is no laughing matter. Anyone wanting to post similar stuff in the future is welcome to do so OUTSIDE of my forums. Thank you.

you my friend need to lighten up, i posted this and i am not the lowest common anything. plesae dont be the "moral majority"and make more out of this then it is. no one finds the haulacaust funny so please stop playing that angle. i love jesus ! and hitler was an evil monster but please, dont persecute me like some asshole for posting it. the whole f***ing world is evil and we are forced to wake up in it everyday so ill take a good laugh when its out there. now im an insensitive anti semetic ? i just thought it was funny on a sophmoric level. its was not meant to do anything but get a chuckle. i think we all know what an asshole hitler was. "google haulicaust" angry.gif ha ha, now you've pissed me off cause i know who i am, and that offends me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/holocaust4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/Victim.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/dachaugate.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/camp_concentration.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/holo1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/holo2.gif

Yeah, real f**king funny. I'm laughing my f**king ass off over here.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 13 2007, 08:51 AM)

you my friend need to lighten up, i posted this and i am not the lowest common anything. plesae dont be the "moral majority"and make more out of this then it is. no one finds the haulacaust funny so please stop playing that angle. i love jesus ! and hitler was an evil monster but please, dont persecute me like some asshole for posting it. the whole f***ing world is evil and we are forced to wake up in it everyday so ill take a good laugh when its out there. now im an insensitive anti semetic ? i just thought it was funny on a sophmoric level. its was not meant to do anything but get a chuckle. i think we all know what an asshole hitler was. "google haulicaust" angry.gif ha ha, now you've pissed me off cause i know who i am, and that offends me.

I'm the one who says that the Holocaust is no laughing matter and I'm the bad guy? Please.

Oh, and you're offended? Congratulations, now you know how I feel.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2007, 09:05 AM)

I'm the one who says that the Holocaust is no laughing matter and I'm the bad guy? Please.

your offended. read the post i quoted from you, it was directed at me. you may not find the video funny but dont make it more then it is. i did not post it to make fun of the fact 6,000 000 jews were killed and i think you know that. i dont think anyone in this forum would accuse me of being antisemetic. we all laugh at things sometimes that if we went to the core of what we were laughing at, it wouldnt be very funny. oh and your post is totally rude and offensive, no one wants to see those images here ! there was no call for that, but your the mod, you make the rules right ? lastly, hitler was a dictator, dont you be one.

It's really a total shame this thread is getting like this. No offense Jack, but to me... it seems as you threw the first stone. Tick is in NO WAY anti-semetic and the fact that he posted this doesn't make him out to be a monster.

We've all had history class. My father and uncle were there and have photos that NO magazine has ever published, so I know all about the Holocaust without the need for google.

That vid had nothing to do with GLORIFYING Hitler at all. In no way was it meant to belittle the atrocities he committed. I don't think it had any kind of political agenda either. It was sophomoric humor that made light of the buddy films by pairing the most impossibly paired two men imaginable.

I gotta side with Tick here, in that I feel the only thing that is offensive is your perception of the ones who it brought a chuckle to.

Please think about it Jack. No need for heat here over a ridiculously silly clip.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 13 2007, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2007, 09:05 AM)

your offended. read the post i quoted from you, it was directed at me. you may not find the video funny but dont make it more then it is. i did not post it to make fun of the fact 6,000 000 jews were killed and i think you know that. i dont think anyone in this forum would accuse me of being antisemetic. we all laugh at things sometimes that if we went to the core of what we were laughing at, it wouldnt be very funny. oh and your post is totally rude and offensive, no one wants to see those images here ! there was no call for that, but your the mod, you make the rules right ? lastly, hitler was a dictator, dont you be one.

Please show me in any of my posts where I said you were an anti-Semite.

Also, my post was not directed solely at you, but at EVERYBODY.

It has never been my intention to be a dictator, but if anyone forces me to intervene, I will. If you perceive that as being dictatorial then you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 13 2007, 09:21 AM)
oh and your post is totally rude and offensive, no one wants to see those images here ! there was no call for that, but your the mod, you make the rules right ?

Is anyone else struck by the irony in tick's statement here? I post pictures of the Holocaust and concentration camps and that's considered to be rude and offensive. Yet he posts a link to a video that makes a 'joke' at the expense of six million slaughtered Jews and that's OK? Did I wake up in some alternate universe today?

I don't get it, I honestly don't. I thought I was doing the right thing here in saying that not only is it gravely wrong to make jokes about the Holocaust, but also in tacitly reminding people that posts containing offensive material or links to offensive material are not welcome anywhere on this forum.

My first impulse was to just delete this thread, no questions asked, but I thought it was my duty as an historian to remind people that sick garbage like in that video is never funny, and that perhaps by using strong language I might possibly cause you all to re-think why you are laughing at it. I make no apologies for what i said, I felt it was necessary at the time and I am proud to stand with my Jewish brothers and sisters in reminding people that we must never forget!

"We shall never let the victims be forgotten. For if we do we will forget that the perpetrator can be in all of us." -Rudi Raab.